The version of the board software has been updated. If you want to use a different theme (currently only subsilver is available), please do the following:

1) click your name in the upper right
2) click user control panel
3) go to the board preferences tab
4) Change from prosilver to subsilver
5) click submit.

Castro accused of sexual assault, no charges filed

A New Era
5-Time All-Star

Castro accused of sexual assault, no charges filed

Postby A New Era » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:09 am

A New Era
5-Time All-Star

Re: Castro accused of sexual assault per WSCR.

Postby A New Era » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:14 am

so him and this girl, bout the same age, were drinking heavily. She drunk so much that she passed out, so obviously while you are that drunk, going to a guys apartment is always a good idea.

People are so stupid. And I'm aiming this at both of them.

Mark Prior's Calves
5-Time All-Star

Postby Mark Prior's Calves » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:20 am

This is bad.

apete6
All-Star

Postby apete6 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:27 am

LOL. The hits just keep on coming for the Cubs. Just another kick in the balls to Cubs fans. I wonder if Theo has a projection system that estimates how a former star shortstop would do at age 28 coming out of a 5 year prison sentence?

Ballgame64
Starter

Postby Ballgame64 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:34 am

Nice story to wake up to. If this happened, I hope the young lady is ok from a physical and emotional standpoint. As for Starlin, if guilty, whatever punishment he is given is justified.

Theo
All-Star

Postby Theo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:49 am

He said, she said. Doubt he ever gets charged.

CubmanPi
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubmanPi » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:49 am

If we use other professional athletes as a precedence for what will happen to Starlin, he'll become the most hated athlete in sports (other than Jay Cutler), but he'll be able to cut a deal to avoid doing any time, and he'll go on to win a championship or two. Not ideal, but I'll take it.

Cubs Fan Dan
Starter

Postby Cubs Fan Dan » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:53 am

Dammit Starlin....

Honestly though, these cases are so he said she said and taking the word of someone who gets so drunk they pass out at a man's apartment the first time they meet is pretty hard to do. Not to sound insensitive but anyone who was around the late night college parties and bar routines for years knows that Castro could possibly be the victim of a crazy person..... But he should definitely not being putting himself in these situations.

If there is known physical evidence and he did do this than i do believe he should be punished accordingly.

BeerHere
All-Star

Postby BeerHere » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:54 am

ugh...Castro

C.C.
Hall of Fame

Postby C.C. » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:56 am

It's going to amount to nothing.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:04 am

This is all Sorianos fault.
Dare to dream....

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:08 am

Seriously though, now whenever we bring up the name of our best player among Cardinals or White Sox fans, this is all we are going to hear about, Starlin the rapist. This sucks.
Dare to dream....

Slide Castro Slide
Formerly West Side Rooter

Postby Slide Castro Slide » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:10 am

This just in: a bus carrying the Chicago Cubs top 20 prospects just drove off a cliff.

tfarks
All-Star

Postby tfarks » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:19 am

Castro, rapist or not, will walk from this.

And yes, there will be millions of bad rape jokes throughout Castro's career. Get used to it. Hope you thought of some new Cardinal DUI jokes.
A student of philosophy, eager to display his powers of argument, approached Diogenes, introduced himself and said, "If it pleases you, sir, let me prove to you that there is no such thing as motion." Whereupon Diogenes immediately got up and left.

Slide Castro Slide

Postby Slide Castro Slide » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:24 am

Seriously though, this is the 3rd time this year(past few months anyway) I've innocently checked Twitter expecting to hear some minor transactions and I'm hit by some huge out of nowhere

1) Braun fails PED test
2) Zambrano traded
3) Castro assault charge.

Kind of like waking up and the morning goes just like any other morning and you walk outside to find that a tree fell on your car. At least my cars insured. The only Castro insurance is Darwin Barney and Jeff Bianchi. Damn cut rate 15 minute insurance.

This being said, I don't buy it. Star athletes are such easy targets for these types of things because everyone knows that even if they don't have a ton of money themselves, their team is likely to pay the accuser to go away and a lot of them don't have the kind of background as you average young rich 20 somethings.

tfarks
All-Star

Postby tfarks » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:31 am

West Side Rooter wrote:This being said, I don't buy it. Star athletes are such easy targets for these types of things because everyone knows that even if they don't have a ton of money themselves, their team is likely to pay the accuser to go away and a lot of them don't have the kind of background as you average young rich 20 somethings.

Yeah, that's certainly true. But also, when they actually do rape a chick their defense is ready to go. The chick must just want money (Big Ben). Unless they're underage (LT). That wasn't rape though. He paid fair and square.
A student of philosophy, eager to display his powers of argument, approached Diogenes, introduced himself and said, "If it pleases you, sir, let me prove to you that there is no such thing as motion." Whereupon Diogenes immediately got up and left.

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:33 am

Athletes aren't usually good people, part 42115.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:34 am

Yeah this is just like a tree falling on my car.
Dare to dream....

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:38 am

It's tempting to just brush this away as "we'll never know the truth."

And there's a good chance we never will. But this still sucks. Sometimes women target athletes with accusations as a money grab. But athletes also know that some women don't have a lot of credibility with these accusations and take advantage of that.

Either Castro is a rapist or he's being falsely accused.

Eww.

New York Cubs Fan
All-Star

Postby New York Cubs Fan » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:38 am

This seems like some 20 something chick just trying to make a buck. She probably did it willingly and then realized that she had an opportunity to cash in on it.

This happens (Kobe, Ben, etc) and the athletes usually recover from whatever it did to their reputation once people realize it was a bunch of B.S. I wouldn't be too concerned unless more negative information comes out.

bukie
Superstar

Postby bukie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:41 am

I'd say we've only heard one side of this and innocent until proven guilty, but in the court of public opinion none of that crap matters, only the ability to leap to conclusions as fast as possible so you can say you came to it faster than someone else.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

Tyrant
All-Star

Postby Tyrant » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:43 am

MaynardJamesKeenan wrote:This seems like some 20 something chick just trying to make a buck.

Totally. Women be lyin'.

WilcoFan
Starter

Postby WilcoFan » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:45 am

MaynardJamesKeenan wrote:This happens (Kobe, Ben, etc) and the athletes usually recover from whatever it did to their reputation once people realize they're rich and have enough money to buy their way out of their abhorrent behavior

Fixed.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:46 am

MaynardJamesKeenan wrote:This seems like some 20 something chick just trying to make a buck. She probably did it willingly and then realized that she had an opportunity to cash in on it.

This happens (Kobe, Ben, etc) and the athletes usually recover from whatever it did to their reputation once people realize it was a bunch of B.S. I wouldn't be too concerned unless more negative information comes out.

Yeah no one ever talks about Rapelisberger or Kobes exploits in Colorado anymore.
Dare to dream....

Slide Castro Slide

Postby Slide Castro Slide » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:47 am

tfarks wrote:
West Side Rooter wrote:This being said, I don't buy it. Star athletes are such easy targets for these types of things because everyone knows that even if they don't have a ton of money themselves, their team is likely to pay the accuser to go away and a lot of them don't have the kind of background as you average young rich 20 somethings.

Yeah, that's certainly true. But also, when they actually do rape a chick their defense is ready to go. The chick must just want money (Big Ben). Unless they're underage (LT). That wasn't rape though. He paid fair and square.

Then there was Mark Chmura who was accused of sexually assaulting his 17 year old babysitter. He was found not guilty, but admitted to inappropriate behavior at a prom party. I think he was in his 30's at the time.

I'm not saying that they're all innocent little boyscouts, but it's a bit too easy for some hose bag groupie to go home with one of these guys with full intentions of letting them have their way and then crying rape afterword. At least Castros accuser is said to be in her 20's.

Return to “Cubs Discussions”