The version of the board software has been updated. If you want to use a different theme (currently only subsilver is available), please do the following:

1) click your name in the upper right
2) click user control panel
3) go to the board preferences tab
4) Change from prosilver to subsilver
5) click submit.

Blue Jays hire Gibbons as manager

David
Hall of Fame

Blue Jays hire Gibbons as manager

Postby David » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:16 am

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick
#Bluejays officially announce John Gibbons' return as manager. He's got a lot of talent to work with this time.

Well, that should be, uhhhhh, entertaining...

Banedon
Curse You!

Re: Blue Jays hire Gibbons as manager

Postby Banedon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:27 am

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:29 am

"Gibby called a team meeting and then he stood up and reamed me out in front of my teammates," Hillenbrand told The Toronto Star. "I'm very disappointed about what he did and I find it very unprofessional."

Gibbons acknowledged he challenged Hillenbrand to a fight.

"He had a chance yesterday to defend himself in front of his coaches and his teammates. He chose not to," Gibbons said.

davell
Superstar

Postby davell » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:38 am

Theo thinks the next market inneficiency is curbing pitching injuries. AA evidently thinks its finding managers to beat the [expletive] out of the players.

Castro's Spray Chart
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby Castro's Spray Chart » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:43 pm

David wrote:
"Gibby called a team meeting and then he stood up and reamed me out in front of my teammates," Hillenbrand told The Toronto Star. "I'm very disappointed about what he did and I find it very unprofessional."

"He had a chance yesterday to defend himself in front of his coaches and his teammates. He chose not to," Gibbons said.

Oh my goodness, is there anything more meatbally than challenging a player to a fight and then basically calling him a [expletive] on the record?
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:54 pm

To be fair, pretty much everybody hates Shea Hillenbrand.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:46 pm

Maybe rehiring a failure of a manager is the new market inefficiency

If so, Bruce Kimm should start sitting by the phone

NonProfitCow
All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Castro's Spray Chart wrote:
David wrote:

Oh my goodness, is there anything more meatbally than challenging a player to a fight and then basically calling him a [expletive] on the record?

I think you missed the whole story.

On July 19, 2006, Hillenbrand criticized the Blue Jays organization for failing to congratulate him on his recent adoption of a baby girl and not playing him upon his return. He was also disgruntled about sharing first base duties with Lyle Overbay and third base duties with Troy Glaus while being made to play as a designated hitter. Hillenbrand refused to sit with his team in the dugout during that night's game. After the game, an argument in the clubhouse took place between Hillenbrand and manager John Gibbons over Hillenbrand allegedly writing defamatory comments about the team on the clubhouse billboard ("This is a sinking ship" and "Play for yourself") after batting practice. This led to a confrontation between Hillenbrand and Gibbons.

He was designated for assignment that same evening, with the club citing irreconcilable differences.

He was out of baseball a year later.

Castro's Spray Chart
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby Castro's Spray Chart » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:59 pm

NonProfitCow wrote:
Castro's Spray Chart wrote:
David wrote:

I think you missed the whole story.

On July 19, 2006, Hillenbrand criticized the Blue Jays organization for failing to congratulate him on his recent adoption of a baby girl and not playing him upon his return. He was also disgruntled about sharing first base duties with Lyle Overbay and third base duties with Troy Glaus while being made to play as a designated hitter. Hillenbrand refused to sit with his team in the dugout during that night's game. After the game, an argument in the clubhouse took place between Hillenbrand and manager John Gibbons over Hillenbrand allegedly writing defamatory comments about the team on the clubhouse billboard ("This is a sinking ship" and "Play for yourself") after batting practice. This led to a confrontation between Hillenbrand and Gibbons.

He was designated for assignment that same evening, with the club citing irreconcilable differences.

He was out of baseball a year later.

I knew Hillenbrand was a [expletive], but no, I didn't quite know those details. I still stand by what I said, though.
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

Return to “Transactions”