NFL Week 2

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8986
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 838
x 879

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:45 pm

Dak Prescott making The Leap this year? 2016 is infinity minus-1 foozeball years ago, but he did throw up a top 3 season by DVOA then and everyone's healthy again. Whatever gets Tyron Smith to the HoF quickest really
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73015
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1505
x 3278

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby Derwood » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:57 pm

What kind of Madden create-a-player nonsense is this?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/40 ... er-minshew
0 x

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 38414
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1480
x 2007

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby OleMissCub » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Derwood wrote:What kind of Madden create-a-player nonsense is this?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/40 ... er-minshew


Name sounds like a 16th seed in the NCAA Tournament
1 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5185
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1376
x 1080
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby NOLA » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:17 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
Derwood wrote:What kind of Madden create-a-player nonsense is this?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/40 ... er-minshew


Name sounds like a 16th seed in the NCAA Tournament

Image
1 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5185
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1376
x 1080
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby NOLA » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:01 pm

Drew Bress will require thumb surgery, out up to 6 weeks. If that holds, he misses these games:
@ Seattle
Dallas
Tampa
@ Jacksonville
@ Chicago
Arizona

Bye week, then return game would be hosting Atlanta.

Fudge.
0 x

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 38414
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1480
x 2007

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:13 pm

NOLA wrote:Drew Bress will require thumb surgery, out up to 6 weeks. If that holds, he misses these games:
@ Seattle
Dallas
Tampa
@ Jacksonville
@ Chicago
Arizona

Bye week, then return game would be hosting Atlanta.

Fudge.


If they can get to 8-8 they might still make the playoffs. NFC South is baddddddd.
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5185
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1376
x 1080
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby NOLA » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:27 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
NOLA wrote:Drew Bress will require thumb surgery, out up to 6 weeks. If that holds, he misses these games:
@ Seattle
Dallas
Tampa
@ Jacksonville
@ Chicago
Arizona

Bye week, then return game would be hosting Atlanta.

Fudge.


If they can get to 8-8 they might still make the playoffs. NFC South is baddddddd.

Worst division in football, no doubt. I just want a first round bye and at least one game in the Dome.

This opening stretch was always going to be the toughest part of the schedule, but now it just got that much harder. Teddy is...fine, I guess. Hopefully with a full week to prepare, Sean will have a better package together for mixing in Taysom Hill.
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 19335
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: I CANT BREATHE
x 2802
x 1083

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:56 pm

NOLA wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:
Derwood wrote:What kind of Madden create-a-player nonsense is this?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/40 ... er-minshew


Name sounds like a 16th seed in the NCAA Tournament




he was highly loved at Wazzu, not that anyone outside of the Apple Cub reaches would know
0 x
Image

User avatar
SouthSideRyan
is ELL
Posts: 50211
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:08 am
Location: South Loop
x 829
x 2153

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby SouthSideRyan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:18 pm

NOLA wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:
NOLA wrote:Drew Bress will require thumb surgery, out up to 6 weeks. If that holds, he misses these games:
@ Seattle
Dallas
Tampa
@ Jacksonville
@ Chicago
Arizona

Bye week, then return game would be hosting Atlanta.

Fudge.


If they can get to 8-8 they might still make the playoffs. NFC South is baddddddd.

Worst division in football, no doubt. I just want a first round bye and at least one game in the Dome.


AFC South.
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 4289
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 698

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:28 pm

Big Ben needs TJS or something. Out for the season.
1 x

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 3514
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 1179
x 1520

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby Brian707 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:34 pm

QB's dropping like flies
1 x

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 46000
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 85
x 2883
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby Tim » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:17 pm

Brian707 wrote:QB's dropping like flies

Maybe someone will trade us something good for Mitch
0 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73015
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1505
x 3278

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby Derwood » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:18 am

Looks like Trevor Simien just broke his ankle on a late hit. Jets down to their 3rd string QB less than a game and a half into the season
0 x

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Baking in Southern Arizona
x 583
x 596

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby PackLandVA » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:45 am

The Pats are a great team, with many great players, coaching is top notch and ownership is committed to winning(there fans are annoying). That said, the division they're in has been an absolute dumpster fire for over a decade, save a decent season here or there by one of the other teams. They basically start the season with 5-6 wins. Play .500 against the rest of the schedule, and they're winning the division, most likely getting a bye, and hosting any/all AFC playoff games. No wonder they have the rings.

Put them in any other division over the same period of time and there's mo way they have as many Super Bowl appearances.
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5185
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1376
x 1080
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby NOLA » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:58 am

PackLandVA wrote:The Pats are a great team, with many great players, coaching is top notch and ownership is committed to winning(there fans are annoying). That said, the division they're in has been an absolute dumpster fire for over a decade, save a decent season here or there by one of the other teams. They basically start the season with 5-6 wins. Play .500 against the rest of the schedule, and they're winning the division, most likely getting a bye, and hosting any/all AFC playoff games. No wonder they have the rings.

Put them in any other division over the same period of time and there's mo way they have as many Super Bowl appearances.

Thank you. Agreed. The last decade + for every other team in that division has been among the worst in their respective histories.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62096
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3400
x 11920

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:24 am

NOLA wrote:
PackLandVA wrote:The Pats are a great team, with many great players, coaching is top notch and ownership is committed to winning(there fans are annoying). That said, the division they're in has been an absolute dumpster fire for over a decade, save a decent season here or there by one of the other teams. They basically start the season with 5-6 wins. Play .500 against the rest of the schedule, and they're winning the division, most likely getting a bye, and hosting any/all AFC playoff games. No wonder they have the rings.

Put them in any other division over the same period of time and there's mo way they have as many Super Bowl appearances.

Thank you. Agreed. The last decade + for every other team in that division has been among the worst in their respective histories.

All this is true, and yet, the past decade has arguably been the best in Jets history.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Baking in Southern Arizona
x 583
x 596

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby PackLandVA » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:42 am

Head scratcher, but apparently the Steelers just traded their 2020 1st Rounder to the Dolphins for Minkah Fitzpatrick.
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8986
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 838
x 879

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:25 am

PackLandVA wrote:Head scratcher, but apparently the Steelers just traded their 2020 1st Rounder to the Dolphins for Minkah Fitzpatrick.


Not really, Fitzpatrick is a really good player who does some high value things on defense on a rookie deal
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Baking in Southern Arizona
x 583
x 596

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby PackLandVA » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:29 am

TomtheBombadil wrote:
PackLandVA wrote:Head scratcher, but apparently the Steelers just traded their 2020 1st Rounder to the Dolphins for Minkah Fitzpatrick.


Not really, Fitzpatrick is a really good player who does some high value things on defense on a rookie deal


I just mean that they're probably gonna have a rough season without Ben. They weren't world beaters with him. They'll probably be in the top half of the draft, possibly top 10. MK is very good, and still on a rookie deal for a couple more years. So he IS a top 10 talent. I just think it's strange that the Stillers would make that trade this year.

On a side note, apparently Jalen Ramsey wants out of J'ville. He's only signed through 2020. I doubt he's dealt, but if so, I'd imagine the new team would make it contingent on an extension.
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8986
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 838
x 879

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:49 am

Hot takes from MNF:

- Myles Garrett isn't much bigger than me, maybe half a foot and 75+ pounds, but otherwise is a perfect foozeball player and pass rusher. FA in two years! Edit: 100+ pounds! Jeebus

- Denzel Ward is also the good stuff at CB, neither of those two disappointed

- I like the Jets' D alot, OBJ more

- Mayfield's a clown
Last edited by TomtheBombadil on Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6462
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 6520
x 2815

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:10 am

TomtheBombadil wrote:- Mayfield's a clown

Image
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73015
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1505
x 3278

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby Derwood » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:50 am

Mayfield also not very good. Pretty pedestrian passing night that wouldn’t have won a game against an actual NFL football team.
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 14713
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 2917
x 1735

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Well, Tom as least didn't fail to deliver when he said Hot Takes.
0 x
Image

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8986
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 838
x 879

Re: NFL Week 2

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:50 pm

0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The_Achiever and 1 guest