Video Game Thread

cl smooth
All-Star

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby cl smooth » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:11 pm

the show 19 dropped a honus wagner 99 ovr signature series card yesterday:

in order to obtain him, you need to collect a [expletive] of cards (320 in total from 7 specific card sets).

as of early yesterday evening, only 4 players in the show players pool had him. i am 20 cards away from getting him but that will take me another 2 weeks or so.
0 x

Chocolate Milk
5-Time All-Star

Postby Chocolate Milk » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:22 pm

The Logan wrote:
Chocolate Milk wrote:I recommend Outer Wilds for those who haven't played it. It's a space exploration game. You are in this little solar system and you are trying to figure out what happened to this other race whose buildings and technology were left behind. There is a log that neatly organizes these different things you have learned and can provide some gentle prods towards something you should look at. No combat, just flying around and trying to find different things. Really cool concept.

This game is something else. Thanks for the recommendation

Glad it's been worthwhile for you. I'm at the point where I feel like I've found most of the obvious/easily accessible stuff. Now I'm looking for the more complex or hidden stuff. I love the time aspect too - certain areas are only accessible at certain times during the loop.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:19 pm

I've never played DD before, have no idea what I'm doing, but I feel like the random cards I've pulled from other game modes have started me with a decent-ish team. Should I be doing Conquest mode?
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:04 pm

Derwood wrote:I've never played DD before, have no idea what I'm doing, but I feel like the random cards I've pulled from other game modes have started me with a decent-ish team. Should I be doing Conquest mode?

Do all conquest maps. They are simple and some of them net you good cards for starting out (Eric Gagne, Ty Cobb and Keith Hernandez).

Don’t forget to do the Sony Partners programs. Finish all of the missions and you’ll get a handful of diamond level cards.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:18 pm

cl smooth wrote:
Derwood wrote:I've never played DD before, have no idea what I'm doing, but I feel like the random cards I've pulled from other game modes have started me with a decent-ish team. Should I be doing Conquest mode?

Do all conquest maps. They are simple and some of them net you good cards for starting out (Eric Gagne, Ty Cobb and Keith Hernandez).

Don’t forget to do the Sony Partners programs. Finish all of the missions and you’ll get a handful of diamond level cards.

I have some mediocre rated legends. Are they maybe rookie cards, or "late in their career" cards? I have a 71-rated Ted Williams, and I have Fergie Jenkins as a 72-rated Closer
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:37 pm

Derwood wrote:
cl smooth wrote:

I have some mediocre rated legends. Are they maybe rookie cards, or "late in their career" cards? I have a 71-rated Ted Williams, and I have Fergie Jenkins as a 72-rated Closer

Ted Williams is an Impact Veteran card (late stage in their career or helped a younger team in a pennant chase) and the Fergie Jenkins card is his Rookie card.

If you like Williams, use the show marketplace to put in a buy order for his Rookie card. He’s an 87 ovr diamond and you can get him for maybe 6,000-8,000 stubs. Solid LF for your squad.

Also, most of the Live Series gold cards that are 80, 81 and 82 ovr can be purchased on the show marketplace for 1,000 stubs or so. You can replace whatever bronze or silver (or even common) cards you have in your lineup with better cards on the cheap.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:21 pm

I haven’t poked my nose into the marketplace yet. I have~15,000 stubs right now, and have lucked into pulling some good players like Josh Bell and Jose Iglesias. I also have Griffey from playing his Moments series
0 x

Return to “Social”