The Bryce is Right, Bitch

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 68131
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1004
x 1936

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Derwood » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:24 pm

cl smooth wrote:There are more than a handful of Cubs fans who want Michael Brantley on the team instead of Bryce Harper. I don’t get it.


They’re the same fans who liked Juan Pierre
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77465
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9710
x 12858

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:29 pm

cl smooth wrote:There are more than a handful of Cubs fans who want Michael Brantley on the team instead of Bryce Harper. I don’t get it.


These people need to be watched.
1 x
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 55696
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 427
x 5912

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:20 am

cl smooth wrote:There are more than a handful of Cubs fans who want Michael Brantley on the team instead of Bryce Harper. I don’t get it.


Batting average.
1 x

User avatar
TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5630
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 360
x 455

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:28 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
cl smooth wrote:There are more than a handful of Cubs fans who want Michael Brantley on the team instead of Bryce Harper. I don’t get it.


Batting average.


+ savings for The Future


Bertz wrote:Gross, though admittedly a little less than my names. In my mind, if they can't get a star the plan should be to wait until February and grab the best guy left who will settle for a one year deal, probably someone like Kinsler or Dozier. I don't want to get locked into a 3-4 year deal for just a dude, some guy who we're all going to wish we can get off the books so we can go after Arenado or whoever next winter. Go big and bold or go austere and efficient, no half measures.

The exception is someone who can backup shortstop. That lets us move on from Russell, so it's different.


Agreed with this exactly
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image

Backtobanks
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6476
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:32 am
x 4
x 25

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Backtobanks » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:35 am

Cubswin11 wrote:Hopefully Ralph is right




“Theo Epstein knows this is a critical year for him. So even though he is downplaying spending any money, my understanding is behind the scenes he is working diligently and he has said he is going to get another professional hitter for that lineup,” Bowden reported. “There is pressure for him to get that, I think he’s going to do it, especially next week in Vegas.”



Professional hitter? I didn't think he was going to sign an amateur.
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22749
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 5800
x 4366

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:43 am

cl smooth wrote:There are more than a handful of Cubs fans who want Michael Brantley on the team instead of Bryce Harper. I don’t get it.

Yeah, they’re idiots
1 x
Screw Pitchers

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22641
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 777
x 1368

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby 17 Seconds » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:42 am

it would be disappointing as hell to miss on harper, but lowrie over russell and brantley over almora would still make the team clearly better
2 x

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 44908
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 77
x 2224
Contact:

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Tim » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:04 am

17 Seconds wrote:it would be disappointing as hell to miss on harper, but lowrie over russell and brantley over almora would still make the team clearly better

Brantley isn't really a CF anymore. If we're looking for a CF addition, I'd go Pollock.
0 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22749
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 5800
x 4366

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:05 am

Tim wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:it would be disappointing as hell to miss on harper, but lowrie over russell and brantley over almora would still make the team clearly better

Brantley isn't really a CF anymore. If we're looking for a CF addition, I'd go Pollock.

Heyward/Happ/Almora can play CF with Brantley in RF. Could go Schwarber/Heyward or Happ/ Brantley left to right vs RHP and Happ or Bote or Bryant/Almora/Zobrist or Heyward left to right vs LHP
1 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32543
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2216
x 5742
Contact:

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:11 am

im gonna be so pissed if we spend money on pollock
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Gilby
All-Star
Posts: 4478
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:13 pm
Location: Des Moines
x 896
x 432

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Gilby » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:14 am

Schwarber and Chatwood to the Rockies for Jon Gray
Quintana to the Braves for Fried+

leading to Harper signing with the Cubs by Wednesday
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22641
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 777
x 1368

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby 17 Seconds » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:21 am

Backtobanks wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Cubs will have Harper signed by this time next week





Jordan Bastian

@MLBastian


Theo Epstein: "No one hitter, especially in the seas where we're fishing, is going to transform the offense. It's going to be a continued evolution of what I think is a group of really, really talented position players that stumbled badly in the second half of last year."


this is the most damning quote i've seen yet
0 x

User avatar
Splendid Splinter
All-Star
Posts: 2225
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:30 am
x 6814
x 160

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Splendid Splinter » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:03 am

Cubswin11 wrote:
Tim wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:it would be disappointing as hell to miss on harper, but lowrie over russell and brantley over almora would still make the team clearly better

Brantley isn't really a CF anymore. If we're looking for a CF addition, I'd go Pollock.

Heyward/Happ/Almora can play CF with Brantley in RF. Could go Schwarber/Heyward or Happ/ Brantley left to right vs RHP and Happ or Bote or Bryant/Almora/Zobrist or Heyward left to right vs LHP


Brantley is just a LF the past couple years IIRC. I don't think he ever played RF.
0 x

Backtobanks
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6476
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:32 am
x 4
x 25

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Backtobanks » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:53 am

Kevin Negandhi

@KNegandhiESPN


Top 3 teams in the Bryce Harper Sweepstakes according to @kurkjian_ESPN

1. Phillies
2. Dodgers
3. White Sox

3,350
5:54 PM - Dec 7, 2018


It would be bad enough losing out on Harper, but it would really be bad knowing we lost out on him to the White Sox.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58822
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2374
x 8010

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:05 pm

If he doesn't go to the Cubs the one place I'd most like to see him go is the white sox. Can't hurt the Cubs chances going there.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 68131
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1004
x 1936

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Derwood » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:22 pm

If we signed Pollock he would break his collar bone shaking Theo’s hand
5 x

Backtobanks
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6476
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:32 am
x 4
x 25

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Backtobanks » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:13 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:If he doesn't go to the Cubs the one place I'd most like to see him go is the white sox. Can't hurt the Cubs chances going there.



That's true, but hearing and seeing Bryce Harper and Eloy Jimenez all over the daily media would be frustrating, especially if the Cubs struggle.
0 x

d_money
All-Star
Posts: 2188
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:57 pm
x 60

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby d_money » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:45 pm

Backtobanks wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:If he doesn't go to the Cubs the one place I'd most like to see him go is the white sox. Can't hurt the Cubs chances going there.



That's true, but hearing and seeing Bryce Harper and Eloy Jimenez all over the daily media would be frustrating, especially if the Cubs struggle.

Agreed. The Sox farm system is loaded. If Eloy becomes the stud he's projected to become, it'll be painful. I doubt Bryce signs with them though - the league is littered with can't miss prospects.
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60744
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7849
x 4765

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby David » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Eloy is not going to be anything special
2 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Tryptamine
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5748
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:13 pm
x 4
x 74

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Tryptamine » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:58 pm

d_money wrote:
Backtobanks wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:If he doesn't go to the Cubs the one place I'd most like to see him go is the white sox. Can't hurt the Cubs chances going there.



That's true, but hearing and seeing Bryce Harper and Eloy Jimenez all over the daily media would be frustrating, especially if the Cubs struggle.

Agreed. The Sox farm system is loaded. If Eloy becomes the stud he's projected to become, it'll be painful. I doubt Bryce signs with them though - the league is littered with can't miss prospects.


I'm not so sure it really is. Eloy is the only potential star in the mix. Kopech and Cease are both more likely to end up pen arms then starters. Moncada is putting up Russell numbers without the defense and position.
0 x

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 76980
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2730
x 4094
Contact:

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:06 pm

Tryptamine wrote:
d_money wrote:
Backtobanks wrote:

That's true, but hearing and seeing Bryce Harper and Eloy Jimenez all over the daily media would be frustrating, especially if the Cubs struggle.

Agreed. The Sox farm system is loaded. If Eloy becomes the stud he's projected to become, it'll be painful. I doubt Bryce signs with them though - the league is littered with can't miss prospects.


I'm not so sure it really is. Eloy is the only potential star in the mix. Kopech and Cease are both more likely to end up pen arms then starters. Moncada is putting up Russell numbers without the defense and position.


What about their other 4 prospects currently in the top 100? None of them are potential stars?
0 x
Win it for Fred

Backtobanks
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6476
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:32 am
x 4
x 25

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Backtobanks » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:31 pm

David wrote:Eloy is not going to be anything special



I have a hunch the overwhelming majority of Cub fans would love to trade Quintana for Jimenez & Cease.
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60744
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7849
x 4765

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby David » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Backtobanks wrote:
David wrote:Eloy is not going to be anything special



I have a hunch the overwhelming majority of Cub fans would love to trade Quintana for Jimenez & Cease.


As a trade chip I'd take him back, sure. As a big league player, he is a DH or a bad corner outfielder. He's going to have to hit at a very special level to be anything worth losing sleep over, and he probably won't walk enough, so that'll be even harder.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 14955
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Lakeview
x 4707
x 1597

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby The Logan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:17 pm

Derwood wrote:If we signed Pollock he would break his collar bone shaking Theo’s hand


I bet his life is just a never-ending series of infomercial blunders.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77465
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9710
x 12858

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Based on the sweaty, kinda desperate attempts here to claim otherwise, it's weird how the White Sox system keeps getting rated so highly, I guess.

NSBB sees through the smoke and mirrors; all of the farm systems are actually reversed! The Cubs' is actually top 5 instead of bottom 5!
1 x
► Show Spoiler


Return to “Transactions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abohnhoff, Butterscup, entbird79, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], JudasIscariotTheBird, SouthSideRyan, WrigleyField 22 and 12 guests