Tweets are too big on mobile

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 67966
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 981
x 1878

Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby Derwood » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:09 pm

Imbedded Tweets are oversized on the mobile site (iOS Safari). There is a scroll bar that shows up, but I can’t make it work
0 x

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 44863
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 76
x 2205
Contact:

Re: Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby Tim » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Use Android. Apple sucks.
1 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58560
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2326
x 7756

Re: Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:20 pm

that's really weird, it just started doing that for me too
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 67966
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 981
x 1878

Re: Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby Derwood » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:36 pm

Tim wrote:Use Android. Apple sucks.


Never
1 x

Janelle-Alexis
Role Player
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:52 am
x 7
x 40

Re: Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby Janelle-Alexis » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:46 pm

Derwood wrote:Imbedded Tweets are oversized on the mobile site (iOS Safari). There is a scroll bar that shows up, but I can’t make it work


You have to drag left to move the scroll bar right.
0 x

User avatar
treebird
chinese food
Posts: 20757
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:25 am
x 2650
x 1761

Re: Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby treebird » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:22 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:that's really weird, it just started doing that for me too


same
0 x

User avatar
Thurman Merman
Starter
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:43 pm
x 430
x 137

Re: Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby Thurman Merman » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:43 pm

treebird wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:that's really weird, it just started doing that for me too


same

Edit: actually I forgot it was my work iPhone that had the problem, not my pixel
0 x

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36825
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1037
x 1387

Re: Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:53 am

This is lame. What changed?
0 x
Image

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32469
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2173
x 5566
Contact:

Re: Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:02 am

Tim wrote:Use Android. Apple sucks.


someone finish this guy off
4 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 55632
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 420
x 5819

Re: Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:40 pm

it appears to only be iPhone, and only in portrait. Landscape on iPhone works, and both portrait and landscape work on iPad. So something about how Safari handles page width, I'd guess.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66239
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 4949
x 4959

Re: Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby Banedon » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:49 pm

A quick google search shows that it's happening on at least one other forum.

https://syracusefan.com/threads/tweets- ... le.132434/
0 x
Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 67966
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 981
x 1878

Re: Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby Derwood » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:52 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:it appears to only be iPhone, and only in portrait. Landscape on iPhone works, and both portrait and landscape work on iPad. So something about how Safari handles page width, I'd guess.


I’m guessing it is something from Twitter’s end, unless there was a board software update that screwed things up
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 67966
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 981
x 1878

Re: Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby Derwood » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:52 pm

It seems to be fixed
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58560
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2326
x 7756

Re: Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:53 pm

Does not seem to be a problem now
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 55632
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 420
x 5819

Re: Tweets are too big on mobile

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:55 pm

Derwood wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:it appears to only be iPhone, and only in portrait. Landscape on iPhone works, and both portrait and landscape work on iPad. So something about how Safari handles page width, I'd guess.


I’m guessing it is something from Twitter’s end, unless there was a board software update that screwed things up


Chrome doesn't appear to have the problem, so the change is likely either Twitter or Safari, but it does seem localized to Safari.
0 x


Return to “Site Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests