El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:40 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:THE TRAILER came out two months ago
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:42 pm

I've seen a different trailer then the one I posted, first time I've seen that one.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:00 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:28 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:THE TRAILER

https://www.netflix.com/title/81078819

5 x

NonProfitCow
All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:33 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:THE TRAILER

https://www.netflix.com/title/81078819

THE SPINOFF

3 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:48 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
1 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:19 pm

This movie wasn’t perfect but it’s probably as close as Gilligan could’ve gotten.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Haven't watched it all yet but..
Spoiler: show
When I'm done I'm going to play the scene from Felina where Jesse kills Todd over and over again.
0 x
Win it for Fred

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Also...

(watch for some Huell action)
0 x
Win it for Fred

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:45 pm

horsefeathering Huell isn’t in the movie. Dammit, Gilligan!

But seriously, I found it a bit odd that the first trailer with Skinny Pete being interrogated by the DEA wasn’t even in the movie.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Old Style wrote:
horsefeathering Huell isn’t in the movie. Dammit, Gilligan!

But seriously, I found it a bit odd that the first trailer with Skinny Pete being interrogated by the DEA wasn’t even in the movie.

The second doesn't surprise me at all, and I honestly would have been disappointed if it was; the whole thing was shot, written and acted like it was a promo.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:25 pm

OK just finished it.
I'd give it a solid 7.5 or 8 out of 10. Definitely had a Breaking Bad feel to it and the quality was on par with the show. I was surprised on how well they were able to give me the same feeling of tension I had when watching the series. I'm not 100% sold on the pivotal Wild West Showdown scene. Surely there was a better option for getting the $1800 he needed. I hate that he needed to take 2 more lives before escaping, even if they were bad people. Overall though, it was a good coda to the series and definitely doesn't ruin any of the ending to the show. I can't help but feel something was missing though, but can't really put my finger on what.
0 x
Win it for Fred

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:34 am

dang

nice performance for Robert Forster to premiere on the day that he passed
1 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:10 am

Brian wrote:dang

nice performance for Robert Forster to premiere on the day that he passed

i just finished el camino, that sucks
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:35 am

Just finished it tonight. It was good and BB fans shouldn't complain. It didn't add much to the story overall, but I guess we can rest easy knowing Jesse got away and could start anew somewhere.

I got goosebumps at some parts and my favorite scenes were at the very beginning watching the interaction between old friends (Jesse, Badger and Skinny Pete). I honestly would've preferred just watching the three of them catch up and figure out how to help Jesse escape.

No Huell and no Walt jr. eating breakfast lol. Still, it featured plenty of cameos. Maybe more scenes between Walt and Jesse at different points in their partnership? That would've been cool, but it was honestly jarring how old Jesse looked in the flashbacks.

Last thought is that I think wanting to start over in Alaska is dumb, but it makes more sense now. If you can start over anywhere in the US I'd go to Hawaii without hesitation.

Nevermind. I just realized the vacuum guy drives everyone starting over to their new locations so that makes going to Hawaii impossible. I guess California then...

Also, I now demand Vince Gilligan make a spin-off about Badger and Skinny Pete doing dumb horsefeathers.
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:38 pm

The cameo that surprised me most...

Wasn't Cranston...cuz duh.

But I actually said "Holy horsefeathers" out loud when Kristen Ritter popped on screen.
0 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:59 pm

Banedon wrote:The cameo that surprised me most...

Wasn't Cranston...cuz duh.

But I actually said "Holy horsefeathers" out loud when Kristen Ritter popped on screen.

Same
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:45 pm

Todd gained a little weight. His character always seemed the oddest to me, quiet, unassuming, and yet brutally cut-throat and wrapped up with neo-nazis. killer bachelor pad, however.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:55 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Todd gained a little weight. His character always seemed the oddest to me, quiet, unassuming, and yet brutally cut-throat and wrapped up with neo-nazis. killer bachelor pad, however.

Todd was the GD star of that movie. Just the best.

His size had me wondering when this movie was filmed, because he really beefed up for Fargo and that was several years ago.

Also, are spoiler tags necessary in a movie specific thread? I don't think they are. I avoided this one until I saw the movie. Seems pretty easy to do.
2 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:56 pm

How did the welders get a key to Todd's apartment? With his perpetual diarrhea of the mouth it's easy to believe they knew about him hiding large amounts of cash there but the key thing is bugging me.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Old Style wrote:
How did the welders get a key to Todd's apartment? With his perpetual diarrhea of the mouth it's easy to believe they knew about him hiding large amounts of cash there but the key thing is bugging me.

Did they have a key or pick the lock? Either way, they are welders, I just assumed they had an easy way to break in.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:07 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Old Style wrote:

Did they have a key or pick the lock? Either way, they are welders, I just assumed they had an easy way to break in.

I didn't know welders are known to be lock pickers. regardless, they we're exactly outstanding citizens despite being welders. It seems totally believable they would pick the lock
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:16 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:His size had me wondering when this movie was filmed, because he really beefed up for Fargo and that was several years ago.

Looks like he plays this guy in The Irishman so he may have added weight for that...

2 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:21 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Old Style wrote:

I didn't know welders are known to be lock pickers. regardless, they we're exactly outstanding citizens despite being welders. It seems totally believable they would pick the lock

I know welders and they are shady folks, welders that specifically do work for nazis drug dealing slavers are probably very used to doing crime stuff and picking a lock is like intro to crime 101.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:21 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:Did they have a key or pick the lock? Either way, they are welders, I just assumed they had an easy way to break in.

I know welders and they are shady folks, welders that specifically do work for nazis drug dealing slavers are probably very used to doing crime stuff and picking a lock is like intro to crime 101.

hahaha [expletive] shady welders
0 x

Return to “Social”