Myrtle Beach lost 6-1 Box Score

South Bend lost 4-1 Box Score
0 x

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Minor League Discussion & Boxes, 5-18-19

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Sat May 18, 2019 2:42 pm

Haven’t read this yet but gonna go ahead and post it here:

I believe he’ll be interviewing Tyson Miller soon too.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sat May 18, 2019 10:48 pm

From AZPhil:

HAGSAG: The best all-around Cubs position-players at EXST are Brennen Davis, Luis Verdugo, Fabian Pertuz, and Edmond Americaan, the best hitters (hard contact rate in games) are Yonathan Perlaza, Luis Diaz, Abraham Rodriguez, Verdugo, and B. Davis, the best HR power (elevated swing angle) are A. Rodriguez, Carlos Morfa, Orian Nunez, Rafael Mejia, and Pertuz, the best catching prospect is Jonathan Soto, the fastest runners are Fernando Kelli, Rochest Cruz, and Americaan, the best defensive infielders are Verdugo, Pertuz, and Pedro Martinez, the best defensive outfielders are B. Davis, Kelli, Americaan, and Ezequiel Pagan, the best pitching prospects are Jose Albertos, Yovanny Cruz, Richard Gallardo, Yunior Perez, and Danis Correa, and the highest FB velo pitchers are Albertos, Y. Perez, Correa, and Willy Cabrera (FB regularly sits at 93-96 for all four of them).
2 x
Spoiler: show

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun May 19, 2019 3:28 am

Christopher Morel’s been doing better at SB lately. Hopefully he’s just starting to believe in himself
0 x
Spoiler: show

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sun May 19, 2019 5:09 am

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:Haven’t read this yet but gonna go ahead and post it here:

I believe he’ll be interviewing Tyson Miller soon too.

Nothing too special or insightful in the article, but this stood out:

“I think consistency with my delivery has helped me a lot with my command. Being able to throw in the pitching lab in Arizona and breaking everything down with the footage that we have helps give you another look. I feel that all my pitches are out pitches if you have the right plan and consistency that day.” -- C. Abbott

Pitchers keep mentioning the pitching lab in Arizona and how much it's helped them. That was a great investment by the Cubs.
1 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

Return to “Minor Leagues”