Good job gun nuts you did it again

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Good job gun nuts you did it again

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:30 pm

My god
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Re: Good job gun nuts you did it again

Postby SouthSideRyan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:49 pm

Help me out here.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:50 pm

So disheartening. This is some Civil Rights era terrorism. [expletive].

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:52 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:Help me out here.

check the politics thread
Spoiler: show

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:56 pm

Tim wrote:

I thought he was talking about Charleston, not New Jersey since an off duty cop is bound to have a gun even if gun nuts didn't exist.

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:16 pm

Impeccable timing by the New York Times: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/op ... ?referrer=

Lenny
Starter

Postby Lenny » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:31 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:My god

Good job financial, insurance, legal, & political workers who've corrupted our collective consciousness into a myopia about quarterly reports without any regard, thought, or care towards the tens of millions of us who've been left behind by this monster you've created.

My God.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:49 am

Lenny's on team disenfranchised shooter.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:36 am

Or wait, maybe Lenny wants us to know he is the real victim him. Lenny, advertisers, teachers, computer programmers, real estate developers, waitresses, car salesmen, web developers, engineers, PR interns and hordes of others are the victims we should all keep in mind.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:07 am

Sylvia Johnson, who is reportedly a cousin of the reverend killed during last night’s shooting in Charleston, told NBC News that one of the survivors told her the gunman reloaded fives times and told a victim, “I have to do it. You rape our women and you’re taking over our country. And you have to go.”

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:09 am

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:Impeccable timing by the New York Times: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/op ... ?referrer=

Too true.

abuck1220
Hall of Fame

Postby abuck1220 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:15 am

what a thug/savage/animal.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:17 am

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:26 am

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:
Tim wrote:

I thought he was talking about Charleston, not New Jersey since an off duty cop is bound to have a gun even if gun nuts didn't exist.

yeah, the Neptune, NJ cop killing his wife story was a couple days ago and brought to mind an entirely different type of disgust

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:26 am

So what did gun nuts do again? More pointedly, what restrictions did you have in mind that would have prevented this
We are doomed.

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:28 am

Careless wrote:So what did gun nuts do again? More pointedly, what restrictions did you have in mind that would have prevented this

Let the crazy people have as many guns as they want, but tell them they can only shoot pre-existing corpses.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:28 am

Careless wrote:So what did gun nuts do again? More pointedly, what restrictions did you have in mind that would have prevented this

a gun nut bought his kid a gun and that kid killed a bunch of people.

but the gun was already made so they might as well just give it to the people who can't help themselves, right?

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:30 am

wolf stansson
Superstar

Postby wolf stansson » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:40 am

Between this and Rachel Dolezal, my obliviously racist neo-con work neighbor is really walking the line of "about to get punched."

wolf stansson
Superstar

Postby wolf stansson » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:43 am

wolf stansson wrote:Between this and Rachel Dolezal, my obliviously racist neo-con work neighbor is really walking the line of "about to get punched."

"The real shame in this is that all we're going to be hearing about for the next week is racism and gun control."

OH REALLY? THAT'S THE "REAL SHAME" IN THIS STORY YOU [expletive] PILE OF GARBAGE?

I miss racists who knew they were racist and owned it. Those people were easy to deal with.

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:44 am

Restrictions? Why not make it even easier for anyone to get a gun?

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:46 am

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:

Let the crazy people have as many guns as they want, but tell them they can only shoot pre-existing corpses.

Yes, this guy needed many guns to do that. You're not being an idiot.
We are doomed.

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:46 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:

a gun nut bought his kid a gun and that kid killed a bunch of people.

but the gun was already made so they might as well just give it to the people who can't help themselves, right?

Oh, so we need to ban giving guns to adult children? [edit: was this guy an adult? Because it was illegal already if he wasn't] Again, I'm trying to tease out what you think went wrong, because you won't say it.
Last edited by Careless on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are doomed.

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:47 am

Bob Sanders wrote:

Restrictions? Why not make it even easier for anyone to get a gun?

Ok, how would that help?
We are doomed.

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:47 am

Such a [expletive] up world we live in. It saddens me everytime something like this happens. It's all the same.

People who look like the killer, try to either justify the killing or distance themselves from the killer by claiming mental illness. As far as I can tell, anyone who can kill, harm, rape another person is mentally ill. And being mentally ill doesn't make you a potential murderer, nor is it an excuse to be one.

People who look like the victim, try to justify their hatred for the killer. Your hatred is still hatred, whether you think that person is vile enough to deserve to be hated or not.

Yet, in all of these situations, someone loses a son, daughter, brother, sister, mother, father, uncle, aunt, cousin, friend....regardless of which end of the violence they were on, someone is hurt because they lost someone they love. Someone is hurt because someone they love will spend the rest of his/her life without being free.

IDK, maybe I'm the one that has it all wrong. I don't see death as an opportunity to push a firearms agenda, or promote racial harmony/dissention. All I see are opportunities lost for a person to help make the world a better place.

Return to “Social”