2022 Draft Thread

Discussion about the June amateur draft, college baseball, high school baseball, etc.
TomtheBombadil
Superstar

Re: 2022 Draft Thread

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:46 am

Ooooh yeeeah, Termarr Johnson is the horsefeathers in this draft. It's him and then the field for the 7th pick as far as I see it now, dominant player. Johnson's approach is .300/.400 good: the stickiest of the icky, the bee's knees, the cream of the crop, etc. He's got the #1 SS tag too and that's not going way. That tag's less about him being a ML SS, most generally it's about being a potential two way player, the caliber of amateur, and overall resume. The hope here would be teams in front throw alot of weight on the 5'10" frame, 2B projection, and in the case of Jace Jung the combo of being a more proven NCAA bat more likely to sign a below slot deal. I'll go as far as saying he's the best HS hitter I've ever seen(!!). Part because I think the prospect meta is accelerated and accelerating and more because he really might be that good, he could be a MLer at 20/21

Please note...I wrote this entire post before I saw the tweet with this link...+.00000000069 credibilities awarded to me:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-draft-pros ... ne-podcast

Georgia high school slugger Termarr Johnson is one of the best prep hitters to enter the MLB Draft in the last generation. No, really. One scout compared him to both Wade Boggs and Vladimir Guerrero, Sr. in his evaluation of the young middle infielder. The ceiling for Johnson is quite high, to say the least.
0 x
Spoiler: show

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

Return to “Amateur Baseball”