CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 5-4-18

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Fri May 04, 2018 4:12 am

Box Scores:

Iowa lost 4-3 Box Score

2B D. Bote 2/4, RBI, BB
RF M. Zagunis 0/5
C T. Davis 1/4, K; defense: E (1, throw)
1B E. Navarro 1/2, 2 BB
DH C. Gimenez 1/4, 2 K
SP A. Mills 7 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 7 K, 6-6 GO-FO, 89-61 pitches-strikes
RP R. Rosario 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 1 WP, 1-0 GO-FO
RP C. Mazzoni 0.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 1 WP, 0-0 GO-FO

Tennessee lost 5-4 Box Score

LF Je. Báez 0/3, R, 2 K, HBP
SS Z. Short 1/3, R, BB, 2 K
3B J. Vosler 0/4, 2 K
RF E. Martinez 1/4, R, 2 K
CF C. Burks 1/3, 2B (4), BB
SP T. Hatch 4.1 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 3 K, 1 WP, 4-2 GO-FO, 92-54 pitches-strikes, E (1, throw)

Myrtle Beach lost 7-3 Box Score

DH A. Monasterio 1/4, R, BB, 2 K
C J. Pereda 1/5, RBI, K; defense: 2/2 CS
3B W. Galindo 2/4, 2 (5), RBI
LF K. Mitchell 0/3, 2 K, HBP
1B A. Upshaw 1/3, R, BB
SS A. Ademan 1/4, RBI, E (7, throw)
SP A. Lange 5+ IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, 1 HBP, 4-3 GO-FO, 75-45 pitches-strikes
RP J. Romero 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 0-0 GO-FO

South Bend lost 12-3 Box Score

2B J. Bethencourt 0/4
1B J. Young 0/3, K
3B A. Filiere 0/3, 2 K
C M. Amaya 1/4, R
SS R. Narea 0/2, R, BB, HBP
LF B. Hughes 0/3, BB, K
SP J. Assad 2.2 IP, 6 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 1 K, 4-1 GO-FO, 62-34 pitches-strikes; defense: E (1, fielding)
RP M. Rodriguez 0.2 IP, 3 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HBP, 1 WP, 1-0 GO-FO
0 x

Duke Silver
Superstar

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 5-4-18

Postby Duke Silver » Fri May 04, 2018 2:48 pm

I'll be at the South Bend game tonight. Hopefully Assad can replicate the performance I saw from Alzolay earlier in the week.
2 x

Jaxbro
Starter

Postby Jaxbro » Fri May 04, 2018 11:22 pm

Eloy takes Hatch deep for a 2 run shot in the first
0 x

Duke Silver
Superstar

Postby Duke Silver » Sat May 05, 2018 12:05 am

Assad is 89-91 with his fastball. Struggling with his control.

And... he just gave up a bases-clearing double.
0 x

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Sat May 05, 2018 12:43 am

Lange fell apart in the 6th after 5 scoreless.
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sat May 05, 2018 1:28 am

Duke Silver wrote:I'll be at the South Bend game tonight. Hopefully Assad can replicate the performance I saw from Alzolay earlier in the week.

Man, I need to get out there sometime. Let me know the next time you decide to go Duke!

How does Miguel Amaya look? He's playing today right? They say he's pretty advanced defensively and I wonder how advanced his catching skills are. Like how does his pitcher framing/receiving look like from where you're sitting. It's kinda hard to tell during a game or from a bad angle. Is he good at blocking balls that bounce in the dirt/limiting wild pitches? Does he have a cannon for an arm like Contreras?

I think Miguel Amaya will be our #1 ranked prospect by the end of the year so I'm really curious about how he looks in person.
1 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

Duke Silver
Superstar

Postby Duke Silver » Sat May 05, 2018 4:49 am

Regular Show wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:I'll be at the South Bend game tonight. Hopefully Assad can replicate the performance I saw from Alzolay earlier in the week.

Man, I need to get out there sometime. Let me know the next time you decide to go Duke!

How does Miguel Amaya look? He's playing today right? They say he's pretty advanced defensively and I wonder how advanced his catching skills are. Like how does his pitcher framing/receiving look like from where you're sitting. It's kinda hard to tell during a game or from a bad angle. Is he good at blocking balls that bounce in the dirt/limiting wild pitches? Does he have a cannon for an arm like Contreras?

I think Miguel Amaya will be our #1 ranked prospect by the end of the year so I'm really curious about how he looks in person.

Amaya didn't really have many opportunities to show me anything. They didn't try to run on him, seeing as how it was a 10-run game most of the game. He had a single but that was it at the plate. He took some good hacks and was pretty patient. He fought off some pitches. He didn't really drive the ball or anything. He hit one ball hard but it was a routine ground out.

I didn't get a good read on his framing because I was right behind the plate. But he looked pretty athletic back there. I thought he did a nice job of receiving. He got low in his crouch and gave a good window for the ump. He looked smooth -- wasn't really stabbing at the ball from what I could see. But I couldn't tell much, other than that he looked pretty natural.
1 x

Duke Silver
Superstar

Postby Duke Silver » Sat May 05, 2018 4:51 am

South Bend is really bad, though. Almost completely devoid of talent, other than Amaya.
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sat May 05, 2018 8:22 am

Duke Silver wrote:
Regular Show wrote:

Amaya didn't really have many opportunities to show me anything. They didn't try to run on him, seeing as how it was a 10-run game most of the game. He had a single but that was it at the plate. He took some good hacks and was pretty patient. He fought off some pitches. He didn't really drive the ball or anything. He hit one ball hard but it was a routine ground out.

I didn't get a good read on his framing because I was right behind the plate. But he looked pretty athletic back there. I thought he did a nice job of receiving. He got low in his crouch and gave a good window for the ump. He looked smooth -- wasn't really stabbing at the ball from what I could see. But I couldn't tell much, other than that he looked pretty natural.

Thanks!

Yeah, it kind of sucks when you go to a game to watch a highly-rated prospect(s) and they don't really do much or pitch poorly. I'm happy his receiving and actions looked good behind the plate. Were there any scouts or execs there? I know Jed and even Theo would occasionally go to games when they had that awesome group of Baez, Bryant, Soler and Almora. I doubt they go to very many games now.
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

Bear Cub
Starter

Postby Bear Cub » Sat May 05, 2018 10:04 am

Man, all our of our minor league teams are awful so far.
0 x
Bring Sammy back into the Cubs family!

Duke Silver
Superstar

Postby Duke Silver » Sat May 05, 2018 3:22 pm

Regular Show wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:
Regular Show wrote:

Thanks!

Yeah, it kind of sucks when you go to a game to watch a highly-rated prospect(s) and they don't really do much or pitch poorly. I'm happy his receiving and actions looked good behind the plate. Were there any scouts or execs there? I know Jed and even Theo would occasionally go to games when they had that awesome group of Baez, Bryant, Soler and Almora. I doubt they go to very many games now.

There were quite a few scouts there last night. As for the Cubs' contingent, there were three really young guys and Brendon Little was sitting with a notebook next to the guy with the radar gun.
0 x

Return to “Minor Leagues”