General Chit-Chat thread

biittner77
Superstar

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby biittner77 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:17 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Yep, a boy and a girl.

Congrats! If you go with Cubs themed names let me suggest the streets where Wrigley is located: Waveland and Sheffield.
1 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:49 pm

0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:16 pm

goatse had a damn year
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:49 pm

I wonder how big of an impact we had on getting "get a brain, morans" on the list for a short time.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:54 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:I wonder how big of an impact we had on getting "get a brain, morans" on the list for a short time.

If only it would have listed "The initial notice was a physical appearance black", we would have known we won.
7 x
Spoiler: show

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:24 pm

0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:48 pm

Dammit! Use my wonderful "guess what an idiot did with a plane this time..." thread so we can be sure Tim is scared good!
3 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:14 pm

Always pick the Airbus when flying. Please don’t link to stories about how those are made with gum and tape.
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:31 am

4 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:46 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:Dammit! Use my wonderful "guess what an idiot did with a plane this time..." thread so we can be sure Tim is scared good!

Holy horsefeathers you were serious. There is such a thread. I thought you kidding.
2 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:40 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:

I wonder who the Secratary of Defense is these days?
0 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Wed May 01, 2019 11:15 am

Guess what an idiot with a can of Chef Boyardee did this time

https://blockclubchicago.org/2019/04/30 ... -boyardee/

‘Suspicious Object’ Leads Police To Shut Down State Street … But It Was Just A Can Of Chef Boyardee On Wheels

The ravioli car turned out to be a DePaul student's class project
1 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:33 pm

The Logan wrote:Guess what an idiot with a can of Chef Boyardee did this time

‘Suspicious Object’ Leads Police To Shut Down State Street … But It Was Just A Can Of Chef Boyardee On Wheels

Buying ravioli in a can is the real crime here.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed May 01, 2019 2:06 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
The Logan wrote:Guess what an idiot with a can of Chef Boyardee did this time

Buying ravioli in a can is the real crime here.

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Thu May 02, 2019 3:17 pm

So I've been having some chest pains lately, which is some scary horsefeathers. I've got a one year old daughter, so I do the responsible dad thing and book an appointment with a doctor, who refers me to a cardiologist, who asks me to do one of those cardiac stress tests.

Those things suuuuck.

In order to get all the electrodes hooked in correctly despite all the movement and sweating, they had to partially shave my chest and then rough the skin up with what is essentially sandpaper. I swear to you, the stubble burn while I'm wearing a shirt now is far worse than the original chest pain. That is not even remotely a joke.

Anyway, the test came back negative for any ischemia, so it's looking likely that the culprit for the chest pains is boring old acid reflux. So I'm fairly jazzed about that.
2 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu May 02, 2019 3:50 pm

Rob wrote:So I've been having some chest pains lately, which is some scary horsefeathers. I've got a one year old daughter, so I do the responsible dad thing and book an appointment with a doctor, who refers me to a cardiologist, who asks me to do one of those cardiac stress tests.

Those things suuuuck.

In order to get all the electrodes hooked in correctly despite all the movement and sweating, they had to partially shave my chest and then rough the skin up with what is essentially sandpaper. I swear to you, the stubble burn while I'm wearing a shirt now is far worse than the original chest pain. That is not even remotely a joke.

Anyway, the test came back negative for any ischemia, so it's looking likely that the culprit for the chest pains is boring old acid reflux. So I'm fairly jazzed about that.

Hey, high five; that was the same thing I went through years ago.

It's bonkers how much bad acid reflux can feel like something like a heart attack.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu May 02, 2019 5:04 pm

I have a hiatal hernia which means I've dealt with acid reflux for many, many years. I'm on some good daily meds now that for the most part keep that down...though if I eat the wrong things, I'll still reap the consequences.

I've heard this before though...that bad acid reflux can mimic a heart attack and I've never felt it quite like that. My reflux is always in the upper esophagus for me, so I've never had that kind of confusion, personally.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu May 02, 2019 5:20 pm

When mine first showed up I was in my mid-20's, AND it showed up at the same time I started getting heart palpitations where my heart skips a beat (or beats; turns out both are actually tied together in that they can exacerbate each other). This was before I got out of shape, so I just figured I was invincible at that age and it took me completely by surprised. Sure, I had had heartburn plenty of times, but nothing like this; this felt like something had bored a hole into my chest and then was trying to punch out of my back. I was having trouble swallowing, and started feeling real weak and sweaty. Then the heart skips started...and this was all at work, and I remember so clearly just thinking, "welp, I'm going to die at work; this is so lame. I hope I can just sink quietly to the ground without making too much of a scene."

The whole thing ended up passing within a minute or two, and being a 20-something idiot, I just stayed at work and made an appointment to see the doctor the next week. That's when they found everything and put me on a proton pump inhibitor. I've been on and off of those over the last 15+ years, and I was hoping I would be able to be off of it for good once I lost all the weight (mainly because the acid reflux bouts/symptoms all but vanished once the weight was gone), but endoscopies showed that the reflux was sill there and causing pretty bad stomach bleeding even though it wasn't manifesting via symptoms. If it's bad enough to cause that kind of stomach damge, you gotta be on the PPI medication because without it your chances of stomach/esophageal/throat cancer go through the roof.

So I'm stuck on a low dose PPI probably forever, which means I always need to take calcium and vitamin D supplements every day no matter what, because long term PPI use can really impact your bone strength/density as you get older. But as a whole, I feel pretty lucky. The only lingering damage is a minor hernia; no Barrett's Esophagus or ulcers or polyps or tears or cancers, so I try to look at having to take a few pills as no big deal.
0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:25 pm

So...probably should make a doctors appointment before this decade ends.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri May 03, 2019 1:05 am

Yeah, I've had a couple endoscopies (probably due for another one before long). But yeah, I'm on a delayed-release PPI because I had issues with them lasting a full 24 hours. My hiatal hernia could be operated on, but there's a good chance of it just coming back, so I'll just stick with the meds.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri May 03, 2019 1:28 am

Banedon wrote:Yeah, I've had a couple endoscopies (probably due for another one before long). But yeah, I'm on a delayed-release PPI because I had issues with them lasting a full 24 hours. My hiatal hernia could be operated on, but there's a good chance of it just coming back, so I'll just stick with the meds.

Same (similar issue with these benign cysts I have in my sinus cavities that bless me with really, really horsefeathers sinus issues); the doctor said it was pretty damn close to a 50/50 chance it would return if they operated on it, and there's no chance I'm doing any kind of surgery with odds that horsefeathers.
0 x

wvcbxl
5-Time All-Star

Postby wvcbxl » Tue May 07, 2019 6:55 pm

Pigeon flashed at 45km/h in 30 zone

Whether and, above all, how the fast bird can and wants to pay the 25 Euro Verwarnungsgeld remains open.

:lol:
0 x
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. - Satchel Paige.

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue May 07, 2019 7:06 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Banedon wrote:Yeah, I've had a couple endoscopies (probably due for another one before long). But yeah, I'm on a delayed-release PPI because I had issues with them lasting a full 24 hours. My hiatal hernia could be operated on, but there's a good chance of it just coming back, so I'll just stick with the meds.

Same (similar issue with these benign cysts I have in my sinus cavities that bless me with really, really horsefeathers sinus issues); the doctor said it was pretty damn close to a 50/50 chance it would return if they operated on it, and there's no chance I'm doing any kind of surgery with odds that horsefeathers.

I recently had to get reading glasses. All things considering, I feel rather lucky with health so far.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue May 07, 2019 8:10 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:

coward
1 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed May 08, 2019 4:23 pm

I did a hccf caliber typo and it's a hit

4 x

Return to “Social”