Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:59 pm

biittner77 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
biittner77 wrote: Crawford, I would guess, isn't thrilled with splitting time with Lehner.

Crawford doesn't have much of a leg to stand on if that's his complaint.

Neither did Seabrook but it's only human nature to think that past performance should count for something. In Crawford's case, he's been better recently after a rough start.

But in the case of Crawford in particular, goalies sharing time is pretty much the norm, and Crawford has missed a ton of time over the past few seasons. He could not have possibly thought he was going to start in most games, or that Colliton is screwing him over.

Now, if he's upset because they've abandoned the concept of defense preventing goals, that's another thing.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:46 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
biittner77 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Crawford doesn't have much of a leg to stand on if that's his complaint.

Neither did Seabrook but it's only human nature to think that past performance should count for something. In Crawford's case, he's been better recently after a rough start.

But in the case of Crawford in particular, goalies sharing time is pretty much the norm, and Crawford has missed a ton of time over the past few seasons. He could not have possibly thought he was going to start in most games, or that Colliton is screwing him over.

Now, if he's upset because they've abandoned the concept of defense preventing goals, that's another thing.

I think they're paying Lehner ~ $5 million to split time with him. I bet if asked, he would rather they had used that money on a better defenseman instead. Objectively, he should understand. Hopefully, he'd be agreeable to a trade. From his perspective, The Hawks have already brought in his replacement and no athlete likes seeing that.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:33 pm

After a brief run of success in November the Blackhawks have lost three in a row in relatively embarrassing fashion. They will probably lose to Boston this Thursday. Then they face a horrible Devils team that just fired their head coach. If they manage to lose both these games, it might be time for them to make a coaching change; however, the guy most likely to fill that interim role is having his past behavior investigated.

Assuming the lack of racist comments, there's probably a good chance he avoids losing his job, but it would be funny if they end up keeping Colliton because the guy that would replace him was a [expletive].
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:15 pm

Colliton needs to go. There are plenty of people that they could bring in on an interim basis. They could just fire Colliton's entire staff en mass instead of making it about Marc Crawford's history of abuse.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:47 am

I thought Hughes had it there, he looks like he's going to be ridiculous had Crawford beat just botched it...Came in to say that Kirby Dach played awesome...Felt like he and Hughes were the two team's best players at times
0 x
Spoiler: show

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:12 am

Sat in front of moms group, they liked me.
2 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:38 pm

With deHaan hurt and out for a while it's time to start actively tanking. As a result, Colliton's job is safe for the rest of the season. He's the perfect coach for tanking since he doesn't have to do anything differently in order to lose games.
0 x

Return to “Other Sports”