random rants

Rob
Superstar

Re: random rants

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:25 am

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:If a dood spits in my face, he's going to have something bad happen to him at some point in the future. Need any ideas?

One of the women at my office messed with my desk, so I bought a bag of 500 self-adhesive googly eyes. I'm going to bust into her office and put them all over everything.

But this racist dude has a gun. Best play is just call the cops on him, not screw with him.
1 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:34 am

Rob wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:If a dood spits in my face, he's going to have something bad happen to him at some point in the future. Need any ideas?

One of the women at my office messed with my desk, so I bought a bag of 500 self-adhesive googly eyes. I'm going to bust into her office and put them all over everything.

But this racist dude has a gun. Best play is just call the cops on him, not screw with him.

Agree to disagree.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:41 pm

To make matters worse, his son and my son are good friends. But yeah, the father is a nutter. He use to have a radio show where he’d do a local Rush Limbaugh act. He got fired after calling a female elected official a whore because she supported a gas tax increase. He’s had Facebook run ins with a bunch of neighbors in the past. He posted a picture of a neighbor’s house (who is Black) with the garage window busted out and a basketball hoop laying on the ground, bitching about property value going down. He’s some kind of a lawyer, but I don’t know what area he practices.

He’s a real class act. I should have probably not gone to his house but I was really upset. I felt so bad for the kid and his family.

If you want a listen (https://legalschnauzer.blogspot.com/201 ... n.html?m=1 )
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:57 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:I'm horsefeathering worn out.

Our company is going through some major changes, and 40% of my team has decided now would be a great time to be out. One nearly died (intubated in the ICU for nearly 2 weeks, internal bleeding, etc.), and there's no timetable on his return. Another had some personal family issues pop up. The 3 that I have working are all fairly new to the role. So here I am, trying to manage the team while still doing most of my old job because they did not backfill that position, and now I'm trying to keep things afloat for the 2 guys who won't be back for a bit. My boss has moved on to a new role so everyone is now coming to me for answers he used to provide. I've literally been working 16+ hours a day for about 3 weeks, and I'm still way behind on almost everything.

I'm flying somewhere warm next week and spending all of my time drunk by a pool.

What a horsefeathering difference 2 months make. Our org charts are complete after some massive changes, I’m on to a new role, and 100% of the horsefeathers I was doing before is now behind me. My new VP told us to hit the road as often as we want if we’re fully vaccinated and comfortable doing so. This past week was my first week of work travel in over a year, and it was so satisfying to be out, even if it was just Philly. I’ve moved from the support side to our sales side so dealing with our current and prospective customers will mean even less stress for me.
3 x

Tryptamine
5-Time All-Star

Postby Tryptamine » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:38 pm

This tax season is going to kill me. There are so many more split returns and college age kids going independently for stimulus purposes that the total returns are way up. The tax planning has grown much more complicated, the firm's income has not risen at all despite all the extra work and if they extend the deadline past May 17th, I may go walk into traffic.
0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Our son is almost a year and a half old. My wife and I both have full time jobs, but decided before the kid to keep separate health insurance. We also decided that he would go on my insurance when he was born. You have thirty days from birth to add the kid to your insurance. We got a bill for $5k for the delivery and everything else involved with that. My insurance is refusing to pay because when we walked in to the hospital, he didn't exist yet. Her insurance is refusing to pay because the services were for him, who isn't covered by her insurance. This has to be a situation that has occurred thousands and thousands of times. We have probably called each company ten times, and each time it ends with them telling us to call the other company. Just the dumbest, worst system.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:27 pm

squally1313 wrote:Our son is almost a year and a half old. My wife and I both have full time jobs, but decided before the kid to keep separate health insurance. We also decided that he would go on my insurance when he was born. You have thirty days from birth to add the kid to your insurance. We got a bill for $5k for the delivery and everything else involved with that. My insurance is refusing to pay because when we walked in to the hospital, he didn't exist yet. Her insurance is refusing to pay because the services were for him, who isn't covered by her insurance. This has to be a situation that has occurred thousands and thousands of times. We have probably called each company ten times, and each time it ends with them telling us to call the other company. Just the dumbest, worst system.

That makes no sense. From my recollection, most of the labor charges should go to the mom. My family is the same setup as yours and we had no issue.

Have you tried calling the hospital billing as well? Maybe something got coded wrong.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:40 pm

squally1313 wrote:Our son is almost a year and a half old. My wife and I both have full time jobs, but decided before the kid to keep separate health insurance. We also decided that he would go on my insurance when he was born. You have thirty days from birth to add the kid to your insurance. We got a bill for $5k for the delivery and everything else involved with that. My insurance is refusing to pay because when we walked in to the hospital, he didn't exist yet. Her insurance is refusing to pay because the services were for him, who isn't covered by her insurance. This has to be a situation that has occurred thousands and thousands of times. We have probably called each company ten times, and each time it ends with them telling us to call the other company. Just the dumbest, worst system.

We went through a similar thing but the bill was much higher, despite no complications. Eventually they fixed the glitch.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:44 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:

That makes no sense. From my recollection, most of the labor charges should go to the mom. My family is the same setup as yours and we had no issue.

Have you tried calling the hospital billing as well? Maybe something got coded wrong.

That's probably the case, hospital coded it to our son, who 'didn't exist' when we walked into the hospital per my plan. Her plan is saying he was the patient, it's his insurance. If only there were a way to get Lurie's, Aetna, and BCBS to all talk to each other, instead it's an endless circle of pointless phone calls.
1 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:50 pm

squally1313 wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:

That's probably the case, hospital coded it to our son, who 'didn't exist' when we walked into the hospital per my plan. Her plan is saying he was the patient, it's his insurance. If only there were a way to get Lurie's, Aetna, and BCBS to all talk to each other, instead it's an endless circle of pointless phone calls.

Good luck. Thats frustrating indeed.

You'll probably have a few shots and tests that should actually be billed under your son and you almost certainly won't owe for any of those. Pretty much everything else is for the mom.
0 x

Thurman Merman
Starter

Postby Thurman Merman » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:26 pm

I remember when my son was born October 2016, in the summer of 2017 we were getting letters from the hospital about outstanding bills. We had a lot of back and forth with insurance and the hospital to find out that someone just didn't fill the paperwork out right. Come the end of 2017, it still wasn't settled, but looking at the bright side, we thought at least this will dump over to 2018 and anything we have to pay will be applied to our deductible, giving us a year of cheap(er) healthcare.

Mid January rolls around, and it was finally settled. Of course, what did the insurance company do? Back date everything for December 31st, 2017. Health insurance is the worst.
0 x

Omar
Superstar

Postby Omar » Thu May 06, 2021 3:41 pm

I've worked in the healthcare IT and consulting industry for 9 years. Finally got out of it.

horsefeathers:
- Claims adjudication
- Utilization management (Authorizations)
- inpatient/ER bills
- All the administrative [expletive] and costs when it comes to hospitals and health plans
- Many other things
0 x
┌( ◔_◔)┘ Maybe the real "Cubs Dynasty" was the friends we made along the way.

Return to “Rants”