Rate My Fantasy Team

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Rate My Fantasy Team

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Anyone want to do a rate my team thread this year?

I mentioned my draft in another thread but...12 team, 0.5 PPR, had the 2nd pick. This is an annual league and last year my team had a rash of injuries so I sold off guys for 2nd round picks from the top 2 teams in the league. So I started with the 2nd, 13th, 14th, 23rd and 26th picks. Because of keepers and other trades, I did not have a pick from rounds 5-8.

Start 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR and this league annually has a huge QB run early in the draft.

So all that explained:

QB1 - K. Cousins (3.2)
QB2 - A. Smith (4.11)
RB1 - L. Bell (1.2)
RB2 - D. Cook (5.2 - Keeper)
RB3 - A. Collins (7.2 - Keeper)
WR1 - J. Jones (2.1 - Trade from last year)
WR2 - M. Thomas (2.2 - Trade from last year)
WR3 - T. Hill (2.11)
WR4 - M. Goodwin (9.2)
TE - T. Burton (10.11)
DEF - Denver (12.11)
K - J. Elliott (16.11)
BN RB - Aaron Jones (13.2)
BN RB - S. Perine (15.2 - dropped for Adrian Peterson today)
BN WR - D. Parker (11.2)
BN WR - C. Godwin (14.11)

Obviously my QBs need work although I don't hate them they just lack a top tier guy. But RB and WR turned out great IMO, Goodwin and Burton seem to be rising up peoples boards daily and Peterson is a lottery ticket.
0 x
Win it for Fred

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Re: Rate My Fantasy Team

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:38 pm

Because of the draft trades your team is obviously awesome, but I'm not used to 2 QB leagues. If those tier of QBs go that early, I would think you'd want to stash a 3rd QB on your roster, right? Or at this point is it just dredges on the waiver wire so it doesn't matter anyhow? I mean, if its a keeper league, there has to be some value to stashing guys like Bridgewater or Jackson or other current backups/rookies that could be feasable fantasy starters if given the chance.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:02 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:Because of the draft trades your team is obviously awesome, but I'm not used to 2 QB leagues. If those tier of QBs go that early, I would think you'd want to stash a 3rd QB on your roster, right? Or at this point is it just dredges on the waiver wire so it doesn't matter anyhow? I mean, if its a keeper league, there has to be some value to stashing guys like Bridgewater or Jackson or other current backups/rookies that could be feasable fantasy starters if given the chance.

Yeah eventually I will need a 3rd QB for obvious reasons. Actually, the league used to be 2 QBs start, now its 1 QB, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE flex, but everyone starts 2 QBs unless they can't because QBs score more points (this league a passing TD is +6). So there is some wiggle room if i get caught in a bye week situation without 2 startable QBs.

To give you an idea of how QB crazy this league is at the top of the draft: 14 QBs were taken in the first 3 rounds. Blake Bortles was a 4th round pick. Good point though, I really should have grabbed Jackson as my last pick and had him as a 16th round keeper for next year. Kicking myself now.
0 x
Win it for Fred

CubsWin
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubsWin » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:13 pm

UMFan83 wrote:Anyone want to do a rate my team thread this year?

I mentioned my draft in another thread but...12 team, 0.5 PPR, had the 2nd pick. This is an annual league and last year my team had a rash of injuries so I sold off guys for 2nd round picks from the top 2 teams in the league. So I started with the 2nd, 13th, 14th, 23rd and 26th picks. Because of keepers and other trades, I did not have a pick from rounds 5-8.

Start 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR and this league annually has a huge QB run early in the draft.

So all that explained:

QB1 - K. Cousins (3.2)
QB2 - A. Smith (4.11)
RB1 - L. Bell (1.2)
RB2 - D. Cook (5.2 - Keeper)
RB3 - A. Collins (7.2 - Keeper)
WR1 - J. Jones (2.1 - Trade from last year)
WR2 - M. Thomas (2.2 - Trade from last year)
WR3 - T. Hill (2.11)
WR4 - M. Goodwin (9.2)
TE - T. Burton (10.11)
DEF - Denver (12.11)
K - J. Elliott (16.11)
BN RB - Aaron Jones (13.2)
BN RB - S. Perine (15.2 - dropped for Adrian Peterson today)
BN WR - D. Parker (11.2)
BN WR - C. Godwin (14.11)

Obviously my QBs need work although I don't hate them they just lack a top tier guy. But RB and WR turned out great IMO, Goodwin and Burton seem to be rising up peoples boards daily and Peterson is a lottery ticket.

Love the Godwin pick in the 14th. Like him better than Parker. Good move picking up AP.

Given the rest of your team, your QBs should be fine, but yes, picking up a 3 QB would be smart. Are any of the rookie QBs still available? Someone with upside who could play in the 2nd half?
0 x
”I do sincerely hope the Cubs win a World Series. After I die.” - Jerry Reinsdorf, January, 2015. Sorry you had to witness that, Jer...

Return to “General Fantasy Sports Discussions”