Work Jerks

The Logan
Superstar

Re: Work Jerks

Postby The Logan » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:57 pm

My girlfriend's horrible co-worker claims he met Bruce Springsteen a couple nights ago while he was out at Trump Tower downtown and said Bruce was there waiting for protesters to walk by so he could throw something at them.

Springsteen has been openly anti-Trump and supportive of BLM and police reform, but apparently he was staying at Trump Tower so he could start horsefeathers with protesters? That makes no horsefeathering sense.

They work in luxury bed sales and he said he got his cell phone number and that he was going to buy beds from him and because of this story, her bosses are treating her co-worker like King horsefeathers of horsefeathers Mountain and have said they were going to take him out for a steak dinner.

Also, this dude is super paranoid about COVID to the point he's yelling at management to buy them better masks and insisting on bringing in his own desk so he can sit in a different part of the showroom away from everyone else to prevent COVID, but he's fine with going out and grabbing drinks with friends in the heart of downtown Chicago? This dude has been thorn in my GF's side ever since she's started and apparently they've gone through like half a dozen employees who all quit because of this guy and his ego and tendency to steal commissions, but he also sells the most so her bosses treat him like they need him more than the other way around.

I theorize that anyone can sell these beds because they are absurdly expensive and anyone that walks into that showroom who knows what they're walking into is going to buy it regardless of who is selling it to them. There were three of them working there last year and my GF was struggling to keep up, then they let one of them go in July and from that point forward her sales doubled. It's literally just a matter of opportunity to handle a client who is committed to buying, but this guy will straight up steal a client if she walks away from them to grab something in the back and also do horsefeathers like process a sale after she did all the work, but because she had the day off and the sale went through while he was there and he hit some buttons on a computer, he would insist on at least a 50% commission split.

This guy is a [expletive] and his Springsteen story reeks of [expletive] and he's using it to look good to their bosses who bend to his whim because he sells more than others.
1 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:05 pm

The Logan wrote:My girlfriend's horrible co-worker claims he met Bruce Springsteen a couple nights ago while he was out at Trump Tower downtown and said Bruce was there waiting for protesters to walk by so he could throw something at them.

Springsteen has been openly anti-Trump and supportive of BLM and police reform, but apparently he was staying at Trump Tower so he could start horsefeathers with protesters? That makes no horsefeathering sense.

They work in luxury bed sales and he said he got his cell phone number and that he was going to buy beds from him and because of this story, her bosses are treating her co-worker like King horsefeathers of horsefeathers Mountain and have said they were going to take him out for a steak dinner.

Also, this dude is super paranoid about COVID to the point he's yelling at management to buy them better masks and insisting on bringing in his own desk so he can sit in a different part of the showroom away from everyone else to prevent COVID, but he's fine with going out and grabbing drinks with friends in the heart of downtown Chicago? This dude has been thorn in my GF's side ever since she's started and apparently they've gone through like half a dozen employees who all quit because of this guy and his ego and tendency to steal commissions, but he also sells the most so her bosses treat him like they need him more than the other way around.

I theorize that anyone can sell these beds because they are absurdly expensive and anyone that walks into that showroom who knows what they're walking into is going to buy it regardless of who is selling it to them. There were three of them working there last year and my GF was struggling to keep up, then they let one of them go in July and from that point forward her sales doubled. It's literally just a matter of opportunity to handle a client who is committed to buying, but this guy will straight up steal a client if she walks away from them to grab something in the back and also do horsefeathers like process a sale after she did all the work, but because she had the day off and the sale went through while he was there and he hit some buttons on a computer, he would insist on at least a 50% commission split.

This guy is a [expletive] and his Springsteen story reeks of [expletive] and he's using it to look good to their bosses who bend to his whim because he sells more than others.

Props to this dood for knowing his braindead audience. How could anyone fall for that story?
0 x
"We are at a point in time where comments can be interpreted as racist, sexist, Anti-semitic, etc. depending on the circumstance and the listener." -B2B

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:30 pm

Sales commissions are the worst thing ever
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:47 pm

https://6abc.com/society/man-receives-o ... /10449817/

ATLANTA -- A Georgia man said his former employer owed him a pretty penny, $915 to be exact, after leaving his job in November.

But Andreas Flaten said he was shocked to see his final payment: 90,000 oil or grease-covered pennies, at the end of his driveway earlier this month, news outlets reported. Atop the pile was an envelope with Flaten's final paystub and an explicit parting message.

"This is a childish thing to do," Flaten said.

Flaten said he left his job at Peachtree City's A OK Walker Autoworks in November. He said he was owed the final check and had difficulty getting it, even turning to the Georgia Department of Labor to receive help.

In mid-March, Flaten said as he left his house with his girlfriend he noticed the pile at the end of his driveway. He said the pennies were covered with some sort of oily substance.

Now his nightly routine consists of cleaning the pennies so he can cash them in. He said it took him about an hour and a half to clean off several hundred.

The owner of the shop, Miles Walker, spoke with WGCL-TV briefly, stating he didn't know if he did or didn't drop the pennies off at Flaten's house.

"I don't really remember," Walker told the TV station. "It doesn't matter. He got paid, that's all that matters."

Walker went on to call Flaten a "weenie."

Now THAT is a bad boss.
1 x

soccer10k
Hall of Fame

Postby soccer10k » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:29 pm

Damn, even Addison Russell has the decency to pay in quarters.
5 x
In Theo we trust.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:20 pm

I'm noticing an abundance of dudes here who think that Columbia's PFG (Performance Fishing Gear) line of button ups are acceptable choices for work casual attire.

https://www.columbia.com/c/fishing/?pre ... ty-fishing

They're not. If you see someone at work with the dumb flap on the back of their shirt, or the huge triangle badge logo in the middle of their shoulders, turn and walk away.

If you are one of these guys, hopefully a kind soul will have a private conversation with you sooner rather than later.
0 x

Proven Veteran
All-Star

Postby Proven Veteran » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:34 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I'm noticing an abundance of dudes here who think that Columbia's PFG (Performance Fishing Gear) line of button ups are acceptable choices for work casual attire.

They're not. If you see someone at work with the dumb flap on the back of their shirt, or the huge triangle badge logo in the middle of their shoulders, turn and walk away.

If you are one of these guys, hopefully a kind soul will have a private conversation with you sooner rather than later.

Pretty sure you have to give after you buy one of those.
3 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:50 pm

If my office ever tries to make me go back into the office I will wear the most obnoxious horsefeathers possible until they reverse that decision.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:27 pm

Proven Veteran wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:I'm noticing an abundance of dudes here who think that Columbia's PFG (Performance Fishing Gear) line of button ups are acceptable choices for work casual attire.

Pretty sure you have to give after you buy one of those.

These are bad opinions. Like really bad. The shirts are extremely comfortable and light and are great for the summer. You might be confusing the people who like to wear them with the clothes. I admit the people who like to wear them are on average not people I like to hang out with, but I love the shirts.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:30 pm

I'm sure they're comfortable, but they are 110% objectively hideous. I've definitely seen shirts out there made out of that same breathable, weirdly shiny/industrial/whatever the hell fabric that look like actual shirts.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:32 pm

Orvis! That's one of them. A Costco mainstay.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:37 pm

Really just depends on your workplace I guess. Especially post pandemic, workplaces are as casual as ever. This definitely fails the work jerk category, IMO.

Really for work dress in general, I really don't care what co-workers wear. Totally doesn't affect me, as long as they aren't wearing like dirty stinky clothes.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:39 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Really just depends on your workplace I guess. Especially post pandemic, workplaces are as casual as ever. This definitely fails the work jerk category, IMO.

Really for work dress in general, I really don't care what co-workers wear. Totally doesn't affect me, as long as they aren't wearing like dirty stinky clothes.

Casual is fine; you don't have to look like ass to dress casually.

But outside of them looking terrible, the work jerk aspect is that the [expletive] to PFG Venn diagram, at least around here, is practically a single circle.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:55 pm

What's PFG?
0 x

grassbass
All-Star

Postby grassbass » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:58 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Really just depends on your workplace I guess. Especially post pandemic, workplaces are as casual as ever. This definitely fails the work jerk category, IMO.

Casual is one thing, but most companies aren't going to let people walk around in shorts and sandals. I agree with Sammy, comfortable or not, those shirts look terrible.
1 x
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

grassbass
All-Star

Postby grassbass » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:59 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:What's PFG?

Performance fishing gear.
1 x
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:07 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:What's PFG?

If we're thinking of fishing as a sport, then it's the fishing version of showing up to work in a jersey.

The main knock against them is that most of them have this going on:

0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:10 pm

Most guys I see wearing that are bigger guys. I always assumed that was added some needed ventilation.

Plus it somehow looks better on the big guys, the vent is stretched out more than in that photo.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:12 pm

Man, I weighed over 360 at one point. Even then I didn't have to resort to shirts with a horsefeathering cape.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:17 pm

Also the Orvis comment is funny because while they definitely sell normal shirts they also sell those vented ones.
https://www.orvis.com/short-sleeved-ope ... R8QAvD_BwE

Though admittedly, on the model at least, theirs does look better than thw Columbia one! The vent is less notable and looks more like a slightly awkward seam location.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:30 pm

There is nothing obscene about this shirt.

https://www.columbia.com/p/mens-pfg-low ... 487&pos=32

The ones with all the pockets and are super busy, I can see.
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:32 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:If my office ever tries to make me go back into the office I will wear the most obnoxious horsefeathers possible until they reverse that decision.

Might I suggest a fedora with safari flaps?
5 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:34 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Also the Orvis comment is funny because while they definitely sell normal shirts they also sell those vented ones.
https://www.orvis.com/short-sleeved-ope ... R8QAvD_BwE

Though admittedly, on the model at least, theirs does look better than thw Columbia one! The vent is less notable and looks more like a slightly awkward seam location.

I just know Orvis is also rampant around here, but somehow people avoid the vents and dumb patches/stitches/designs on those and they don't look like they just waddled off of a pontoon.

And, honestly, GTFO outta here with anyone saying they need "vents" on their horsefeathering clothes at work. Offices are usually set to be insane iceboxes at the best of times.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:37 pm

CubinNY wrote:There is nothing obscene about this shirt.

https://www.columbia.com/p/mens-pfg-low ... 487&pos=32

1 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:37 pm

I would have guessed Orvis first for that kind of shirt. But maybe it's regional!
0 x

Return to “Rants”