Westworld

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Re: Westworld

Postby Derwood » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:27 pm

They've said that the post-credit scene is so far in the future that Season 3 probably won't address it
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:39 pm

Tim wrote:
Banedon wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:I'm still uncertain if the Emily that William shot was a host or his actual daughter. I'm still leaning toward host. I was rewatching some scenes from earlier in the season and when she comes to get wounded William from Ghost Nation, she is speaking Lakota pretty well. We know that the hosts can speak whatever language they want to if needed and I have my doubts that real Emily would speak Lakota so well or even at all.

It's a host in that future scene. That post-credits scene was many years in the future. And he killed his real daughter.

He wasn't a host for the whole show...the only time it was a host version of him was when he "woke up" after having blown apart his hand and went down the elevator. We didn't see all the repeated loops...we only saw that original moment. Him killing his daughter was akin to Delos shunning Logan...the defining moment.

The daughter was the only "human" pulled up with the hosts at the end. May not have meaning, but it could mean she was a host. That wouldn't take away from it being a defining moment for William since he didn't know.

I just can't get past her knowing Lakota. There's that scene where she said she hadn't been to the parks since she was a kid. How the hell would she speak fluent Lakota?

Also, where did she come up with his data card? Did that just happen to be something she had with her in her pants pocket when she fell into the river at The Raj?
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:27 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
Tim wrote:
Banedon wrote:
It's a host in that future scene. That post-credits scene was many years in the future. And he killed his real daughter.

He wasn't a host for the whole show...the only time it was a host version of him was when he "woke up" after having blown apart his hand and went down the elevator. We didn't see all the repeated loops...we only saw that original moment. Him killing his daughter was akin to Delos shunning Logan...the defining moment.

The daughter was the only "human" pulled up with the hosts at the end. May not have meaning, but it could mean she was a host. That wouldn't take away from it being a defining moment for William since he didn't know.

I just can't get past her knowing Lakota. There's that scene where she said she hadn't been to the parks since she was a kid. How the hell would she speak fluent Lakota?

Also, where did she come up with his data card? Did that just happen to be something she had with her in her pants pocket when she fell into the river at The Raj?

Well, she told that story about the ballerina box for a reason, I would guess. Her Mom put the data card in the box before she killed herself, presumably so that the daughter would eventually see it. Telling the story about the box was a precursor to confronting her Dad about the reason her Mom killed herself, the reveal being that she has the data card. ...how would a host version of the daughter get a hold of that card? It seems pretty likely she really was a person. NOT speaking Lakota is something the daughter chastized Ed Harris for after spending so much time in the park. I agree its a hint she MIGHT be a host, but not enough to overrule the fact she had the data card and told the story about the box.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:38 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:
Tim wrote:The daughter was the only "human" pulled up with the hosts at the end. May not have meaning, but it could mean she was a host. That wouldn't take away from it being a defining moment for William since he didn't know.

Well, she told that story about the ballerina box for a reason, I would guess. Her Mom put the data card in the box before she killed herself, presumably so that the daughter would eventually see it. Telling the story about the box was a precursor to confronting her Dad about the reason her Mom killed herself, the reveal being that she has the data card. ...how would a host version of the daughter get a hold of that card? It seems pretty likely she really was a person. NOT speaking Lakota is something the daughter chastized Ed Harris for after spending so much time in the park. I agree its a hint she MIGHT be a host, but not enough to overrule the fact she had the data card and told the story about the box.

Who is really running things now that William is spending all his time in the park? If the daughter has been running the company in his absence, she could easily have been in the know about the Delos program for immortality. In which case it wouldn't have been hard for her to create a host like herself and give "her" the card to mess with William's mind / win him over / whatever.
0 x
Spoiler: show

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:47 pm

Tim wrote:Who is really running things now that William is spending all his time in the park? If the daughter has been running the company in his absence, she could easily have been in the know about the Delos program for immortality. In which case it wouldn't have been hard for her to create a host like herself and give "her" the card to mess with William's mind / win him over / whatever.

Indeed. I feel like that may have been real-Emily in the post credits scene. It was real-William that they used to test Delos' fidelity, so it seems logical to assume that real-Emily is being used to test William's fidelity.
0 x

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby javy knows my name » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:57 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
Tim wrote:Who is really running things now that William is spending all his time in the park? If the daughter has been running the company in his absence, she could easily have been in the know about the Delos program for immortality. In which case it wouldn't have been hard for her to create a host like herself and give "her" the card to mess with William's mind / win him over / whatever.

Indeed. I feel like that may have been real-Emily in the post credits scene. It was real-William that they used to test Delos' fidelity, so it seems logical to assume that real-Emily is being used to test William's fidelity.

Lisa Joy has said that this is certainly not the case
0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:04 pm

javy knows my name wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

Kit Harrington also said that Jon Snow was 100% dead and Jimmi Simpson said he wasn't going to be in Season 2. I'm not sure how much stock I put into what any cast or crew publicly say about shows like this.
0 x

javy knows my name

Postby javy knows my name » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:09 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

Kit Harrington also said that Jon Snow was 100% dead and Jimmi Simpson said he wasn't going to be in Season 2. I'm not sure how much stock I put into what any cast or crew publicly say about shows like this.

If the final scene takes place in her lifetime, much less while she's still in her 30s-40s, then it's a very, very dumb reveal. And it horsefeathers the whole timeline up and/or borders on "it was all William's dream." horsefeathers that.
0 x
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:16 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

Those are actors that are not always informed. This is the show creator/writer.
0 x

javy knows my name

Postby javy knows my name » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Banedon wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

And this. Plus Jimmi Simpson is in what, 2 episodes, for a total of 30 minutes?
0 x
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:30 pm

Banedon wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

Yeah, I know who she is.

Guess I'm just confused all around. If Emily is a human/host in the post-credits scene, then that means that human/host fidelity has already been achieved whenever that takes place (because she seems to be working just fine), but I got the sense that they were wanting us to think that William was the first human/host to achieve fidelity.
0 x

javy knows my name

Postby javy knows my name » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:40 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
Banedon wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

Yeah, I know who she is.

Guess I'm just confused all around. If Emily is a human/host in the post-credits scene, then that means that human/host fidelity has already been achieved whenever that takes place (because she seems to be working just fine), but I got the sense that they were wanting us to think that William was the first human/host to achieve fidelity.

I read it more that they were horsefeathering with him. He had finished "the game" hundreds of years ago, and in doing so did absolutely horrible things (like kill his for reals daughter), so now he's being punished in the same way he had "punished" others (Delos). I get a strong Black Mirror mixed with The Dark Tower vibe.
0 x
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:50 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
Banedon wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

Yeah, I know who she is.

She was calling him William...not dad, which I think is a big clue. Just because she looks like his daughter doesn't mean that she has the memories/personality of his daughter. If it's far in the future, maybe it's Dolores in that body? She did leave him with a bloody hand, saying something like that she wanted him to suffer, but didn't want to kill him.
0 x

javy knows my name

Postby javy knows my name » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:17 pm

Banedon wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:
Banedon wrote:

Yeah, I know who she is.

She was calling him William...not dad, which I think is a big clue. Just because she looks like his daughter doesn't mean that she has the memories/personality of his daughter. If it's far in the future, maybe it's Dolores in that body? She did leave him with a bloody hand, saying something like that she wanted him to suffer, but didn't want to kill him.

I like this theory
0 x
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:21 pm

javy knows my name wrote:I like this theory

0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Banedon wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:
Yeah, I know who she is.

I like this theory

Any prevailing theories on who is in Charlotte Hale's body? Dolores escaped Westworld in Charlotte's body, but we see both of them when Bernard wakes up
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:19 pm

Derwood wrote:
Banedon wrote:

I like this theory

Any prevailing theories on who is in Charlotte Hale's body? Dolores escaped Westworld in Charlotte's body, but we see both of them when Bernard wakes up

i hope it's teddy #giggity
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:30 pm

A nice breakdown of the timelines this season if anyone is still confused about that.

http://collider.com/westworld-timeline-explained#2015
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Aaron Paul to be a regular in season 3.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/westworld- ... 202464194/
1 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:16 am

Banedon wrote:Aaron Paul to be a regular in season 3.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/westworld- ... 202464194/

0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:02 am

aaron paul is sneaky bad
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:15 pm

17 Seconds wrote:aaron paul is sneaky bad

Yeah, but so is this show.
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:23 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:

did it ever pick up in season 2? i checked out after the first couple episodes
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:30 am

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Yeah, it finally got good by the end
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:59 am

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Episode 4 was amazing. Watch that one and if it does nothing for you, give up. (Warning, if you were a Lost fan, you WILL be triggered)
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Return to “Social”