North Side Baseball - Home Page

The place for discussion about the Chicago Cubs
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:23 pm 
Offline
Stall Monitor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:44 am
Posts: 54748
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
How will the Angels manage to miss the playoffs NOW?


Top
 Profile  
 
 
google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:27 pm 
Offline
Hall of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 43217
on top of things

_________________
Le’Veon Bell to cops: “I didn’t know you could get a DUI for being high. I smoked two hours ago. I’m not high anymore." Oh.

Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:28 pm 
Offline
Audio King
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:14 am
Posts: 6743
Torii Hunter‏ @toriihunter48
I was told money was tight but I guess the Arte had money hidden under a Mattress. Business is business but don't lie.

Money is 5 years, $125 mil, for the record.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:29 pm 
Offline
Starter

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:15 pm
Posts: 878
Marmol and $ for Bourjos please!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:31 pm 
Offline
Starter

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:15 pm
Posts: 878
BCVM22 wrote:
Torii Hunter‏ @toriihunter48
I was told money was tight but I guess the Arte had money hidden under a Mattress. Business is business but don't lie.

Money is 5 years, $125 mil, for the record.


Yep they should have told Torii he is old and too right handed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:32 pm 
Offline
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:57 am
Posts: 17824
Location: The Wastes
Derwood wrote:
How will the Angels manage to miss the playoffs NOW?


Well, they're down Haren and Grienke from a team that missed the playoff last year, so it's quite possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:33 pm 
Offline
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:57 am
Posts: 17824
Location: The Wastes
Cubs Fan Dan wrote:
BCVM22 wrote:
Torii Hunter‏ @toriihunter48
I was told money was tight but I guess the Arte had money hidden under a Mattress. Business is business but don't lie.

Money is 5 years, $125 mil, for the record.


Yep they should have told Torii he is old and too right handed.


Of course it's possible they were still budgeting in a potential Greinke deal at that point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:42 pm 
Offline
Formerly eb14play2
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:52 am
Posts: 3561
Location: Kansas City, MO
BCVM22 wrote:
Torii Hunter‏ @toriihunter48
I was told money was tight but I guess the Arte had money hidden under a Mattress. Business is business but don't lie.

Money is 5 years, $125 mil, for the record.


Sounds like somebody wants to be in Anaheim instead of where he's at.

_________________
COBS PACKERS MIZZOU


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 pm 
Offline
All-Star

Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:36 pm
Posts: 2798
Location: St. Louis
https://twitter.com/JeffWilson_FWST/sta ... 0922517504
Quote:
Jon Daniels says #Rangers did not get call to match Angels' offer. Daniels is not pleased with how negotiations ended.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:03 pm 
Offline
Hall of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:59 am
Posts: 24938
Location: Kansas City
XZero77 wrote:
Derwood wrote:
How will the Angels manage to miss the playoffs NOW?


Well, they're down Haren and Grienke from a team that missed the playoff last year, so it's quite possible.

And the Rangers are still loaded.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 pm 
Offline
All-Star

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:14 am
Posts: 1397
Pretty dismal offseason for the Rangers. They've missed out on Grienke, missed out on trading for Shields, Upton is off the table, lost Hamilton to their division rival, lost Napoli/Young production from the lineup and have added absolutely zilch to their talent base that missed the playoffs last year.

Bring on ridiculously overpaying for Nick Swisher in a desperation move.


Last edited by Elrhino on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 pm 
Offline
Hall of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:33 pm
Posts: 33179
Location: Chicago
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Hamilton deal gives every appearance of an impulse buy by #Angels' Moreno. Source says team didn't even discuss Hamilton at winter meetings.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:52 pm 
Offline
Formerly West Side Rooter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 23843
Location: Baseball Hell
I'll assume that somewhere in this record breaking contract is a STAY THE [expletive] AWAY FROM LOS ANGELES. BETTER YET, BUY A HOME IN A QUIET, SUBURBAN NEIGHBORHOOD, AND DO NOT LEAVE IT FOR ANY NON TEAM SANCTIONED PURPOSES clause.

_________________
Chicago Club has gone back on us. Please Send Expenses. Am Broke


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:35 pm 
Offline
Hall of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:47 am
Posts: 49388
Location: Analyst/Therapist
i like how people bring up hamilton's substance abuse past, like he couldn't find a place to party in every city in major league baseball.

_________________
Ken Tremendous wrote:
3. If there were actually a person named Savino Stallone, from Stormville, N.Y., his kids would not be named Jennifer and Joseph. They would be named I-Roc and Pasta Fagiole.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:14 pm 
Offline
Hall of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:21 pm
Posts: 31274
Location: Sacramento
So Peter Bourjos has to be available, right? I wouldn't mind getting him for the right price. He plays great defense in center, he was a decent hitter at every stop in the minors and posted a .271/.327/.438 line in the majors in 2011 (he didn't play consistently last year, starting more than half the games in a month only in April, and that was only 15 starts). He's also only a year older than Jackson.

_________________
In Theo we trust.

ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:19 pm 
Offline
All-Star

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:14 am
Posts: 1397
TruffleShuffle wrote:
i like how people bring up hamilton's substance abuse past, like he couldn't find a place to party in every city in major league baseball.


Yeah, Dallas aint exactly hurting for nouveau riche cokehead douchers and bleached blondes with boobjobs either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:49 pm 
Offline
5-Time All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:16 pm
Posts: 7702
Elrhino wrote:
TruffleShuffle wrote:
i like how people bring up hamilton's substance abuse past, like he couldn't find a place to party in every city in major league baseball.


Yeah, Dallas aint exactly hurting for nouveau riche cokehead douchers and bleached blondes with boobjobs either.


Seriously.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:32 am 
Offline
All-Star

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:10 am
Posts: 3351
Elrhino wrote:
Pretty dismal offseason for the Rangers. They've missed out on Grienke, missed out on trading for Shields, Upton is off the table, lost Hamilton to their division rival, lost Napoli/Young production from the lineup and have added absolutely zilch to their talent base that missed the playoffs last year.

Bring on ridiculously overpaying for Nick Swisher in a desperation move.


On paper, it's pretty bad that they basically missed out on A, B, C, and D for their plans this winter (by most accounts), but I wonder if this might end up being a blessing in disguise for them. Considering what KC gave up, they probably would've had to fork over Profar or Olt to get Shields. Now, they can rebuild (and the team should still be pretty good as is) by giving time to Profar/Olt if they want to, let their young arms get a chance to fill the final rotation spot or two, knowing that they have a potentially excellent pen to back it up (and a pen that could get better midseason when Feliz returns). They can use other minor league assets around midseason to make a trade (perhaps for a Matt Garza). On paper, this is a team that can still compete in the AL West next year. The Mariners are stuck in development, and the A's don't look, on paper, to be a juggernaut. The Angels have an excellent offense, but the pitching is a bit spotty.

All that said, wouldn't surprise me to wake up one day in the next two weeks and hear that the Rangers have made a big deal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:28 am 
Offline
Superstar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:56 pm
Posts: 19287
Location: Chicagoland, IL
TruffleShuffle wrote:
i like how people bring up hamilton's substance abuse past, like he couldn't find a place to party in every city in major league baseball.


He can probably stay at Passages during the length of his contract.

_________________
Jay Cutler - "A Cat" - Jay Cutler is a cat.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Josh Hamilton to Angels
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:02 am 
Offline
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:44 pm
Posts: 14296
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
Warpticon wrote:
Elrhino wrote:
TruffleShuffle wrote:
i like how people bring up hamilton's substance abuse past, like he couldn't find a place to party in every city in major league baseball.


Yeah, Dallas aint exactly hurting for nouveau riche cokehead douchers and bleached blondes with boobjobs either.


Seriously.


Addison where he got caught drinking is absolutly loaded with bleached blondes and cougars just looking to get laid every night. I'm not hating on the boobjobs, some girls need them.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
google adsense
Post details
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sweetpeteman and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group