North Side Baseball - Home Page

The place for discussion about the Chicago Cubs
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Blue Jays hire Gibbons as manager
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:16 am 
Hall of Fame

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick
#Bluejays officially announce John Gibbons' return as manager. He's got a lot of talent to work with this time.

Well, that should be, uhhhhh, entertaining...

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: Blue Jays hire Gibbons as manager
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:27 am 
Curse You!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:29 am 
Hall of Fame

Quote:
"Gibby called a team meeting and then he stood up and reamed me out in front of my teammates," Hillenbrand told The Toronto Star. "I'm very disappointed about what he did and I find it very unprofessional."

Gibbons acknowledged he challenged Hillenbrand to a fight.

"He had a chance yesterday to defend himself in front of his coaches and his teammates. He chose not to," Gibbons said.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:38 am 
Superstar

Theo thinks the next market inneficiency is curbing pitching injuries. AA evidently thinks its finding managers to beat the [expletive] out of the players.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:43 pm 
previously Beertown Cubbie

David wrote:
Quote:
"Gibby called a team meeting and then he stood up and reamed me out in front of my teammates," Hillenbrand told The Toronto Star. "I'm very disappointed about what he did and I find it very unprofessional."

"He had a chance yesterday to defend himself in front of his coaches and his teammates. He chose not to," Gibbons said.

Oh my goodness, is there anything more meatbally than challenging a player to a fight and then basically calling him a [expletive] on the record?

2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:54 pm 
is ELL

To be fair, pretty much everybody hates Shea Hillenbrand.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:46 pm 
Stall Monitor

Maybe rehiring a failure of a manager is the new market inefficiency

If so, Bruce Kimm should start sitting by the phone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:05 pm 
All-Star

Castro's Spray Chart wrote:
David wrote:
Quote:

Oh my goodness, is there anything more meatbally than challenging a player to a fight and then basically calling him a [expletive] on the record?

I think you missed the whole story.

Quote:
On July 19, 2006, Hillenbrand criticized the Blue Jays organization for failing to congratulate him on his recent adoption of a baby girl and not playing him upon his return. He was also disgruntled about sharing first base duties with Lyle Overbay and third base duties with Troy Glaus while being made to play as a designated hitter. Hillenbrand refused to sit with his team in the dugout during that night's game. After the game, an argument in the clubhouse took place between Hillenbrand and manager John Gibbons over Hillenbrand allegedly writing defamatory comments about the team on the clubhouse billboard ("This is a sinking ship" and "Play for yourself") after batting practice. This led to a confrontation between Hillenbrand and Gibbons.

He was designated for assignment that same evening, with the club citing irreconcilable differences.

He was out of baseball a year later.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:59 pm 
previously Beertown Cubbie

NonProfitCow wrote:
Castro's Spray Chart wrote:
David wrote:
Quote:

I think you missed the whole story.

Quote:
On July 19, 2006, Hillenbrand criticized the Blue Jays organization for failing to congratulate him on his recent adoption of a baby girl and not playing him upon his return. He was also disgruntled about sharing first base duties with Lyle Overbay and third base duties with Troy Glaus while being made to play as a designated hitter. Hillenbrand refused to sit with his team in the dugout during that night's game. After the game, an argument in the clubhouse took place between Hillenbrand and manager John Gibbons over Hillenbrand allegedly writing defamatory comments about the team on the clubhouse billboard ("This is a sinking ship" and "Play for yourself") after batting practice. This led to a confrontation between Hillenbrand and Gibbons.

He was designated for assignment that same evening, with the club citing irreconcilable differences.

He was out of baseball a year later.

I knew Hillenbrand was a [expletive], but no, I didn't quite know those details. I still stand by what I said, though.

2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

google adsense
Post details