random rants

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Re: random rants

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:26 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Have you ever opened a package that was delivered to your home by mistake?

Twice now I've had packages meant for me put into the wrong package mailbox in my building, and both times whoever got the key took the packages and clearly opened them before returning them either to the the mail area or leaving it outside my door. What are the odds these weirdos just blindly tore open these packages without looking at the labels to see where it came from? This latest one was a poster tube, too. Look at the damn labels, people.

guilty. I order a lot of horsefeathers from amazon. all boxes in my neighborhood could be mine
0 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:38 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Have you ever opened a package that was delivered to your home by mistake?

Twice now I've had packages meant for me put into the wrong package mailbox in my building, and both times whoever got the key took the packages and clearly opened them before returning them either to the the mail area or leaving it outside my door. What are the odds these weirdos just blindly tore open these packages without looking at the labels to see where it came from? This latest one was a poster tube, too. Look at the damn labels, people.

How do 2 different packages meant for you wind up in somebody else's doorway/ mailbox or whatever? I guess you're lucky they didn't want whatever it was that you had ordered. If it were me, I'd start ordering some really weird stuff just to mess with whomever is doing this.

Perhaps something from here https://mcphee.com/

I'd recommend this https://mcphee.com/collections/unicorns ... n-for-cats
Last edited by biittner77 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:44 pm

biittner77 wrote:

How do 2 different packages meant for you wind up in somebody else's doorway/ mailbox or whatever? I guess you're lucky they didn't want whatever it was that you had ordered. If it were me, I'd start ordering some really weird stuff just to mess with whomever is doing this.

Both from eBay, which keeps chopping off the number of my apartment if I use PayPal and then don't remember to manually correct it, so when it shows up the post office either says it's not deliverable, or the mail person seemingly guesses and puts it in the package locker for the wrong cluster of apartments and puts the key for that in whichever of that cluster he thinks is my place.
0 x

Agony and Ivy
All-Star

Postby Agony and Ivy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:01 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
biittner77 wrote:

Both from eBay, which keeps chopping off the number of my apartment if I use PayPal and then don't remember to manually correct it, so when it shows up the post office either says it's not deliverable, or the mail person seemingly guesses and puts it in the package locker for the wrong cluster of apartments and puts the key for that in whichever of that cluster he thinks is my place.

About a year ago I had a box on my doorstep that looked like a package I was expecting but didn't need right away. Well a full two months goes by and I finally get around to opening this package that I thought was some baseball memorabilia and it turns out it was some special edition video game that was meant for apartment 3044 instead of 3034. I didn't know the person in 3044. Since it had been a few months I was completely unsure of what to do. I took it over to the apartment and explained and it was funny but it was horsefeathering awkward.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Agony and Ivy wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
biittner77 wrote:

About a year ago I had a box on my doorstep that looked like a package I was expecting but didn't need right away. Well a full two months goes by and I finally get around to opening this package that I thought was some baseball memorabilia and it turns out it was some special edition video game that was meant for apartment 3044 instead of 3034. I didn't know the person in 3044. Since it had been a few months I was completely unsure of what to do. I took it over to the apartment and explained and it was funny but it was horsefeathering awkward.

Hah! Did they say they had tried to get a refund or anything?
0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:14 pm

biittner77 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:How do 2 different packages meant for you wind up in somebody else's doorway/ mailbox or whatever?

7 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:31 pm

And while I've never opened up a package that was meant to be sent to someone else, I did definitely open a neighbor's W-2 form that was put in my mailbox by mistake since I was waiting for mine to show up, too. Taking that to him was REAL awkward.
1 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:And while I've never opened up a package that was meant to be sent to someone else, I did definitely open a neighbor's W-2 form that was put in my mailbox by mistake since I was waiting for mine to show up, too. Taking that to him was REAL awkward.

I swear every time that I've moved in my life the previous tenant was in some kind of deep horsefeathers with the IRS. I never opened their mail, but it's not hard to know when the IRS is angry with you....the envelopes aren't subtle.
2 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:34 pm

adults who brag about using chew are odd individuals.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:36 pm

5 x

Agony and Ivy
All-Star

Postby Agony and Ivy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:59 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Agony and Ivy wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Hah! Did they say they had tried to get a refund or anything?

It was a woman that was actually really friendly about it after I explained that I was thinking of just throwing it away and disavowing all knowledge of the situation. It was a gift for her now ex-boyfriend and when she mentioned that I thought it would've been a good Seinfeld episode.
1 x

Thurman Merman
Starter

Postby Thurman Merman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:41 am

So basically you're Jerry, her not giving him the video game was the cause of their breakup, you start dating her, he dates Elaine, elaine gets Kramer to steal the video game from the girl, they both find out and break up with Elaine and you and in end she turns out to be a racist.
3 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:54 am

Yeah, all that's missing is you trying to get her to pass out from turkey and wine so you can play with the baseball stuff.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:00 am

It's been a while since I lived in apartments, but I used to get really pissed off when UPS/FedEx would let the first random resident they saw sign for your package. My parents sent me several packages (including some birthday gifts) that were stolen by people who signed for the package with the carrier
0 x

Omar
Superstar

Postby Omar » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Ddi you know who took them? isn't that a sue-able offense?
0 x
┌( ◔_◔)┘

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:33 pm

Nope, don't know who it was; the first time the package was left outside of my door after I left a note, and this time it was put back into the parcel locker for my apartment.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:01 pm

This is a common issue in our town. There are regular reports of package thieves. The bigger non-doorman buildings have varying ways to deal with deliveries. Our friends' building always has stacks of amazon and other deliveries on the ground in entryway.
Our old place was in a brownstone with a separate private entrance a couple steps off sidewalk in plain view of passersby. Diapers.com delivered boxes regularly and just left them on stoop and for about a year we never had a problem, then one was stolen and we stopped using that option. I always get stuff delivered to office.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:24 pm

We got snow yesterday but all we got out of it was a 2 hour delay to start school. Had we been closed, they might have made us come on Memorial Day which would have really sucked on a number of different levels.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:54 am

Letter soup refuses to acknowledge either dong or dongs as a word.
0 x

Omar
Superstar

Postby Omar » Tue May 01, 2018 7:22 pm

why are pitching machines so expensive?
0 x
┌( ◔_◔)┘

DiceMan4221
All-Star

Postby DiceMan4221 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:59 pm

Omar wrote:why are pitching machines so expensive?

...is this an Edwin Jackson joke without the punchline?
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri May 04, 2018 4:25 pm

How do seemingly fully functioning adults who routinely chew with their mouths open NOT hear the chorus of disgusting sounds coming from themselves?
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri May 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:How do seemingly fully functioning adults who routinely chew with their mouths open NOT hear the chorus of disgusting sounds coming from themselves?

I know one that not only chews with her mouth open but stares people in the eyes while chewing. it’s the most off-putting thing ever. and I’ve brought it to her attention multiple times
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri May 04, 2018 4:46 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:How do seemingly fully functioning adults who routinely chew with their mouths open NOT hear the chorus of disgusting sounds coming from themselves?

I know one that not only chews with her mouth open but stares people in the eyes while chewing. it’s the most off-putting thing ever. and I’ve brought it to her attention multiple times

It's not one, but two different dudes who do it in my office, and each has complained behind the other's back about how gross the other guy's chewing is.

In my old office I was stuck next to a guy who sounded like he was a cow chewing cud, but he had the excuse of wearing headphones most of the time and being a complete dick who did not care at all about whether people could hear him chewing or not. He flat out sounded like the Simpsons would in the old episodes when they would gobble down their food, and then he'd cap it off by loudly sucking each of his fingers clean.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri May 04, 2018 4:55 pm

I often have to hear about my wife's coworker and his gross loud chewing sounds. How does anyone raise a child without correcting this before they reach adulthood?
1 x

Return to “Rants”