random rants

User avatar
Rob
Superstar
Posts: 13613
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:33 pm
x 867
x 656

Re: random rants

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:25 am

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:If a dood spits in my face, he's going to have something bad happen to him at some point in the future. Need any ideas?


One of the women at my office messed with my desk, so I bought a bag of 500 self-adhesive googly eyes. I'm going to bust into her office and put them all over everything.

But this racist dude has a gun. Best play is just call the cops on him, not screw with him.
1 x

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7146
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 7333
x 3193

Re: random rants

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:34 am

Rob wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:If a dood spits in my face, he's going to have something bad happen to him at some point in the future. Need any ideas?


One of the women at my office messed with my desk, so I bought a bag of 500 self-adhesive googly eyes. I'm going to bust into her office and put them all over everything.

But this racist dude has a gun. Best play is just call the cops on him, not screw with him.

Agree to disagree.
0 x
"We are at a point in time where comments can be interpreted as racist, sexist, Anti-semitic, etc. depending on the circumstance and the listener." -B2B

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24586
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 596
x 1264

Re: random rants

Postby CubinNY » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:41 pm

To make matters worse, his son and my son are good friends. But yeah, the father is a nutter. He use to have a radio show where he’d do a local Rush Limbaugh act. He got fired after calling a female elected official a whore because she supported a gas tax increase. He’s had Facebook run ins with a bunch of neighbors in the past. He posted a picture of a neighbor’s house (who is Black) with the garage window busted out and a basketball hoop laying on the ground, bitching about property value going down. He’s some kind of a lawyer, but I don’t know what area he practices.

He’s a real class act. I should have probably not gone to his house but I was really upset. I felt so bad for the kid and his family.

If you want a listen (https://legalschnauzer.blogspot.com/201 ... n.html?m=1 )
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 36181
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1138
x 8149

Re: random rants

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:57 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:I'm horsefeathering worn out.

Our company is going through some major changes, and 40% of my team has decided now would be a great time to be out. One nearly died (intubated in the ICU for nearly 2 weeks, internal bleeding, etc.), and there's no timetable on his return. Another had some personal family issues pop up. The 3 that I have working are all fairly new to the role. So here I am, trying to manage the team while still doing most of my old job because they did not backfill that position, and now I'm trying to keep things afloat for the 2 guys who won't be back for a bit. My boss has moved on to a new role so everyone is now coming to me for answers he used to provide. I've literally been working 16+ hours a day for about 3 weeks, and I'm still way behind on almost everything.

I'm flying somewhere warm next week and spending all of my time drunk by a pool.

What a horsefeathering difference 2 months make. Our org charts are complete after some massive changes, I’m on to a new role, and 100% of the horsefeathers I was doing before is now behind me. My new VP told us to hit the road as often as we want if we’re fully vaccinated and comfortable doing so. This past week was my first week of work travel in over a year, and it was so satisfying to be out, even if it was just Philly. I’ve moved from the support side to our sales side so dealing with our current and prospective customers will mean even less stress for me.
3 x
Image

Tryptamine
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6256
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:13 pm
x 13
x 211

Re: random rants

Postby Tryptamine » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:38 pm

This tax season is going to kill me. There are so many more split returns and college age kids going independently for stimulus purposes that the total returns are way up. The tax planning has grown much more complicated, the firm's income has not risen at all despite all the extra work and if they extend the deadline past May 17th, I may go walk into traffic.
0 x

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 4819
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 1657
x 1907

Re: random rants

Postby squally1313 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Our son is almost a year and a half old. My wife and I both have full time jobs, but decided before the kid to keep separate health insurance. We also decided that he would go on my insurance when he was born. You have thirty days from birth to add the kid to your insurance. We got a bill for $5k for the delivery and everything else involved with that. My insurance is refusing to pay because when we walked in to the hospital, he didn't exist yet. Her insurance is refusing to pay because the services were for him, who isn't covered by her insurance. This has to be a situation that has occurred thousands and thousands of times. We have probably called each company ten times, and each time it ends with them telling us to call the other company. Just the dumbest, worst system.
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 15762
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 3834
x 2115

Re: random rants

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:27 pm

squally1313 wrote:Our son is almost a year and a half old. My wife and I both have full time jobs, but decided before the kid to keep separate health insurance. We also decided that he would go on my insurance when he was born. You have thirty days from birth to add the kid to your insurance. We got a bill for $5k for the delivery and everything else involved with that. My insurance is refusing to pay because when we walked in to the hospital, he didn't exist yet. Her insurance is refusing to pay because the services were for him, who isn't covered by her insurance. This has to be a situation that has occurred thousands and thousands of times. We have probably called each company ten times, and each time it ends with them telling us to call the other company. Just the dumbest, worst system.

That makes no sense. From my recollection, most of the labor charges should go to the mom. My family is the same setup as yours and we had no issue.

Have you tried calling the hospital billing as well? Maybe something got coded wrong.
0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 63049
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3631
x 13093

Re: random rants

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:40 pm

squally1313 wrote:Our son is almost a year and a half old. My wife and I both have full time jobs, but decided before the kid to keep separate health insurance. We also decided that he would go on my insurance when he was born. You have thirty days from birth to add the kid to your insurance. We got a bill for $5k for the delivery and everything else involved with that. My insurance is refusing to pay because when we walked in to the hospital, he didn't exist yet. Her insurance is refusing to pay because the services were for him, who isn't covered by her insurance. This has to be a situation that has occurred thousands and thousands of times. We have probably called each company ten times, and each time it ends with them telling us to call the other company. Just the dumbest, worst system.

We went through a similar thing but the bill was much higher, despite no complications. Eventually they fixed the glitch.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 4819
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 1657
x 1907

Re: random rants

Postby squally1313 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:44 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
squally1313 wrote:Our son is almost a year and a half old. My wife and I both have full time jobs, but decided before the kid to keep separate health insurance. We also decided that he would go on my insurance when he was born. You have thirty days from birth to add the kid to your insurance. We got a bill for $5k for the delivery and everything else involved with that. My insurance is refusing to pay because when we walked in to the hospital, he didn't exist yet. Her insurance is refusing to pay because the services were for him, who isn't covered by her insurance. This has to be a situation that has occurred thousands and thousands of times. We have probably called each company ten times, and each time it ends with them telling us to call the other company. Just the dumbest, worst system.

That makes no sense. From my recollection, most of the labor charges should go to the mom. My family is the same setup as yours and we had no issue.

Have you tried calling the hospital billing as well? Maybe something got coded wrong.


That's probably the case, hospital coded it to our son, who 'didn't exist' when we walked into the hospital per my plan. Her plan is saying he was the patient, it's his insurance. If only there were a way to get Lurie's, Aetna, and BCBS to all talk to each other, instead it's an endless circle of pointless phone calls.
1 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 15762
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 3834
x 2115

Re: random rants

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:50 pm

squally1313 wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
squally1313 wrote:Our son is almost a year and a half old. My wife and I both have full time jobs, but decided before the kid to keep separate health insurance. We also decided that he would go on my insurance when he was born. You have thirty days from birth to add the kid to your insurance. We got a bill for $5k for the delivery and everything else involved with that. My insurance is refusing to pay because when we walked in to the hospital, he didn't exist yet. Her insurance is refusing to pay because the services were for him, who isn't covered by her insurance. This has to be a situation that has occurred thousands and thousands of times. We have probably called each company ten times, and each time it ends with them telling us to call the other company. Just the dumbest, worst system.

That makes no sense. From my recollection, most of the labor charges should go to the mom. My family is the same setup as yours and we had no issue.

Have you tried calling the hospital billing as well? Maybe something got coded wrong.


That's probably the case, hospital coded it to our son, who 'didn't exist' when we walked into the hospital per my plan. Her plan is saying he was the patient, it's his insurance. If only there were a way to get Lurie's, Aetna, and BCBS to all talk to each other, instead it's an endless circle of pointless phone calls.

Good luck. Thats frustrating indeed.

You'll probably have a few shots and tests that should actually be billed under your son and you almost certainly won't owe for any of those. Pretty much everything else is for the mom.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Thurman Merman
Starter
Posts: 734
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:43 pm
x 800
x 267

Re: random rants

Postby Thurman Merman » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:26 pm

I remember when my son was born October 2016, in the summer of 2017 we were getting letters from the hospital about outstanding bills. We had a lot of back and forth with insurance and the hospital to find out that someone just didn't fill the paperwork out right. Come the end of 2017, it still wasn't settled, but looking at the bright side, we thought at least this will dump over to 2018 and anything we have to pay will be applied to our deductible, giving us a year of cheap(er) healthcare.

Mid January rolls around, and it was finally settled. Of course, what did the insurance company do? Back date everything for December 31st, 2017. Health insurance is the worst.
0 x

User avatar
Omar
Superstar
Posts: 19892
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:10 am
x 583
x 1074

Re: random rants

Postby Omar » Thu May 06, 2021 3:41 pm

I've worked in the healthcare IT and consulting industry for 9 years. Finally got out of it.

horsefeathers:
- Claims adjudication
- Utilization management (Authorizations)
- inpatient/ER bills
- All the administrative [expletive] and costs when it comes to hospitals and health plans
- Many other things
0 x
┌( ◔_◔)┘ Maybe the real "Cubs Dynasty" was the friends we made along the way.

Tryptamine
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6256
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:13 pm
x 13
x 211

Re: random rants

Postby Tryptamine » Tue May 18, 2021 4:32 pm

I got the joy of getting absolutely roasted by a client this morning. A client whose tax return I did not prepare, I did not transmit or have anything to do with, but I happen to be the only one in the office this morning since everyone else is on their post tax deadline vacation. If I make a mistake and people want to get pissed off then I get it, but getting absolutely torched for something I had nothing to do with is another matter. It's the closest I've ever been to firing back at a client.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 4656
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 758

Re: random rants

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Thu May 27, 2021 8:43 pm

Few things bugging me lately

Pants or shorts with drawstrings that don't function/fasten and are just for looks.
Back pockets that come sewed shut for some stupid ass reason.
Sprinklers aimed at the street.
Low flow toilets that don't flush a loogey and cause the wife to start a dumb argument. Guess I gotta defeat the purpose and press the "#2" button.
People (neighbors) who leave their dogs outside 80% of the day and let them bark their horsefeathering heads off.
Broken bottles on the sidewalk.
People that don't pick up their dog horsefeathers... on the sidewalk.

I'll stop.
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 15762
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 3834
x 2115

Re: random rants

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri May 28, 2021 1:52 am

Sir, I think you bought some ladies dress slacks.
0 x
Image

User avatar
CoolHandLuke
All-Star
Posts: 4496
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:48 pm
Location: Mount Prospect
x 346
x 384

Re: random rants

Postby CoolHandLuke » Fri May 28, 2021 2:08 am

That sprinkler thing horsefeathering pisses me off to no end, assuming you are talking about where people DGAF and make their sidewalk impossible to pass without getting wet. Hey prick, people like to use this path!

On a related note, I also really hate it when people block the sidewalk with their vehicles.
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 15762
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 3834
x 2115

Re: random rants

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:16 am

CoolHandLuke wrote:

On a related note, I also really hate it when people block the sidewalk with their vehicles.

I unfortunately have a very short driveway. My CRV touching kissing the garage door still sticks out about 6 to 8 inches. If I have to leave my van in the driveway it's sticking out onto most of the sidewalk. Maybe one day I'll get both into the garage full time.

Anyways I apologize. My city can technically ticket for it and I've heard of people getting them, but I think they give us corner lot people with short driveways a break.
0 x
Image

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 4656
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 758

Re: RE: Re: random rants

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:34 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Sir, I think you bought some ladies dress slacks.


I was talking about toddler pants actually. We have 2 pairs of shorts for my boy that are supposed to be the right size but they slide right off when he walks and the string doesn't tighten. It makes no damn sense.

CoolHandLuke wrote:That sprinkler thing horsefeathering pisses me off to no end, assuming you are talking about where people DGAF and make their sidewalk impossible to pass without getting wet. Hey prick, people like to use this path!

On a related note, I also really hate it when people block the sidewalk with their vehicles.


Thats annoying, for sure, but with my kids I like actually running them under there in this hot ass FL weather. But there's also times where I drive through sprinkler jets and end up with water spots all over my windows and windshield. That is [expletive] obnoxious.

But yes, that's another thing that annoys me when people park and block the sidewalk. Theres a path I like to take when I walk my kids and I literally have to dip onto the street (not terribly busy but its right after a short bend so i definitely have to take extra precaution) for a bit because this one horsefeathers has 2 cars in his driveway and totally blocks the path.
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 15762
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 3834
x 2115

Re: RE: Re: random rants

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:47 am

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Sir, I think you bought some ladies dress slacks.


I was talking about toddler pants actually. We have 2 pairs of shorts for my boy that are supposed to be the right size but they slide right off when he walks and the string doesn't tighten. It makes no damn sense.


I meant the pocket thing.

But yea toddler clothes are weird in general. Good thing it's generally socially acceptable if a toddler ends up mooning everyone though.
0 x
Image

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 4656
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 758

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: random rants

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Fri May 28, 2021 3:36 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
We Got The Whole 9 wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Sir, I think you bought some ladies dress slacks.


I was talking about toddler pants actually. We have 2 pairs of shorts for my boy that are supposed to be the right size but they slide right off when he walks and the string doesn't tighten. It makes no damn sense.


I meant the pocket thing.

But yea toddler clothes are weird in general. Good thing it's generally socially acceptable if a toddler ends up mooning everyone though.


Ah. Gotcha. Yeah I bought these short slacks and it's only one of the back pockets that is like that. Its really horsefeathering weird. Like what would have been the harm to just make it a functional pocket?
0 x

Tryptamine
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6256
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:13 pm
x 13
x 211

Re: random rants

Postby Tryptamine » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:44 am

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Few things bugging me lately

Pants or shorts with drawstrings that don't function/fasten and are just for looks.
Back pockets that come sewed shut for some stupid ass reason.
Sprinklers aimed at the street.
Low flow toilets that don't flush a loogey and cause the wife to start a dumb argument. Guess I gotta defeat the purpose and press the "#2" button.
People (neighbors) who leave their dogs outside 80% of the day and let them bark their horsefeathering heads off.
Broken bottles on the sidewalk.
People that don't pick up their dog horsefeathers... on the sidewalk.

I'll stop.


I live next to a bike path and I can't stand when people just let their dogs go right in the middle. Even worse is the people who bring a bag, put the horsefeathers in the bag then drop it on the side of the path or even tie it to a tree branch, yes this happens semi frequently. At least when it's just on the path rain can wash it away, but bagging it then leaving it there means it's going to be there for months. It's like they're going out if their way to be an horsefeathers.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 63049
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3631
x 13093

Re: random rants

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:28 am

Tryptamine wrote:
We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Few things bugging me lately

Pants or shorts with drawstrings that don't function/fasten and are just for looks.
Back pockets that come sewed shut for some stupid ass reason.
Sprinklers aimed at the street.
Low flow toilets that don't flush a loogey and cause the wife to start a dumb argument. Guess I gotta defeat the purpose and press the "#2" button.
People (neighbors) who leave their dogs outside 80% of the day and let them bark their horsefeathering heads off.
Broken bottles on the sidewalk.
People that don't pick up their dog horsefeathers... on the sidewalk.

I'll stop.


I live next to a bike path and I can't stand when people just let their dogs go right in the middle. Even worse is the people who bring a bag, put the horsefeathers in the bag then drop it on the side of the path or even tie it to a tree branch, yes this happens semi frequently. At least when it's just on the path rain can wash it away, but bagging it then leaving it there means it's going to be there for months. It's like they're going out if their way to be an horsefeathers.

I’ve been some places where people do the bag on the side thing while hiking and they grab it on their way out/down. I still hate it though
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 85971
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 17036
x 19132

Re: random rants

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:24 pm

Someone's been leaving what appear to be tied up plastic gloves with dog turds inside of them along one of the running trails I use. It's creepy. They look like little hand balloons filled with horsefeathers.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 4656
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 758

Re: random rants

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:21 pm

So now we have a mouse coming into our lanai at night and leaving little droppings all over, including on the stroller seat. So I set traps last night. Now when we were in Cali, one got into our house and I used peanut butter as the bait and it worked fine. This mouse, however, just licked all 4 traps clean and left droppings all over. Im reading online and people are suggesting to use a hot glue gun and cereal; some are suggesting to tie yarn around the bait so that it will have to use force to extract it and that will trigger the trap.

You guys have any success stories to share?
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 4656
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 758

Re: RE: Re: random rants

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:25 pm

Tryptamine wrote:
We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Few things bugging me lately

Pants or shorts with drawstrings that don't function/fasten and are just for looks.
Back pockets that come sewed shut for some stupid ass reason.
Sprinklers aimed at the street.
Low flow toilets that don't flush a loogey and cause the wife to start a dumb argument. Guess I gotta defeat the purpose and press the "#2" button.
People (neighbors) who leave their dogs outside 80% of the day and let them bark their horsefeathering heads off.
Broken bottles on the sidewalk.
People that don't pick up their dog horsefeathers... on the sidewalk.

I'll stop.


I live next to a bike path and I can't stand when people just let their dogs go right in the middle. Even worse is the people who bring a bag, put the horsefeathers in the bag then drop it on the side of the path or even tie it to a tree branch, yes this happens semi frequently. At least when it's just on the path rain can wash it away, but bagging it then leaving it there means it's going to be there for months. It's like they're going out if their way to be an horsefeathers.
Yeah I've seen bags of horsefeathers on the side but I don't think I've ever seen some tied to a branch. That's freaking disgusting and I hope those people get dysentery.

It does suck when you're deep in your walk/hike and have to bag the poop and transport it with you because there's no disposal area in the vicinity. People just don't want to be seen carrying a bag of horsefeathers and having to smell it along the way, I suppose. But there's gotta be a better way.
0 x


Return to “Rants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest