Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:48 pm

0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:52 pm

Uhhhhhhhh.

Subtracting the obvious awfulness form this....why the horsefeathers were they keeping a dog corpse in the closet?!?
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:52 pm

Derwood wrote:Image

freaking dying
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:57 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Uhhhhhhhh.

Subtracting the obvious awfulness form this....why the horsefeathers were they keeping a dog corpse in the closet?!?

There were so many right ways to handle this, and so many "better" wrong ways to handle it.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Uhhhhhhhh.

My money is on she was planning on dumping it somewhere but was paranoid that she was being monitored and never got up the nerve to go outside with the trash bag
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:04 pm

Sooo...it looks like the DB Cooper mystery may be solved.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/db-cooper- ... ved-crime/
0 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:39 am

Professional resume/portfolio question: If I was hired by a company to work on a video shoot that was hired by a bigger company, is it disingenuous to list both companies on a resume or portfolio website to say that I worked for them?

For instance: I've done two jobs through Second City Works, who hired me, for two of their own clients. One of them was for Tiffany & Co. and the other was for Nickelodeon. Is it bad form to say I've worked with Second City Works, Tiffany & Co, and Nickelodeon, when in reality it was just Second City Works I was technically working for, even though I was technically creating content for the larger companies?
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:49 am

The Logan wrote:Professional resume/portfolio question: If I was hired by a company to work on a video shoot that was hired by a bigger company, is it disingenuous to list both companies on a resume or portfolio website to say that I worked for them?

For instance: I've done two jobs through Second City Works, who hired me, for two of their own clients. One of them was for Tiffany & Co. and the other was for Nickelodeon. Is it bad form to say I've worked with Second City Works, Tiffany & Co, and Nickelodeon, when in reality it was just Second City Works I was technically working for, even though I was technically creating content for the larger companies?

Maybe don’t say you worked for those bigger companies, but say you worked for Second City Works and that the job included working on projects for/with, being contracted by, doing work for, etc those bigger companies?
Last edited by Cubswin11 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
2 x
Screw Pitchers

Thurman Merman
Starter

Postby Thurman Merman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:53 am

Yeah I would just elaborate in your job function below your actual employer
2 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:59 am

technically the president probably cranked it to whatever show you did for nickelodeon so congrats you worked for the white house
7 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:45 am

The Logan wrote:Professional resume/portfolio question: If I was hired by a company to work on a video shoot that was hired by a bigger company, is it disingenuous to list both companies on a resume or portfolio website to say that I worked for them?

I worked for a company during which I was contracted to 3 different places. I usually list the employer as "ContractCompany/Client" on my resume. ContractCompany appears on 3 different "jobs". At one time i had the Contract Company listed, and then the clients as subheadings under that, but I thought it looked confusing.
1 x

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby javy knows my name » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:07 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:technically the president probably cranked it to whatever show you did for nickelodeon so congrats you worked for the white house

Oh this is just incredible hahahaha
1 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:47 pm

Banedon wrote:Sooo...it looks like the DB Cooper mystery may be solved.

Rackstraw is not a serious candidate IMO. He would have just recently been discharged from the army and was 28 at the time and was lean and fit. The people who spent the most time around DB, such as the flight attendant who sat next to him for four hours, have always been consistent in their testimony that DB was definitely late 30's to late mid 40's, perhaps even a touch older. The youngest any witness has stated his age to be was mid 30's. A college student who sat across from him (who had no idea what was going on at the time) remembers thinking something along the lines of "why is that cute flight attendant giving that turkey necked dork so much attention?"

Rackstraw isn't considered a serious suspect among most DB Cooper investigators simply because his age and physical appearance just doesn't really match the descriptions of the eyewitnesses.

Cooper was almost universally described as:
- late 30's to mid 40's, with visible facial wrinkles
- a touch olive complected
- six foot tall
- of average physique for a man his age, but with a turkey neck.
- with a Midwestern accent

I've always liked Richard "Dick" Lepsy as a candidate. He was a grocery store manager who was also a local con-man from Michigan. He went missing from his family a year or two before the hijacking. His physical appearance absolutely matches Cooper's as well as his accent. There are some indications that he was still alive after leaving his family (so it's not like he just went off and killed himself in the woods...although I do think his ultimate fate was that he went "splat!" into the woods).

0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:59 pm

The truth is that Amelia Earhart faked her death to become DB Cooper.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:00 pm

that guy is a ricketts
2 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:02 pm

Now I hope the FBI hilariously have "turkey neck" in the official fugitive description. Some loser with a desk in the basement is all, "I will not REST until we've found this Don Knotts-looking horsefeathers!"
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:27 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Now I hope the FBI hilariously have "turkey neck" in the official fugitive description.

haha, probably so! I'm a bit of a DB Cooper nerd and it really does come up quite a bit in the research that is out there. It's helpful in that it helps to eliminate some of the recent Rackstraw theories, which just don't hold up to scrutiny.

Aside from being an in-shape recently discharged Special Forces soldier, Rackstraw (though he appears to have dark hair in black and white photos) was also a bit of a ginger and had lots of red freckles, which is on the complete other side of Cooper's olive/swarthy skin description.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:36 pm

OleMissCub wrote:

Rackstraw is not a serious candidate IMO. He would have just recently been discharged from the army and was 28 at the time and was lean and fit. The people who spent the most time around DB, such as the flight attendant who sat next to him for four hours, have always been consistent in their testimony that DB was definitely late 30's to late mid 40's, perhaps even a touch older. The youngest any witness has stated his age to be was mid 30's. A college student who sat across from him (who had no idea what was going on at the time) remembers thinking something along the lines of "why is that cute flight attendant giving that turkey necked dork so much attention?"

Rackstraw isn't considered a serious suspect among most DB Cooper investigators simply because his age and physical appearance just doesn't really match the descriptions of the eyewitnesses.

- six foot tall

I've always liked Richard "Dick" Lepsy as a candidate. He was a grocery store manager who was also a local con-man from Michigan. He went missing from his family a year or two before the hijacking. His physical appearance absolutely matches Cooper's as well as his accent. There are some indications that he was still alive after leaving his family (so it's not like he just went off and killed himself in the woods...although I do think his ultimate fate was that he went "splat!" into the woods).

Three words and a number, Stephen Miller is 32.
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:37 pm

Plus back then everyone looked like they were at least 50 as soon as they hit 30.
Last edited by Sammy Sofa on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:43 pm

0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:51 pm

OleMissCub wrote:

- six foot tall

dude looks exactly like a former coworker of mine, whose father was a pilot and lived in the puget sound area

:shock:
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:11 pm

This is an incredible, and somewhat scary story, of parents that had to help their daughter "escape" from the Mayo Clinic.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/13/health/m ... index.html

EDIT: Mayo Clinic's statement about the CNN article

Mayo Clinic issued a public statement in response to the CNN story. While the statement did not address specific details about the case, it did question the accuracy of the story.

"This was a very complex situation with very challenging dynamics. Following a thorough and careful review of the care in question, we have determined that the version of events provided by certain patient family members to CNN are not supported by the facts, nor do they track with the direct observations of numerous other providers on the patient’s care team," according to Mayo Clinic's statement. "Our internal review determined that the care team’s actions were true to Mayo Clinic’s primary value that the patient’s needs come first. This story lacks further clarification and context that CNN knew, but chose not to use."

https://www.postbulletin.com/news/local ... abb51.html
0 x

Return to “Social”