1 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Re: The Politics Thread

Postby CubinNY » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:15 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Banedon wrote:https://twitter.com/TalKopan/status/1329465130099351556

this (and say, the Oregon Bundy horsefeathers) is why all the election theatrics is so horsefeathering dangerous. The more the trump admin acts like they were cheated, the more courts throw out his challenges, the more horsefeathers like this will claim the "system is rigged" against them and the bolder and more violent they will become

minnesotacubsfan wrote:we don't need to impeach trump, we need to hang him and his [expletive] followers for treason

You're a pale imitation of an horsefeathers, be proud.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:18 pm

0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:20 pm

Brian wrote:

Damn you, Rudy. Mrs. Riley, and ONLY Mrs. Riley thought Vinny was holding up 4 fingers.

But at least I know Rudy and I have something in common. That movie is all sorts of amazing.
1 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:48 pm

0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:51 pm

1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Banedon wrote:

Hopefully this was his reaction when he say Rudy's ghoul juices dripping down his face:

4 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:55 pm

Banedon wrote:https://twitter.com/owillis/status/1329492698680619008

There is not, nor will there ever be a more apt metaphor for what is happening right now in this country.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:41 pm

0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:44 pm

CubinNY wrote:
Banedon wrote:https://twitter.com/owillis/status/1329492698680619008

There is not, nor will there ever be a more apt metaphor for what is happening right now in this country.

I feel like we say this on every page of this thread
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:53 pm

0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:58 pm

CubinNY wrote:

Serious question: "all these tactics" amounts to a bunch of horsefeathers ass lawsuits and legal motions with little to no basis in reality being laughed out of court or withdrawn...so what exactly are they talking about? Someone coming along who is able to successfully take this into the courts due to actual voter fraud? Someone who is able to successfully fabricate the evidence of voter fraud and take this court?

Like, his take is practically, "boy, it would suck if someone came along who was able to legitimately able to take this to court as opposed to Trump & Co.'s completely made up horsefeathers show."
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:00 pm

CubinNY wrote:https://twitter.com/derek_del/status/1034879969074315265

Well, horsefeathers, if a MAGICIAN says it, now it's for real.
0 x

Irrelevant Dude
5-Time All-Star

Re: RE: Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Irrelevant Dude » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:07 pm

CubinNY wrote:https://twitter.com/Deggans/status/1329499413274906631
I feel like even that is an optimistic view. The crazy tactics, as unsuccessful as they have been on the surface, are having an impact now. It has dragged on long enough that a significant portion of the population will never accept Joe Biden as a legitimate president, and it is clear that the Republicans in power will continue to cater to those people. They can't lose those voters, because what else do they have left?

There will be no "let's put that behind us" moment where both sides come together and try to move forward. And if Trump's team finds an opening where they can actually get away with stealing the election, you can bet all of his fellow Republicans will be on board with doing just that.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:25 pm

Irrelevant Dude wrote:
I feel like even that is an optimistic view. The crazy tactics, as unsuccessful as they have been on the surface, are having an impact now. It has dragged on long enough that a significant portion of the population will never accept Joe Biden as a legitimate president, and it is clear that the Republicans in power will continue to cater to those people. They can't lose those voters, because what else do they have left?

There will be no "let's put that behind us" moment where both sides come together and try to move forward. And if Trump's team finds an opening where they can actually get away with stealing the election, you can bet all of his fellow Republicans will be on board with doing just that.

Another serious question for the room: do any of you really think most Republicans looked at Obama as a legitimate president? How negligible of a difference are we really talking about between how they regarded/treated/talked about the last Democratic president and the next one?
Last edited by Sammy Sofa on Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:29 pm

Canada is sneakily invading....

5 x

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:33 pm

Irrelevant Dude wrote:

I think those questioning legitimacy of the Biden administration will be quieted by the amount of success it has getting us back on our feet. If Biden does begin to turn it around, people will start to forget about Trump' nonsense. Not all people, he'll find some medium to whine about himself but, a good portion of the questions, accusations and general [expletive] will fade away.
0 x

Irrelevant Dude
5-Time All-Star

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Irrelevant Dude » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:37 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Irrelevant Dude wrote:

Another serious question for the room: do any of really think most Republicans looked at Obama as a legitimate president? How negligible of a difference are we really talking about between how they regarded/treated/talked about the last Democratic president and the next one?

It's a good question, but I do think there is a notable difference in that very few people doubted that Obama legitimately won the election. There will be an added sense of empowerment for Trump voters who truly believe they were disenfranchised and are the victims of widespread election fraud, which just adds that much more fuel to the fire.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Politics Thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:39 pm

Irrelevant Dude wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Irrelevant Dude wrote:I feel like even that is an optimistic view. The crazy tactics, as unsuccessful as they have been on the surface, are having an impact now. It has dragged on long enough that a significant portion of the population will never accept Joe Biden as a legitimate president, and it is clear that the Republicans in power will continue to cater to those people. They can't lose those voters, because what else do they have left?

Another serious question for the room: do any of really think most Republicans looked at Obama as a legitimate president? How negligible of a difference are we really talking about between how they regarded/treated/talked about the last Democratic president and the next one?

It's a good question, but I do think there is a notable difference in that very few people doubted that Obama legitimately won the election. There will be an added sense of empowerment for Trump voters who truly believe they were disenfranchised and are the victims of widespread election fraud, which just adds that much more fuel to the fire.

Sure, but they were convinced in the first place that he was an illegitimate citizen/candidate, so that just meant a fraud got more votes. It's kind of a tomato/tomato comparison at the end of the day.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:56 pm

Same as it ever was. Norms, the judgment of history, etc., etc. does not matter to these people. They need to be electorally annihilated. But it just ain't gonna happen, at least not quickly enough for my liking. Not as long as Fox News/Rush Limbaugh/Facebook exist, at least. Just gotta keep trying to chip away. No clue what else is to be done.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:56 pm

gflore34 wrote:
Irrelevant Dude wrote:

I think those questioning legitimacy of the Biden administration will be quieted by the amount of success it has getting us back on our feet. If Biden does begin to turn it around, people will start to forget about Trump' nonsense. Not all people, he'll find some medium to whine about himself but, a good portion of the questions, accusations and general [expletive] will fade away.

That ain't happening. McConnell will do anything to prevent any progress, and we're dealing with a much more aggressive and malignant version of the tea party fanatics.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:02 pm

6 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:08 pm

CubinNY wrote:You're a pale imitation of an horsefeathers, be proud.

0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:09 pm

TruffleShuffle wrote:https://twitter.com/cons_owned/status/1329453441115152388?s=21

Looks like a solid twitter feed to follow.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:10 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
gflore34 wrote:
Irrelevant Dude wrote:I feel like even that is an optimistic view. The crazy tactics, as unsuccessful as they have been on the surface, are having an impact now. It has dragged on long enough that a significant portion of the population will never accept Joe Biden as a legitimate president, and it is clear that the Republicans in power will continue to cater to those people. They can't lose those voters, because what else do they have left?

That ain't happening. McConnell will do anything to prevent any progress, and we're dealing with a much more aggressive and malignant version of the tea party fanatics.

It will if Ossoff and Warnock can win the runoffs in GA.
0 x

Return to “Social”