NFL offseason

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9516
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 5105
x 594

NFL offseason

Postby Old Style » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Kyler Murray gives a big F U to the Oakland A’s and will focus on football.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/25973188/kyler-murray-says-fully-committed-being-nfl-quarterback
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60615
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2935
x 10175

Re: NFL offseason

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:02 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9516
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 5105
x 594

Re: NFL offseason

Postby Old Style » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:25 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1095034116024778753

Good thing all he did was abuse a woman and not something unforgivable like kneel for the anthem in protest of racial injustice.
3 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 70367
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1243
x 2562

Re: NFL offseason

Postby Derwood » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:12 am

Old Style wrote:Kyler Murray gives a big F U to the Oakland A’s and will focus on football.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/25973188/kyler-murray-says-fully-committed-being-nfl-quarterback


Someone explain to me why everyone is drooling over this guy. I get that he won the Heisman, but so have a million other great college QB's that had zero success in the NFL. Why do draft experts think that 5'10" Murray is going to take the league by storm?
0 x

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9516
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 5105
x 594

Re: NFL offseason

Postby Old Style » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:41 am

Derwood wrote:
Old Style wrote:Kyler Murray gives a big F U to the Oakland A’s and will focus on football.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/25973188/kyler-murray-says-fully-committed-being-nfl-quarterback


Someone explain to me why everyone is drooling over this guy. I get that he won the Heisman, but so have a million other great college QB's that had zero success in the NFL. Why do draft experts think that 5'10" Murray is going to take the league by storm?

He is ridiculously talented. Very intelligent QB, super fast, great arm strength. The problem is that he is too small for the NFL. I highly doubt he gets measured at the combine but I don’t think he’s even 5’10” and possibly under 190 pounds. He is going to get killed on an NFL field.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 70367
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1243
x 2562

Re: NFL offseason

Postby Derwood » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:52 am

Old Style wrote:
Derwood wrote:
Old Style wrote:Kyler Murray gives a big F U to the Oakland A’s and will focus on football.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/25973188/kyler-murray-says-fully-committed-being-nfl-quarterback


Someone explain to me why everyone is drooling over this guy. I get that he won the Heisman, but so have a million other great college QB's that had zero success in the NFL. Why do draft experts think that 5'10" Murray is going to take the league by storm?

He is ridiculously talented. Very intelligent QB, super fast, great arm strength. The problem is that he is too small for the NFL. I highly doubt he gets measured at the combine but I don’t think he’s even 5’10” and possibly under 190 pounds. He is going to get killed on an NFL field.


Its just funny that the people who said Baker Mayfield at 6'0" was too short are all over Murray's jock
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7022
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 609
x 631

Re: NFL offseason

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:08 am

Derwood wrote:Someone explain to me why everyone is drooling over this guy. I get that he won the Heisman, but so have a million other great college QB's that had zero success in the NFL. Why do draft experts think that 5'10" Murray is going to take the league by storm?


Completion% is much more predictive than height is my guess. Throw in that scouts like him, games started is less important, and beyond height his measurables should work (I think he's closer to 205 than the listed 195)

All I ask is that the Giants or whoever else sends the Jets a haul+ to get him

------

There was a small window where the Browns were really cool, I loved them taking Denzel Ward at 4 last year after Mayfield, but now I hope they just stay the Browns forever.
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!
Posts: 33007
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2629
x 6640
Contact:

Re: NFL offseason

Postby big ball chunky time » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:18 am

Derwood wrote:
Old Style wrote:
Derwood wrote:
Someone explain to me why everyone is drooling over this guy. I get that he won the Heisman, but so have a million other great college QB's that had zero success in the NFL. Why do draft experts think that 5'10" Murray is going to take the league by storm?

He is ridiculously talented. Very intelligent QB, super fast, great arm strength. The problem is that he is too small for the NFL. I highly doubt he gets measured at the combine but I don’t think he’s even 5’10” and possibly under 190 pounds. He is going to get killed on an NFL field.


Its just funny that the people who said Baker Mayfield at 6'0" was too short are all over Murray's jock


Wait for it, it will dawn on him
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 70367
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1243
x 2562

Re: NFL offseason

Postby Derwood » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:24 am

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
Derwood wrote:
Old Style wrote:He is ridiculously talented. Very intelligent QB, super fast, great arm strength. The problem is that he is too small for the NFL. I highly doubt he gets measured at the combine but I don’t think he’s even 5’10” and possibly under 190 pounds. He is going to get killed on an NFL field.


Its just funny that the people who said Baker Mayfield at 6'0" was too short are all over Murray's jock


Wait for it, it will dawn on him


Apparently not, which is why I'm asking the question
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!
Posts: 33007
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2629
x 6640
Contact:

Re: NFL offseason

Postby big ball chunky time » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:41 pm

Some people thought mayfield was too short (albeit he still went no. 1,) but he had a really good season.

So now they think well, maybe height isn’t such a huge deal anymore
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 37603
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1270
x 1606

Re: NFL offseason

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:11 pm

maybe it's just the way he's built, but he looks to be a good deal shorter than Mayfield or even guys like Brees or Wilson.

Regardless, he's got crazy arm talent and seems to have a high football IQ, so he's as good a candidate as any to be a successful NFL QB at his size.

I'd have advised him to play baseball because there aren't any 240lb linebackers slamming into you in centerfield, but it's his life and he needs to do what makes him happy. Everyone else can piss off.
0 x

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 37603
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1270
x 1606

Re: NFL offseason

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:36 pm

well that's one way to ask for a trade

0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7022
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 609
x 631

Re: NFL offseason

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:39 pm

He and Le’Veon - two uppity boys, no doubt - are very very welcome on the Jets
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 70367
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1243
x 2562

Re: NFL offseason

Postby Derwood » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:13 am

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Some people thought mayfield was too short (albeit he still went no. 1,) but he had a really good season.

So now they think well, maybe height isn’t such a huge deal anymore


We'll see. I just think it's funny how fast the draft experts change their opinions. They do it in the same draft (remember how 6'3", 225lb Mitch Trubisky was a prototypical QB build while 6'3", 225lb LaMar Jackson was too sleight and should change to WR?)
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!
Posts: 33007
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2629
x 6640
Contact:

Re: NFL offseason

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:55 am

Derwood wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Some people thought mayfield was too short (albeit he still went no. 1,) but he had a really good season.

So now they think well, maybe height isn’t such a huge deal anymore


We'll see. I just think it's funny how fast the draft experts change their opinions. They do it in the same draft (remember how 6'3", 225lb Mitch Trubisky was a prototypical QB build while 6'3", 225lb LaMar Jackson was too sleight and should change to WR?)


what draft expert said lamar jackson should change to wr
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 70367
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1243
x 2562

Re: NFL offseason

Postby Derwood » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:57 am

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
Derwood wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Some people thought mayfield was too short (albeit he still went no. 1,) but he had a really good season.

So now they think well, maybe height isn’t such a huge deal anymore


We'll see. I just think it's funny how fast the draft experts change their opinions. They do it in the same draft (remember how 6'3", 225lb Mitch Trubisky was a prototypical QB build while 6'3", 225lb LaMar Jackson was too sleight and should change to WR?)


what draft expert said lamar jackson should change to wr


Bill Pollian (his stature as a draft expert is up for debate)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-n ... nfl-draft/
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!
Posts: 33007
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2629
x 6640
Contact:

Re: NFL offseason

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:00 am

Derwood wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
Derwood wrote:
We'll see. I just think it's funny how fast the draft experts change their opinions. They do it in the same draft (remember how 6'3", 225lb Mitch Trubisky was a prototypical QB build while 6'3", 225lb LaMar Jackson was too sleight and should change to WR?)


what draft expert said lamar jackson should change to wr


Bill Pollian (his stature as a draft expert is up for debate)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-n ... nfl-draft/


yeah but that whole story is making fun of notoriously out of the loop polian for the "short" and "slight" takes. what he said about jackson's lack of accuracy is true, but teams are willing to hope on physical tools at QB
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17253
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1412
x 733

Re: NFL offseason

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:27 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
Derwood wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Some people thought mayfield was too short (albeit he still went no. 1,) but he had a really good season.

So now they think well, maybe height isn’t such a huge deal anymore


We'll see. I just think it's funny how fast the draft experts change their opinions. They do it in the same draft (remember how 6'3", 225lb Mitch Trubisky was a prototypical QB build while 6'3", 225lb LaMar Jackson was too sleight and should change to WR?)


what draft expert said lamar jackson should change to wr



I seem to remember that was a popular opinion of him for some dumb reason or another too.
0 x
Image

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 12719
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1877
x 914

Re: NFL offseason

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:34 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
Derwood wrote:
We'll see. I just think it's funny how fast the draft experts change their opinions. They do it in the same draft (remember how 6'3", 225lb Mitch Trubisky was a prototypical QB build while 6'3", 225lb LaMar Jackson was too sleight and should change to WR?)


what draft expert said lamar jackson should change to wr



I seem to remember that was a popular opinion of him for some dumb reason or another too.

Weren't there actual NFL teams that asked him to take snaps at WR?
0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60615
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2935
x 10175

Re: NFL offseason

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:42 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
what draft expert said lamar jackson should change to wr



I seem to remember that was a popular opinion of him for some dumb reason or another too.

Weren't there actual NFL teams that asked him to take snaps at WR?

but a WR taking snaps is technically a QB
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 12719
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1877
x 914

Re: NFL offseason

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:50 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:

I seem to remember that was a popular opinion of him for some dumb reason or another too.

Weren't there actual NFL teams that asked him to take snaps at WR?

but a WR taking snaps is technically a QB

Positionless football brah
0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60615
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2935
x 10175

Re: NFL offseason

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:22 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25234
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 7366
x 5257

Re: NFL offseason

Postby Cubswin11 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:58 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1095717916794933248?s=21

Should be able to get get an extra 10 yards on the pass interference deep balls in the thin air
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9516
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 5105
x 594

Re: NFL offseason

Postby Old Style » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:34 am

1 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60615
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2935
x 10175

Re: NFL offseason

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:00 pm

jason witten came out of retirement to play for the cowboys
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests