Week 10: Lions at Bears Sunday noon on Fox

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Re: Week 10: Lions at Bears Sunday noon on Fox

Postby rawaction » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:40 am

UMFan83 wrote:Maybe I’m too high on the wins over all the lowly teams but serious question: why can’t we win the Super Bowl this year? We have issues but, if Mitch plays closer to this week than he has in other weeks, none of them are enough to dismiss their ability to win.

Maybe I will get a reality check next week or especially against the Rams but for the first time I’m not immediately dismissing the notion that we can win a title

Honestly, this team has all the elements. It seems like nobody had anything good to say about Trubisky this week, but the Bears offense is quietly up there with the elite offenses in the league. They are right at 30 ppg, which is elite. We already know about the defense. They may not be putting up historically elite numbers, but they are clearly as good as any defense in the league. They sack the QB, force turnovers, and stop the run.

Today showed why they are a dangerous team. If they can execute early on offense, while getting a couple stops on D. They can get up early and allow the defense to pin their ears back. The NFL is a passing league, but the key is forcing teams to have to pass. It's how you get a pass rush, and that is how you get turnovers.
0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:47 am

UMFan83 wrote:Maybe I’m too high on the wins over all the lowly teams but serious question: why can’t we win the Super Bowl this year? We have issues but, if Mitch plays closer to this week than he has in other weeks, none of them are enough to dismiss their ability to win.

Maybe I will get a reality check next week or especially against the Rams but for the first time I’m not immediately dismissing the notion that we can win a title

Two reasons we won't win the Super Bowl this year:

1) Only one team can, and NO and LA both look like better versions of us.

2) Mack and the rest of the defense tend to get tired and disappear at times.

But yeah, this team is really good.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:50 am

I think they’re good, but I don’t see them beating the Saints, Rams (both on the road) and an AFC team (Chiefs/Pats let’s assume) 3 straight games and that’s assuming beating the Panthers/Vikings most likely in WC weekend.
Last edited by Cubswin11 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:50 am

The path to the SB is thru both LA and NO, both likely on the road.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:52 am

Cubswin11 wrote:I think they’re good, but I don’t see them beating the Saints, Rams and a AFC team (Chiefs/Pats let’s assume) 3 straight games and that’s assuming beating the Panthers/Vikings most likely in WC weekend.

Bears may not need to beat 3 in a row. Every year the playoffs see an upset or two.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:15 am

Brian707 wrote:

The path to the SB is thru both LA and NO, both likely on the road.

This is true but we’ve played 9 games this year and in my book have yet to look like an inferior team in any of them. Yes the schedule has been light and yes maybe the Pats outplayed us but it’s hard for me to say the Bears would definitely lose at LA or NO until I see a team clearly outplay the Bears. And heck 70 degree LA temps with a Stadium 60% full of Bears fans isn’t the worst road environment to play in. The Superdome always terrifies me though.
0 x
Win it for Fred

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:18 am

The bears are really good and of course could win a Superbowl (which would be awesome with me $10 100-1 bet lmao) but they probably aren't getting a bye and that makes the road difficult for any team. Especially with the two teams that would be in their path.

But who knows... Maybe they can beat the Rams and help themselves overtake them.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:28 am

I feel like the Bears need to beat the Vikings and Packers at home before getting too giddy about their playoff run. Winning all 3 of those upcoming games would def put them on everyones target, however.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:16 am

So good day for the playoff odds with all the 4-4 teams losing.

Current playoffs
Bye:
1. LA Rams
2. NO Saints
WC;
3. CHI Bears vs 6. MIN Vikings
4. WAS Slurs vs 5. CAR Panthers

In the hunt (+ Games behind WC, + Games behind div);
7. GB Packers (+1, +1.5)
8. ATL Falcons (+1.5, +4)
9. SEA Seahawks (+1.5, +4.5)
10. DAL Cowboys (+1.5, +2)
11. PHI Eagles (+1.5, +2)
The rest;
TAM, DET, ARI, SF, NYG
1 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Before the second quarter started, I announced that it was Anthony Miller's turn to take over after Allen Robinson went crazy in the first, and my Lion's fan buddy got really quiet with me for the rest of the game after Miller exploded exactly as I declared. Fun game. Parkey even made it fun, and I had him starting on 2 fantasy teams.
0 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Young Mitchell was very impressive yesterday. More of that Biscuit, plz.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:49 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
Wilson A2000 wrote:The postgame guys on 780 wondered if Parkey is practicing at least one day a week at Soldier Field because a lot of them the last 20-30 years did. Was every kick hitting the right goal post too?

He hit three rights and a left.

I swear I watched the first XP go through the uprights. Everyone in the house did. We were shocked to come back from commercial and see 6-0. They never showed a replay. I had no idea until now that he hit the upright on that kick, too.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Old Style wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
Wilson A2000 wrote:The postgame guys on 780 wondered if Parkey is practicing at least one day a week at Soldier Field because a lot of them the last 20-30 years did. Was every kick hitting the right goal post too?

I swear I watched the first XP go through the uprights. Everyone in the house did. We were shocked to come back from commercial and see 6-0. They never showed a replay. I had no idea until now that he hit the upright on that kick, too.

Was your sound down or were you distracted? It was pretty obvious he hit it watching live, but at the time I was the only person in the living room so maybe that made it easier to watch.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:21 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Old Style wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:

Was your sound down or were you distracted? It was pretty obvious he hit it watching live, but at the time I was the only person in the living room so maybe that made it easier to watch.

We were busy singing Bear Down like we do after every TD. Lol.
1 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:03 pm

1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:14 pm

I don't take a thing away from Mitch, just like I didn't in his first monster game, as teams face awful defenses all the time and don't have big games like this. That said, why does it seem like people were a lot more dismissive of the TB game than this one? Detroit's pass defense is pretty much just as bad as Tampa's, and they were without Darius Slay.

Many are saying this is his best game as a pro, which, maybe it is, but I don't see why it's so clearly better than that game (if it even is).
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:21 pm

David wrote:I don't take a thing away from Mitch, just like I didn't in his first monster game, as teams face awful defenses all the time and don't have big games like this. That said, why does it seem like people were a lot more dismissive of the TB game than this one? Detroit's pass defense is pretty much just as bad as Tampa's, and they were without Darius Slay.

Many are saying this is his best game as a pro, which, maybe it is, but I don't see why it's so clearly better than that game (if it even is).

I didn't remember people being dismissive of the TB game until after the bye week when they [expletive] the bed in the first half against Miami. I relished the Tampa game as it won me my fantasy week. People were pretty giddy about it.
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:36 pm

Nagy said it was his best game, that's good enough for me.
0 x

Chocolate Milk
5-Time All-Star

Postby Chocolate Milk » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:42 pm

I think the TB game seemed a little flukier. He was really struggling the previous 3 games (2 td / 3 int / 0 touchdowns in 2/3 games) then all the sudden he blows it out for 6 tds with guys running wide open all over the field. Since then he's had several other good games so this feels like more of a trend.

For me, he just seemed more in control this game. He didn't have any of those wtf throws and several times he ran through his progressions and threw the ball where in the past I think he would have just scrambled around like a maniac.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:57 pm

that little slant pass to robinson that he broke was my favorite play of the year. Robinson just kind of skips for a few steps then he's off to the races.

0 x

Chocolate Milk
5-Time All-Star

Postby Chocolate Milk » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:21 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:that little slant pass to robinson that he broke was my favorite play of the year. Robinson just kind of skips for a few steps then he's off to the races.

Awesome play. On Robinson's other touchdown, he beat the guy right off the line as well. Guy immediately put his head down to run because he was beat instantly.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:24 pm

1 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:34 pm

2 x

Return to “Other Sports”