Do the Bears have an elite running game?

Do the Bears have an "elite" running game

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 26

toonsterwu
All-Star

Re: Do the Bears have an elite running game?

Postby toonsterwu » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:06 am

So I would argue that the Bears have an top back, a great tandem with Tarik Cohen. Heck, as a UVA fan, I always thought that with a better OL and QB, Smoke Mizzell might've been able to live up to his 5-star billing (although he didn't help himself). I haven't checked stats for the OL in ages, but I'd imagine that the Bears grade fairly well in that regards.

Does that constitute an elite run game? I guess it comes down to how you view that term. I tend to think of an elite run game as one that can chew down the clock, with dynamic versatility and the ability to drive ahead, and make things easier for your QB. I tend to think of an elite run game as one that goes hand-in-hand with your QB play, so it's really tough to judge. Actually, we'll get a pretty good gauge tomorrow on how top notch this Bears run game is, as the game plan is likely to be slimmed down dramatically to help Trubisky out.

Forced to make an answer, I'd say yes, that the Bears have an elite run game. After all, while the Steelers have struggled more than most thought, the Bears stole a win there.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:You'd think our own homegrown version of the classic "IS FLACCO A ELITE" bit would be hilarious and entertaining instead of boring and sad.

I'm not even following football now, but I came here to make sure that someone made the "Is Flacco Elite?" joke.
1 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:56 pm

I was eating lunch with my daughter in a place where they had the TV on to Ravens pre game and they were having that argument except it was a choice between no and horsefeathers no.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:43 pm

I voted yes. Not necessarily because I believe it, but I wanted to see the results. If Howard, Cohen, and the line stay healthy, I DO think the running game will be extremely solid, behind Trubisky. Much better than with Glennon. Elite? Who knows? I'm not even sure how to define " elite".
0 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:50 am

John Fox says no, they don not have elite running attack
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:10 am

I wasn't going to say anything, but since UMFan apparently wants me to:

1st Quarter: 9 rushes for 19 yards.
0 x
Spoiler: show

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:24 am

Tim wrote:I wasn't going to say anything, but since UMFan apparently wants me to:

1st Quarter: 9 rushes for 19 yards.

I blame Glennon
1 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:05 am

Since I'm being trolled in the game thread again, I'm going to respond here.

The rush numbers have improved. But this is hardly "elite": 27 runs, 108 yards. Exactly 4.0 ypc
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:13 am

Tim wrote:Since I'm being trolled in the game thread again, I'm going to respond here.

The rush numbers have improved. But this is hardly "elite": 27 runs, 108 yards. Exactly 4.0 ypc

More yards than anyone else has rushed for against Minny, who is a top 4 team against the rush, and giving up 3.3 yards per carry, ewhich was lower before the game.
Last edited by Stannis on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:20 am

Stannis wrote:
Tim wrote:Since I'm being trolled in the game thread again, I'm going to respond here.

More yards than anyone else has rushed for against Minny, who is a top 4 team against the rush, and giving up 3.3 yards, which was lower before the game.

Awesome. Do you have your excuse picked for next week yet?
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:28 am

Tim wrote:
Stannis wrote:

More yards than anyone else has rushed for against Minny, who is a top 4 team against the rush, and giving up 3.3 yards, which was lower before the game.

Awesome. Do you have your excuse picked for next week yet?

If you aren't going to factor in the Bears' opponent, then i guess who is really being trolled, here?
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:30 am

Bears just posted the best rushing performance the vikes have given up this year, if you want to really break it down.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:34 am

Plus, a lot of that came off tbe board with a bs holding call.
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:38 am

You go ahead and make all the excuses you want for each game. After five games, the Bears are now 10th in ypc and 12th in ypg.

Elite is apparently top 33%.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:40 am

Tim wrote:You go ahead and make all the excuses you want for each game. After five games, the Bears are now 10th in ypc and 12th in ypg.

Yeah, you got nothing. Lol
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:42 am

Stannis wrote:
Tim wrote:You go ahead and make all the excuses you want for each game. After five games, the Bears are now 10th in ypc and 12th in ypg.

You argue like Trump.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:49 am

Tim wrote:
Stannis wrote:

You argue like Trump.

Werent we just talking about the best rushing performance of the season against the vikings?
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:51 am

I present the most fundamental facts to evaluate a rushing attack and you declare that I've got nothing and laugh?

I have a strong feeling that if they were #1 in rushing and I tried presenting excuses why that doesn't matter you would (properly) call that stupid.
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:58 am

Stannis wrote:
Tim wrote:
Stannis wrote:

You argue like Trump.

Werent we just talking about the best rushing performance of the season against the vikings?

Dude - all season long I've been arguing for the total results to date. Through five games I'm presenting stats for the entire season. Initially, you said that I was only looking at one game even though I always used season to date stats. But you want to discuss individual games now? Okay.

How did that performance against Tampa rank? You know, the one where they rushed 16 times for 20 yards. I'll wait while you look up Tampa's other opponents.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Tim wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Tim wrote:You argue like Trump.

Dude - all season long I've been arguing for the total results to date. Through five games I'm presenting stats for the entire season. Initially, you said that I was only looking at one game even though I always used season to date stats. But you want to discuss individual games now? Okay.

How did that performance against Tampa rank? You know, the one where they rushed 16 times for 20 yards. I'll wait while you look up Tampa's other opponents.

You were the first one to bring up individual games, you mook. when someone busts you for it, you throw up your hands. lol

if you're going to argue total results, you can't do it, yet. You want to look at small sample sizes, so I'm looking at small sample sizes.

In 3 of their 5 games, they've rushed for the most single game yards and ypc than any of those teams have allowed to the other teams on their schedule. the other two games were blowouts and over in the first quarter.

I'm confident that the Bears will be a top 5 rushing offense at the end of the season.
Last edited by Stannis on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:17 pm

Stannis wrote:
Tim wrote:
Stannis wrote:

if you're going to argue total results, you can't do it, yet. You want to look at small sample sizes, so I'm looking at small sample sizes.

In 3 of their 5 games, they've rushed for the most single game yards and ypc than any of those teams have allowed to the other teams on their schedule. the other two games were blowouts and over in the first quarter.

I'm confident that the Bears will be a top 5 rushing offense at the end of the season and 3-13.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:19 pm

maybe
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:24 pm

I think they should get 150 yards on the ground against the Ravens.
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Stannis wrote:
Tim wrote:
Stannis wrote:

You were the first one to bring up individual games, you mook. when someone busts you for it, you throw up your hands. lol

I'm confident that the Bears will be a top 5 rushing offense at the end of the season.

I'll still bet you that $20. How confident are you?
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:39 pm

Tim wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Tim wrote:Dude - all season long I've been arguing for the total results to date. Through five games I'm presenting stats for the entire season. Initially, you said that I was only looking at one game even though I always used season to date stats. But you want to discuss individual games now? Okay.

I'll still bet you that $20. How confident are you?

Sure
0 x

Return to “Polls”