We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Re: RE: Re: Shohei Ohtani Signs with the Angels

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:05 am

ConstableRabbit wrote:
Bluescale wrote:
CaliforniaRaisin wrote:Lol Dodgers.

And there's this latest quote from Kershaw:

"I [couldn't] care less now," Kershaw told reporters Wednesday when asked if he was excited to face Ohtani. "He didn't pick us. Good luck to him."

Some of these guys sure are salty about his choice...

I always find it amusing when pro athletes say “I could care less” and editors have to fix the quote with brackets so that it makes sense.
To be fair I feel like it's a eureka moment when I hear somebody use the phrase properly
3 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Re: Shohei Ohtani Signs with the Angels

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:18 am

but really, in a way, couldn’t we all care less?
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:10 pm

The Tijuana Toros put up 6 runs in 3 innings off of Ohtani today but he did put up a 6:1 KBB
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:45 pm

I rant against looking at spring training numbers as much as anyone, but I would be pretty bummed right now if we'd gotten him and he looked like this, esp given that he'd almost certainly have a rotation spot (and we wouldn't have signed darvish)
1 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:14 pm

David wrote:I rant against looking at spring training numbers as much as anyone, but I would be pretty bummed right now if we'd gotten him and he looked like this, esp given that he'd almost certainly have a rotation spot (and we wouldn't have signed darvish)

We might have still signed Darvish and then decide to go with a 6-man starting rotation. I'm skeptical of Ohtani being capable of throwing 150+ innings this year.

I mean he could do that, but it wouldn't be prudent considering how few innings he threw last year in Japan. Ohtani didn't cost that much in terms of a signing bonus. Actually, all the Cubs could offer was $300K, which is nothing. The Cubs could easily afford both Ohtani and Darvish.
0 x

Bluescale
All-Star

Postby Bluescale » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:18 pm

David wrote:I rant against looking at spring training numbers as much as anyone, but I would be pretty bummed right now if we'd gotten him and he looked like this, esp given that he'd almost certainly have a rotation spot (and we wouldn't have signed darvish)

If the Cubs had snagged Ohtani, as cheap as he was, I wonder if they would have skipped signing Chatwood, and gone straight after Darvish from the beginning. If I'm not mistaken, Ohtani made his choice a day before the Cubs inked Chatwood.

Eh...probably not...
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

JennieGarthAlgar
All-Star

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:06 am

Probably depends on how accurate that rumor of him not wanting to play with other Japanese players was, too
0 x

Return to “Transactions”