Trade targets 2019

Tryptamine
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5781
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:13 pm
x 4
x 81

Re: Trade targets 2019

Postby Tryptamine » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:32 pm

Can we stop trying to destroy the farm? I'd rather not have to wait the better part of a decade to be competitive again after 2021.
0 x

User avatar
HawkeTrackler
Role Player
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:43 pm
x 230
x 61

Re: Trade targets 2019

Postby HawkeTrackler » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Tryptamine wrote:Can we stop trying to destroy the farm? I'd rather not have to wait the better part of a decade to be competitive again after 2021.


Banedon wrote:Despite what the naysayers would have you believe, the Cubs are still in their "window" to win. If you can get some really good piece of the puzzle, and it requires you gutting the farm system to do it...so be it. There's not really that much to gut, is there? Regardless...we don't have any untouchable prospects, imo. World Series now. Worry about the future in the future.
5 x
Friend of Nature and all-around Nice Boy. I know most of the states and all of the meals.

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6431
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 495
x 544

Re: Trade targets 2019

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:27 pm

Also the farm would recover plus these things are almost never as bad as the initial reaction makes it seem

Also also the farm has a little bit of coverage this year because the Cubs can include ML depth in a trade

OTOH I’m just writing words
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7664
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 200
x 2529

Re: Trade targets 2019

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:27 pm

JMO but there is no one on the farm Theo should balk at moving for an impact piece that helps the big league club (all caveats about quality of return, how long controlled, etc., etc. apply of course).
0 x

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 3379
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 1028
x 1132

Re: Trade targets 2019

Postby squally1313 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:34 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:JMO but there is no one on the farm Theo should balk at moving for an impact piece that helps the big league club (all caveats about quality of return, how long controlled, etc., etc. apply of course).

This is far from fully thought out, but I think given the current roster, it would take a major injury, probably in the starting rotation, to start talking about the top names in the system. We don't have anyone good enough to land a top bat (Rendon, Lindor), and I doubt they're going to give up a top guy to bolster the bullpen after getting Kimbrel.
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24073
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 6853
x 4927

Re: Trade targets 2019

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:13 pm

squally1313 wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:JMO but there is no one on the farm Theo should balk at moving for an impact piece that helps the big league club (all caveats about quality of return, how long controlled, etc., etc. apply of course).

This is far from fully thought out, but I think given the current roster, it would take a major injury, probably in the starting rotation, to start talking about the top names in the system. We don't have anyone good enough to land a top bat (Rendon, Lindor), and I doubt they're going to give up a top guy to bolster the bullpen after getting Kimbrel.

I think we could get Rendon if we wanted, he’s a pure rental. But agree we don’t have enough for Lindor at this moment. Maybe between the winter and next deadline we do assuming guys keep growing (real chance of having multiple top 25-50 guys). I don’t see us making a big trade until the offseason. I think they’re content adding a Watson type or Smith (if the price isn’t crazy) and maybe a utility bat type and being set for this year.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24073
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 6853
x 4927

Re: Trade targets 2019

Postby Cubswin11 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:14 pm

I think I could be talked in to Alex Gordon as a target, he’ll be owed ~$14 mil this year yet ($20 mil salary this year, $4 buyout next year becomes a $4 trade bonus if traded) and then there’s a mutual option next year. He’s hitting .270/.350/.470, 10 Dongs, 8% BB 16% K rates, 116 wRC+. He’s at .280/.350/.500 vs RHP this year. Probably won’t cost much.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6431
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 495
x 544

Re: Trade targets 2019

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:I think I could be talked in to Alex Gordon as a target, he’ll be owed ~$14 mil this year yet ($20 mil salary this year, $4 buyout next year becomes a $4 trade bonus if traded) and then there’s a mutual option next year. He’s hitting .270/.350/.470, 10 Dongs, 8% BB 16% K rates, 116 wRC+. He’s at .280/.350/.500 vs RHP this year. Probably won’t cost much.


Works for me, still a strong defensive OF too
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image

chopsx9
Starter
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:22 am
x 9
x 30

Re: Trade targets 2019

Postby chopsx9 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:19 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:I think I could be talked in to Alex Gordon as a target, he’ll be owed ~$14 mil this year yet ($20 mil salary this year, $4 buyout next year becomes a $4 trade bonus if traded) and then there’s a mutual option next year. He’s hitting .270/.350/.470, 10 Dongs, 8% BB 16% K rates, 116 wRC+. He’s at .280/.350/.500 vs RHP this year. Probably won’t cost much.


Works for me, still a strong defensive OF too


Hasn't he said he's not playing for anyone other than KC?
0 x
Stone added: "Lou's probably grumpy, because he only went 3-for-11 against me with no RBIs."

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 3416
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 477

Re: Trade targets 2019

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:06 pm

I want Howie Kendrick and Hunter Pence
1 x

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 2273
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Still loving the Cubs, despite the hot takes on this board lately!
x 347
x 395

Re: Trade targets 2019

Postby PackLandVA » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:54 pm

I would struggle to cheer for Hunter Pence if he were a Cub. The way he runs, throws, bats and fields a ball seem so annoying to me. Also don't dig the homeless man / David Crowder look.
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

Hunter
Starter
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:09 pm
x 41
x 156

Re: Trade targets 2019

Postby Hunter » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:22 am

PackLandVA wrote:I would struggle to cheer for Hunter Pence if he were a Cub. The way he runs, throws, bats and fields a ball seem so annoying to me. Also don't dig the homeless man / David Crowder look.


Still has crazy eyes but he shaved down the homeless beard.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 3416
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 477

Re: Trade targets 2019

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:03 am

Hes still a good hitter and he doubled his launch angle this year compared to career average. 92 average EV and I believe his sprint speed is equal to Bryant. Hed be a solid addition.

Kendrick has also doubled his launch angle and is having a career year. Versatile enough to handle 5 positions passably.
0 x


Return to “Transactions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest