5-Time All-Star

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:51 am

0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:14 pm

Trump's disapproval rating is dropping. America is a s-hole country.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:17 pm

CubinNY wrote:Trump's disapproval rating is dropping. America is a s-hole country.

I mean, the only reason he took a hit was because the shutdown was dragging on. Once it was ended, of course it was all going to bounce back. His approval rating is almost back to 42%, too. He's not going away unless the economy tanks.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:20 pm

CubinNY wrote:Trump's disapproval rating is dropping. America is a s-hole country.

It's like nothing matters anymore. His own horsefeathering administration is leaking information that shows he doesn't horsefeathering work. Who cares? There are pictures of more children being put into cages with video posted as well. Where, I haven't' seen it? His campaign chairman was giving polling data to the Russians during the campaign. So what?

Trump's cult followers are increasingly becoming unhinged and screaming on busses, in restaurants, and attacking journalists. Big deal.

Edit: The acting AG has been feeding Trump information on SCO's activities. That alone should be an impeachable offense.
Last edited by CubinNY on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:27 pm

CubinNY wrote:His own horsefeathering administration is leaking information that shows he doesn't horsefeathering work.

Which actually makes me feel (relatively) a LOT better. All the stories about his fancy new golf simulator room are fantastic; I hope he spends as much time in there as possible.
0 x

The_Achiever
All-Star

Postby The_Achiever » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:29 pm

I mean, it feels like the economy is starting to tank right now. I would say that the Mueller/Russia stuff progressing should be the final nail in the coffin for his "presidency", but this mofo has 9 lives like nobody I've ever seen.

I also think that's a big reason for him becoming such an anti-abortion advocate lately. Moar meet for the base.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:30 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
CubinNY wrote:His own horsefeathering administration is leaking information that shows he doesn't horsefeathering work.

Which actually makes me feel (relatively) a LOT better. All the stories about his fancy new golf simulator room are fantastic; I hope he spends as much time in there as possible.

Yeah I'm not getting why or how that could be a good thing. He's not taking PDBs either. He's going to get a lot of people killed somewhere in the future.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:32 pm

The_Achiever wrote:I also think that's a big reason for him becoming such an anti-abortion advocate lately. Moar meet for the base.

Yup. That stuff is going to work great for him. The vaunted "never Trump"/"independent"-types will happily flounce back into the GOP's clammy embrace as they continue to go whole hog after abortion rights.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:34 pm

CubinNY wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Yeah I'm not getting why or how that could be a good thing. He's not taking PDBs either. He's going to get a lot of people killed somewhere in the future.

Personally, I think anything that distracts him from actually doing anything is automatically a good thing. What's he going to possibly do with what little information he would glean in bits and pieces from a PDB that wouldn't be completely horrible? I think it's a lock that him doing nothing is better than him literally doing ANYTHING.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:47 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
CubinNY wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Personally, I think anything that distracts him from actually doing anything is automatically a good thing. What's he going to possibly do with what little information he would glean in bits and pieces from a PDB that wouldn't be completely horrible? I think it's a lock that him doing nothing is better than him literally doing ANYTHING.

I think it means he's giving the likes of John WMD Bolton the reigns to determine policy. That's not a good thing. So Trump says he wants to bring troops home and stop fighting for other countries, yet he has the worst types of interventionists working for him. Elliot Abrams and Bolton are all about intervention. The last time they teamed up we all know what happened.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:56 pm

CubinNY wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
CubinNY wrote:Yeah I'm not getting why or how that could be a good thing. He's not taking PDBs either. He's going to get a lot of people killed somewhere in the future.

I think it means he's giving the likes of John WMD Bolton the reigns to determine policy. That's not a good thing. So Trump says he wants to bring troops home and stop fighting for other countries, yet he has the worst types of interventionists working for him. Elliot Abrams and Bolton are all about intervention. The last time they teamed up we all know what happened.

This hinges on the idea that Trump must have some shred of common sense or decency, or some kind of foreign policy that isn't just spoon fed to him; he doesn't. Any of his talk about not wanting wars and wanting to bring troops home is all meaningless verbal diarrhea horse horsefeathers; anyone who thinks he means it is a sucker. People like Bolton already have his ear to begin with and essentially lead him around like the dope he is. It's no secret how much he hates this job, so anything that functions as a distraction that keeps him from doing as much damage as he can, however minimally, is fine by me. The most effective roadblock to Trump doing awful things is Trump's absurd laziness and hatred for the job he never really wanted.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:59 pm

I know that the feelings about Joe Rogan are mixed here (for very good reasons) but I'd never heard of this guy until today. Don't agree 100% on the college stuff at the end, but the guy came off as the most honest candidate I've heard at the national level...ever. If nothing else, hopefully he succeeds in shifting the discussion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTsEzmFamZ8
Last edited by JudasIscariotTheBird on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:59 pm

I just finished my 2nd full week of my self-imposed politics ban (no news, twitter, etc.). All of my news comes from you turkeys now, and if it's more than like 10 words, I ain't reading it. My blood pressure has returned to a much less dangerous level.
2 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:02 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:I know that the feelings about Joe Rogan are mixed here (for very good reasons) but I'd never heard of this guy until today. Don't agree 100% on the college stuff at the end, but the guy came off as the most honest candidate I've heard at the national level...ever. If nothing else, hopefully he succeeds in shifting the discussion.

Dude, nobody in their right mind is listening to 2 horsefeathering hours of Joe Rogan. Have mercy on us and link us to something actually useful about this guy.
3 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:I know that the feelings about Joe Rogan are mixed here (for very good reasons) but I'd never heard of this guy until today. Don't agree 100% on the college stuff at the end, but the guy came off as the most honest candidate I've heard at the national level...ever. If nothing else, hopefully he succeeds in shifting the discussion.

Dude, nobody in their right mind is listening to 2 horsefeathering hours of Joe Rogan. Have mercy on us and link us to something actually useful about this guy.

Here, I did it:

https://publicintegrity.org/federal-pol ... president/
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Here, I did it:

https://publicintegrity.org/federal-pol ... president/

Jesus. Fine Mr. Cranky Pants. If you like what you read there, listen to the interview. The guy is likable and authentic. Listening to almost any candidate for two hours would be nails on a chalkboard, but not this guy.
0 x
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:21 pm

The other thing I'll point out is that the comments on Joe Rogan Podcasts on youtube are multiple times more toxic than the average youtube comment section. The comments for this one are nearly exclusively positive, apart from the "These comments are too positive. Wtf is going on?"
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:23 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:The other thing I'll point out is that the comments on Joe Rogan Podcasts on youtube are multiple times more toxic than the average youtube comment section. The comments for this one are nearly exclusively positive, apart from the "These comments are too positive. Wtf is going on?"

so the guy is terrible

we don't need another entrepeneur, their entire existence is about bilking people
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:29 pm

ok the rest of us are living in reality trying to focus on the horsefeathers up group of actual candidates
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Me reading the breakdown of that dude's platform:

5 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:52 pm

I can't tell if you all just hate me so much that you'd dismiss the universal income candidate out of spite, or if you really are this jaded and crappy.

Pyramid scheme? Bravo?

Can't vote for an entrepeneur? Um, congrats?

Yall are some negative, cranky, vinegar-soaked bags of salt.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Bluescale
All-Star

Postby Bluescale » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Me reading the breakdown of that dude's platform:

Wait...you think Universal Basic Income and overturning Citizens United is a pyramid scheme? Or did you read something else outside of the link you posted earlier? I'll admit I'm lazy, and haven't bothered to spend any actual time on him other than the link you shared.
Last edited by Bluescale on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:59 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:the universal income candidate

Well, that's certainly ONE thing you could choose to describe him as.

This is the classic sulley trap of, "zero in on the one thing they love about a candidate and then act like it is the only thing that matters while ignoring all of the other hilarious (or worse) horsefeathers they're spouting at the same time."

Universal income is something I think needs to happen; this guy's vaguely defined, "flat rate" version isn't it. Most of the rest of his main platforms (outside of campaign finance reform) are goofy horsefeathers that have zero chance of ever being anything. He's a sorta liberal Libertarian, and he has zero chance of amounting to anything.
Last edited by Sammy Sofa on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:00 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ok the rest of us are living in reality trying to focus on the horsefeathers up group of actual candidates

Oh, that's right. This is the board that won't stop talking about (checks notes) Tulsi Gabbard.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:03 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ok the rest of us are living in reality trying to focus on the horsefeathers up group of actual candidates

Oh, that's right. This is the board that won't stop talking about (checks notes) Tulsi Gabbard.

Yeah, we've (mostly me, because I really, really hope it goes down in flames and I can't wait) generally mocked the hell out of her campaign because it's insane that it even exists. She also gets more attention since she's actually trying to run as a Democrat, and has a viable shot at doing some damage. What in the world do you think this guy is possibly going to be?
0 x

Return to “Social”