Video Game Thread

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Derwood » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:24 pm

Just got The Show 19, and I can't figure out how to double-switch in Franchise mode. In older versions, it would come up as an option when you selected a pitcher from your bullpen, but in this version, it seems like you can only straight swap.

A little help?
0 x

NonProfitCow
All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:28 pm

Derwood wrote:Just got The Show 19, and I can't figure out how to double-switch in Franchise mode. In older versions, it would come up as an option when you selected a pitcher from your bullpen, but in this version, it seems like you can only straight swap.

A little help?

DH: Always On
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:32 pm

NonProfitCow wrote:
Derwood wrote:Just got The Show 19, and I can't figure out how to double-switch in Franchise mode. In older versions, it would come up as an option when you selected a pitcher from your bullpen, but in this version, it seems like you can only straight swap.

A little help?

Well, ok, yes, but outside of that
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:43 am

Derwood wrote:
NonProfitCow wrote:

A little help?

You should be able to double-switch once you use a pinch-hitter in place of your pitcher during their at-bat and move on to the next inning. It should prompt you with “you have a position player on the mound” or something close to that.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:05 am

cl smooth wrote:
Derwood wrote:
NonProfitCow wrote:DH: Always On

You should be able to double-switch once you use a pinch-hitter in place of your pitcher during their at-bat and move on to the next inning. It should prompt you with “you have a position player on the mound” or something close to that.

So you can't do it when you're in the field (i.e. take David Bote out of the game, move Bryant to 3B, put pitcher in Bote's spot)?
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:03 am

Derwood wrote:
cl smooth wrote:
Derwood wrote:

So you can't do it when you're in the field (i.e. take David Bote out of the game, move Bryant to 3B, put pitcher in Bote's spot)?

Good question. I’ve only done it during a pitch change. Can’t recall doing a double switch in another situation.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:47 am

Well now during this game, the Double Switch option magically appeared. Weird
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:53 pm

Time to right some wrongs!!!

I put Russell and Descalso on the trade block, and the Nationals offered me Trea Turner. DONE

Ian Happ called up

Now I just need to get Brad Brach out of here
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:12 am

Wife and kids are going to in-laws for a week; help me choose the video game I’ll buy for this momentous occasion:

-Assassins Creed Odyssey: I’ve played and completed every single assassins creed game and while I enjoyed the gameplay of origins, the story bored me and seemed hard to get into and by the end I was a bit bored of the gameplay. I think I mentioned this on here before but this game seems too much like more of the same thing so I’ve avoided it for a long time despite people recommending it and telling me it’s different

-Spider-Man: Seems awesome and I like superhero games (really enjoyed and miss games like Infamous and Prototype but I’ve never really liked games where the core gameplay is a bunch of melee, punching and kicking and combos

-Days Gone: really liked all the trailers and was excited about it but the reviews were very lukewarm so that killed my excitement. Was hoping for a Last of Us but opened world sort of thing
0 x
Win it for Fred

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:25 am

UMFan83 wrote:Wife and kids are going to in-laws for a week; help me choose the video game I’ll buy for this momentous occasion:

-Assassins Creed Odyssey: I’ve played and completed every single assassins creed game and while I enjoyed the gameplay of origins, the story bored me and seemed hard to get into and by the end I was a bit bored of the gameplay. I think I mentioned this on here before but this game seems too much like more of the same thing so I’ve avoided it for a long time despite people recommending it and telling me it’s different

-Spider-Man: Seems awesome and I like superhero games (really enjoyed and miss games like Infamous and Prototype but I’ve never really liked games where the core gameplay is a bunch of melee, punching and kicking and combos

-Days Gone: really liked all the trailers and was excited about it but the reviews were very lukewarm so that killed my excitement. Was hoping for a Last of Us but opened world sort of thing

Played the first two and loved them both. Just started Days Gone and I like it so far (but haven't played nearly enough to have a firm opinion about it)
0 x

Bertz
All-Star

Postby Bertz » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:54 am

UMFan83 wrote:Wife and kids are going to in-laws for a week; help me choose the video game I’ll buy for this momentous occasion:

Do you like the Arkham games? If you're cool with that combat then Spiderman is a slam dunk.

Have you played God of War yet? I bought it for a similar occasion (wife out of town for the weekend) and it was perfect for the occasion. Amazing experience, and coming from a guy who didn't even really like the older games in the series.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:36 am

I'm in the same boat as you on AC. I have tried several times to play Odyssey, and did play a good chunk of it, but ultimately I just didn't stick with it.

Spider-Man, however, I played the horsefeathers out of for a couple weeks till I finished the story. I didn't do every single side task, but most of them. Great game.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Bertz wrote:

Do you like the Arkham games? If you're cool with that combat then Spiderman is a slam dunk.

Have you played God of War yet? I bought it for a similar occasion (wife out of town for the weekend) and it was perfect for the occasion. Amazing experience, and coming from a guy who didn't even really like the older games in the series.

TBH I never played the Arkham games. I played a demo of one of them and didn’t like all the punching but I never really gave it a good enough try. The idea of swinging around town does interest me though.

Good call on God of War. That was in the back of my mind too as I’ve had some recommend it to me. Haven’t been interest in their games before but the reviews are very positive.
0 x
Win it for Fred

Chocolate Milk
5-Time All-Star

Postby Chocolate Milk » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:42 pm

I'm about done with AC: Odyssey. I'm pushing through the last of the main quest lines (the artifact gathering one). I actually may just look up what the resolution to that quest line online. Really liked it, but it does get repetitive. I'll probably tap after about 75 hours. Game is preposterously easy on normal difficulty. Many of the skills seemed pointless to me so I was just kind of dumping points into various passive skills starting around level 45. No interest in any of the DLC. Well, that makes it sound like I didn't like it, but I really did enjoy playing it.

Next game in the queue is Outer Wilds.
0 x

Chocolate Milk
5-Time All-Star

Postby Chocolate Milk » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:44 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Bertz wrote:

TBH I never played the Arkham games. I played a demo of one of them and didn’t like all the punching but I never really gave it a good enough try. The idea of swinging around town does interest me though.

Good call on God of War. That was in the back of my mind too as I’ve had some recommend it to me. Haven’t been interest in their games before but the reviews are very positive.

I loved God of War. I thought it was great - one of the best games I've played in a while. I like that it somewhat keeps you on rails while still having some open world elements.
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:41 pm

Red Dead Redemption remake is happening. It won’t be a remaster but an actual remake using the RDR2 mechanics.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2019/0 ... tar-games/
0 x

Butterscup
Hall of Fame

Postby Butterscup » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:47 am

OleMissCub wrote:Red Dead Redemption remake is happening. It won’t be a remaster but an actual remake using the RDR2 mechanics.

I don't need it
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:50 am

Butterscup wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:Red Dead Redemption remake is happening. It won’t be a remaster but an actual remake using the RDR2 mechanics.

I don't need it

It had a good story, but it would feel like a giant step backwards from RDR2.

Now a full remake of GTA:San Andreas...that I could go for
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:48 am

Derwood wrote:
Butterscup wrote:

I don't need it

It had a good story, but it would feel like a giant step backwards from RDR2.

Now a full remake of GTA:San Andreas...that I could go for
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:30 am

I'd play it if it's on PC. I never finished it on console.
0 x

Chocolate Milk
5-Time All-Star

Postby Chocolate Milk » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:28 pm

I recommend Outer Wilds for those who haven't played it. It's a space exploration game. You are in this little solar system and you are trying to figure out what happened to this other race whose buildings and technology were left behind. There is a log that neatly organizes these different things you have learned and can provide some gentle prods towards something you should look at. No combat, just flying around and trying to find different things. Really cool concept.
1 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:54 pm

Chocolate Milk wrote:I recommend Outer Wilds for those who haven't played it. It's a space exploration game. You are in this little solar system and you are trying to figure out what happened to this other race whose buildings and technology were left behind. There is a log that neatly organizes these different things you have learned and can provide some gentle prods towards something you should look at. No combat, just flying around and trying to find different things. Really cool concept.

Xbox/PC only. Booooo
0 x

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby javy knows my name » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:16 pm

Chocolate Milk wrote:I recommend Outer Wilds for those who haven't played it. It's a space exploration game. You are in this little solar system and you are trying to figure out what happened to this other race whose buildings and technology were left behind. There is a log that neatly organizes these different things you have learned and can provide some gentle prods towards something you should look at. No combat, just flying around and trying to find different things. Really cool concept.

You made me revisit the trailer for Outer Worlds and now I'm very impatient for October 25th to be here.
1 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:27 am

This game is something else. Thanks for the recommendation
1 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:41 pm

I'm enjoying "Days Gone", but man, is it bleak. It's not as gut-wrenching as "The Last of Us", but it's the same tone.

I'm not really sure what the overarching story is yet (it has just been a series of what feel like side missions to this point).
0 x

Return to “Social”