General Cubs Chit-Chat

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62940
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3581
x 12959

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:58 am

That’s a great tequila
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 4497
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 734

Re: RE: Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:48 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:That’s a great tequila
What is that?
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62940
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3581
x 12959

Re: RE: Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:18 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:That’s a great tequila
What is that?


Clase Azul Reposado.

Friends gave it to me for my birthday. I bought one myself when it was gone. We've gone through 4 bottles between our two houses and I'm getting ready to buy another. It's $140 - $150, so not an everyday tequila or something you mix in a margarita. But it's a great sipping tequila. Highly recommend.
Image
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5577
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1715
x 1296
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby NOLA » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:51 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
We Got The Whole 9 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:That’s a great tequila
What is that?


Clase Azul Reposado.

Friends gave it to me for my birthday. I bought one myself when it was gone. We've gone through 4 bottles between our two houses and I'm getting ready to buy another. It's $140 - $150, so not an everyday tequila or something you mix in a margarita. But it's a great sipping tequila. Highly recommend.
Image

Oh, that stuff is the horsefeathers. Also recommend.
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 36114
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1127
x 8079

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:55 pm

Reading “sipping tequila” made me throw up in my mouth. High school was rough.
2 x
Image

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24406
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 567
x 1195

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby CubinNY » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:37 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Reading “sipping tequila” made me throw up in my mouth. High school was rough.

23rd birthday for me. I can't even smell the stuff without retching.
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 63111
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 11704
x 6387

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby David » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:21 pm

that's gin for me. that evergreeny smell... :barf:
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 68912
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 7420
x 7247

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Banedon » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:34 pm

0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!
Posts: 33666
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 3513
x 7944
Contact:

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:15 am

Banedon wrote:https://twitter.com/SLGreenberg/status/1379522523910574085


He should try making contact in a game
9 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

abuck1220
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22466
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:03 am
x 1
x 572

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby abuck1220 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:35 pm

the cubs have 6 singles through 5 games. SIX! obviously singles is not an indicator of goodness or anything, but that is wild.
0 x

d_money
All-Star
Posts: 2661
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:57 pm
x 116

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby d_money » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:56 pm

abuck1220 wrote:the cubs have 6 singles through 5 games. SIX! obviously singles is not an indicator of goodness or anything, but that is wild.

I have the solution: the Cubs need a new hitting coach. Maybe Rudy Jamarillo can come out of retirement?
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 85639
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 16797
x 18895

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:51 pm

abuck1220 wrote:the cubs have 6 singles through 5 games. SIX! obviously singles is not an indicator of goodness or anything, but that is wild.


It's kind of awesomely insane and terrifying they managed to squeak out a crazy comedback WS win despite this only slightly changing pack of miscreants.
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28189
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 9346
x 6206

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Cubswin11 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:50 pm

Javy Baez since May of 2019 (692 PAs) .247/.282/.453, 89 wRC+, 4 BB/30 K %, .319 BABIP. Gross
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62940
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3581
x 12959

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:05 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:Javy Baez since May of 2019 (692 PAs) .247/.282/.453, 89 wRC+, 4 BB/30 K %, .319 BABIP. Gross

I'm sure he'll come around soon and be great again

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=407&p=270020&hilit=whispers#p270020
2 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Proven Veteran
All-Star
Posts: 2403
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:47 pm
Location: Oakland, CA
x 1718
x 301

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Proven Veteran » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:50 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:Javy Baez since May of 2019 (692 PAs) .247/.282/.453, 89 wRC+, 4 BB/30 K %, .319 BABIP. Gross

I'm sure he'll come around soon and be great again

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=407&p=270020&hilit=whispers#p270020



Edit the linked post to have another link, keep the train going!
0 x

User avatar
Bear Cub
Starter
Posts: 435
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:22 am
Location: Geneseo, Il
x 2047
x 42

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Bear Cub » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:35 am

I hate to say this, but this team is hard to watch.
0 x
Bring Sammy back into the Cubs family!

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 85639
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 16797
x 18895

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:55 pm

I love to say it!
1 x

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 4761
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 1636
x 1877

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby squally1313 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:36 pm



Sofa is annoying in his anti-Cubs shtick, but then I see garbage like this and I'm right there with him
4 x

User avatar
cl smooth
All-Star
Posts: 2724
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: brooklynnnnnnnnnn
x 4722
x 1162

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby cl smooth » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:38 pm

squally1313 wrote:

Sofa is annoying in his anti-Cubs shtick, but then I see garbage like this and I'm right there with him


"educational process" GTFOHWTBS. just get the horsefeathering vaccine!
4 x

User avatar
sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President
Posts: 12180
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:58 am
Location: we stinks
x 820
x 1557

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby sneakypower » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:11 pm

on appearances alone i would probably give Matt Duffy the highest odds to be on the 'educational process' list
0 x

Bertz
All-Star
Posts: 3090
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm
x 1250
x 1803

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Bertz » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:49 pm

sneakypower wrote:on appearances alone i would probably give Matt Duffy the highest odds to be on the 'educational process' list


We know for sure Sogard is one. His wife threw a fit on Instagram about it.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24406
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 567
x 1195

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby CubinNY » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:26 pm

Ross is going to murder Kimbrel by mid May.
0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
Superstar
Posts: 10960
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 555
x 5170

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:44 pm

Hoyer needs to trade Kimbrel for a solid return before that happens.
0 x

Backtobanks
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6985
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:32 am
x 11
x 106

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Backtobanks » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:10 am

CyHawk_Cub wrote:Hoyer needs to trade Kimbrel for a solid return before that happens.


I'm sure teams will be lined up to give a "solid return" for a 33 year old reliever who hasn't pitched well since 2018 and is earning $16 million.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62940
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3581
x 12959

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:12 am

Backtobanks wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:Hoyer needs to trade Kimbrel for a solid return before that happens.


I'm sure teams will be lined up to give a "solid return" for a 33 year old reliever who hasn't pitched well since 2018 and is earning $16 million.

Do you know how baseball works?
2 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests