Page 1 of 9

2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:59 pm
by abuck1220
games start this weekend...

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:20 pm
by SouthSideRyan
Illinois opens against North Florida on BTN Streaming which I will not be paying for.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:22 pm
by Exile on Waveland
Same ... Indiana opens against Eastern Illinois on BTN Plus, which I won't be paying for.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:37 pm
by SouthSideRyan
Illinois's first 4 games are against non-terrible teams if KenPom is to be believed.

116 North Florida
86 North Dakota St.
61 @Providence
122 Chattanooga

Combined with playing "home" games in Springfield until the ND game, I'm not super confident about being undefeated heading to the preseason tourney vs. UAB/IAST/VT

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:06 pm
by abuck1220
man i don't know who i want iowa st to play more in that tournament...illinois or revenge game vs. UAB.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:20 pm
by UMFan83
Michigan should be interesting this year. Last year they were struggling and that was before 2 of their best 3 players were lost for the season (LaVert and Walton). They still struggled when those guys went down but a bunch of guys that werent expected to be big factors stepped up and they were pretty competitive in just about every game. They probably would have made the NIT if Northwestern didn't hit like 6 improbable 3's in a double OT loss towards the end of the year.

Now pretty much everyone is back along with a random German dude and everyone has them as a 4-8 seed in the tourney. I think its possible they get to that point but not a certainty.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:34 pm
by sneakypower
UMFan83 wrote:Michigan should be interesting this year. Last year they were struggling and that was before 2 of their best 3 players were lost for the season (LaVert and Walton). They still struggled when those guys went down but a bunch of guys that werent expected to be big factors stepped up and they were pretty competitive in just about every game. They probably would have made the NIT if Northwestern didn't hit like 6 improbable 3's in a double OT loss towards the end of the year.

Now pretty much everyone is back along with a random German dude and everyone has them as a 4-8 seed in the tourney. I think its possible they get to that point but not a certainty.

i'm super psyched about this season, and my expectations are that U-M finishes the regular season as a top-10 team; i think we battle for B1G title, too

John Beilein with a Michigan team that's talented and kind of experienced? what's that even like

They probably would have made the NIT if Northwestern didn't hit like 6 improbable 3's in a double OT loss towards the end of the year.

all i remembered from that game was thinking Alex Olah was going to be this year's Frank Kaminsky

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:00 pm
by Butterscup
lock this thread plz

- all mizzou fans

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:42 pm
by CubInOK
So Oklahoma has a basketball team again... that's cool.

-Sooner fans everywhere

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:54 pm
by UMFan83
Wait you have to pay money to stream BTN games that aren't on the air now? That's infuriating.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:55 pm
by Tim
UMFan83 wrote:Wait you have to pay money to stream BTN games that aren't on the air now? That's infuriating.

yep

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:49 pm
by sneakypower
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdMCldifVvk

good to have you back, UM hoops

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:15 pm
by UMFan83
Illinois losing at "home" by 13 to North Florida at halftime. I know North Florida made the tourney last year but come on.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:32 pm
by bukie
That looked like a badly broken finger for Tate. Compound fracture.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:34 pm
by bukie
UMFan83 wrote:Illinois losing at "home" by 13 to North Florida at halftime. I know North Florida made the tourney last year but come on.

This is 3 games running now dating back to last year where the Illini were never really ever in the game. BT Tourney against Michigan, NIT against Alabama, and now here.

Nunn and Black are out today, but this is still poor.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:43 pm
by bukie
Of course, now that I say that, it's a game with 6 to play. This team will be good later in the year, but right now it's not.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:45 pm
by bukie
Rough debut for Jalen Coleman-Lands. 5 fouls and 5 points.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:10 pm
by Butterscup
Butterscup wrote:lock this thread plz

- all mizzou fans


nvm this thread can stay open for at least another day

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:42 pm
by Stannis
bukie wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:Illinois losing at "home" by 13 to North Florida at halftime. I know North Florida made the tourney last year but come on.

This is 3 games running now dating back to last year where the Illini were never really ever in the game. BT Tourney against Michigan, NIT against Alabama, and now here.

Nunn and Black are out today, but this is still poor.


Egad, Groce is gone.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:44 pm
by UMFan83
Wisconsin loses at home to Western Illinois. Umm go Big Ten?

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:59 pm
by Ding Dong Johnson
UMFan83 wrote:Wisconsin loses at home to Western Illinois. Umm go Big Ten?

Iowa beat GW (Gardner-Webb). The first half made me nervous, but they pulled away in the 2nd.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:37 am
by Old Style
I know it's only 1 game against USC Upstate but I'm excited about Texas A&M's potential. We have 4 talented seniors and 4 talented freshman that are going to bring a much more explosive fast paced offense than we are used to seeing. There is plenty of depth, which is nice. I'm looking forward to the Battle 4 Atlantis to see how we match up against some legitimate Top 25 teams.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:47 am
by CaliforniaRaisin
Steve Alford is the second highest paid state employee in California.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:51 am
by NOLA
SEC is going to be a little better this season, but Arkansas will be NIT at best. LSU could be sneaky good, and overall the caliber of coaching league wide is improving.

Re: 2015-2016 college basketball

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:14 pm
by Splendid Splinter
NOLA wrote:SEC is going to be a little better this season, but Arkansas will be NIT at best. LSU could be sneaky good, and overall the caliber of coaching league wide is improving.


I still have a small glimmer of hope that they'll squeak in the tourney, but you're most likely right that NIT is where Arkansas will be.