CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

User avatar
SpongeWorthy
Superstar
Posts: 13297
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:47 am
x 154
x 293

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby SpongeWorthy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:12 pm

Got my 2nd Pfiz yesterday afternoon, feel ok so far, maybe a bit more tired than normal but I'm terrible at sleeping to begin with.
1 x

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 36133
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: GRIP IT AND RIP IT
x 2833
x 3718

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:50 pm

I just got a text from a health insurance provider that I haven't had an account with in at least five years, letting me know they have shots available and bribing me with a $25 gift card.
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24529
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 970
x 2687

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby 17 Seconds » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:50 pm

I'm gettin that moderna sumbitch tomorrow
4 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62940
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3581
x 12957

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:05 pm

We’re ahead of most states but we’re already hitting the “everybody who actually wants one can get one” phase and need to start changing minds. It’s time to incentivize.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Proven Veteran
All-Star
Posts: 2403
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:47 pm
Location: Oakland, CA
x 1714
x 301

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Proven Veteran » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:42 pm

Just got my second Pfizer, I'm pretty excited about it.
3 x

Sosa21MVP
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6271
Joined: Tue May 06, 2003 4:39 am
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
x 126
x 112

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Sosa21MVP » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:25 am

After a couple days of struggling from my 1st shot of Moderna, I felt horsefeathering amazing today. 100% back to normal. :stickman:
2 x

User avatar
Proven Veteran
All-Star
Posts: 2403
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:47 pm
Location: Oakland, CA
x 1714
x 301

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Proven Veteran » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:37 am

I have a terrible headache now, but otherwise fine 12 hours after the shot.
0 x

ChiCubsFan
All-Star
Posts: 4908
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:51 pm
Location: Chicago
x 194
x 181

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby ChiCubsFan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:40 am

J and J immediate side effects seem much worse than Pfizer/Moderna. My location doesn’t administer J and J, but nearby locations started this week. Already had 3 people pass out immediately after, with one requiring hospitalization (no details on why). A Colorado clinic (as well as others) stopped mid-day because of the adverse reactions. These clinics are reporting on-site adverse reactions of a little under 1%, which doesn’t sound like much but I’ve given probably over 10,000 Pfizer doses and I’ve had one reaction that I considered reportable (seizure, though likely unrelated to the vaccine).
0 x
ChiCubsFan-Mark

Ski wrote:"If you don't commit suicide if the Cubs lose in the first round, you're not a Cubs fan."

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73969
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1615
x 3535

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Derwood » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:51 pm

I'm getting my second Pfizer on Sunday morning, but am supposed to be in rehearsal Sunday afternoon/evening. How many hours after the injection should I know if I'm going to be feeling bad? I'm mostly worried that my rehearsal is about an hour drive from home, and don't want to get into a situation where I start getting fever/chills/exhaustion while driving
0 x

ChiCubsFan
All-Star
Posts: 4908
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:51 pm
Location: Chicago
x 194
x 181

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby ChiCubsFan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:03 pm

Derwood wrote:I'm getting my second Pfizer on Sunday morning, but am supposed to be in rehearsal Sunday afternoon/evening. How many hours after the injection should I know if I'm going to be feeling bad? I'm mostly worried that my rehearsal is about an hour drive from home, and don't want to get into a situation where I start getting fever/chills/exhaustion while driving


Systemic side effects usually start approximately 12 hours post-injection.
0 x
ChiCubsFan-Mark

Ski wrote:"If you don't commit suicide if the Cubs lose in the first round, you're not a Cubs fan."

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73969
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1615
x 3535

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Derwood » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:11 pm

ChiCubsFan wrote:
Derwood wrote:I'm getting my second Pfizer on Sunday morning, but am supposed to be in rehearsal Sunday afternoon/evening. How many hours after the injection should I know if I'm going to be feeling bad? I'm mostly worried that my rehearsal is about an hour drive from home, and don't want to get into a situation where I start getting fever/chills/exhaustion while driving


Systemic side effects usually start approximately 12 hours post-injection.


Okay, so if I get the injection around 10am-ish, I should be good through most of the day?
0 x

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 30565
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 48
x 6276
Contact:

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Brian » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:41 pm

Pfizer 1 is done. Nothing to really compare it to but the Gallagher Way site was impressive. In and out in like 15 minutes.
5 x

ChiCubsFan
All-Star
Posts: 4908
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:51 pm
Location: Chicago
x 194
x 181

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby ChiCubsFan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:54 pm

Derwood wrote:
ChiCubsFan wrote:
Derwood wrote:I'm getting my second Pfizer on Sunday morning, but am supposed to be in rehearsal Sunday afternoon/evening. How many hours after the injection should I know if I'm going to be feeling bad? I'm mostly worried that my rehearsal is about an hour drive from home, and don't want to get into a situation where I start getting fever/chills/exhaustion while driving


Systemic side effects usually start approximately 12 hours post-injection.


Okay, so if I get the injection around 10am-ish, I should be good through most of the day?


Should. No guarantees though. Some people start feeling like horsefeathers sooner.
0 x
ChiCubsFan-Mark

Ski wrote:"If you don't commit suicide if the Cubs lose in the first round, you're not a Cubs fan."

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24403
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 567
x 1193

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby CubinNY » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:24 pm

https://apnews.com/article/us-news-race ... %20Alabama.

7% vaccination rate in the Trumpiest county in Alabama.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24403
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 567
x 1193

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby CubinNY » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:32 pm

I have some contacts with physicians in Florida. There is a growing concern that young teenagers (12-14) are now getting very ill with COVID-19. There is a sizable outbreak in the Tampa area. I hope they get the vaccine approved for kids soon.
0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
Superstar
Posts: 10958
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 554
x 5168

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:39 pm

5 x

Bertz
All-Star
Posts: 3079
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm
x 1247
x 1800

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Bertz » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:57 pm

Brian wrote:Pfizer 1 is done. Nothing to really compare it to but the Gallagher Way site was impressive. In and out in like 15 minutes.


Just finished mine. It was 20 for me, but only because I was the last person in my "pod" to get stuck. But really incredible operation. Imagine if all of our public health stuff got this sort of treatment.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 68909
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 7414
x 7238

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Banedon » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:38 pm

Got my first Pfizer this morning. Have had a bit of soreness, like maybe I got hit by a baseball there. Only hurts when I move it, not when I touch it. I think that's already fading though.
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5571
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1710
x 1295
Contact:

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby NOLA » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:45 pm

Bertz wrote:
Brian wrote:Pfizer 1 is done. Nothing to really compare it to but the Gallagher Way site was impressive. In and out in like 15 minutes.


Just finished mine. It was 20 for me, but only because I was the last person in my "pod" to get stuck. But really incredible operation. Imagine if all of our public health stuff got this sort of treatment.

I’ve been thinking this same thing. It’s amazing what this country can accomplish when there is the collective will and smart people in charge. The will in this case obviously was due to a deadly pandemic, but if this could be replicated for preventative care like wellness or dental checkups for underserved populations, think of the people that could be helped in a huge way.
2 x

User avatar
Proven Veteran
All-Star
Posts: 2403
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:47 pm
Location: Oakland, CA
x 1714
x 301

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Proven Veteran » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:15 am

Proven Veteran wrote:I have a terrible headache now, but otherwise fine 12 hours after the shot.

I got hit hard today, pretty much asleep all day.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 85620
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 16787
x 18877

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:20 am

NOLA wrote:
Bertz wrote:
Brian wrote:Pfizer 1 is done. Nothing to really compare it to but the Gallagher Way site was impressive. In and out in like 15 minutes.


Just finished mine. It was 20 for me, but only because I was the last person in my "pod" to get stuck. But really incredible operation. Imagine if all of our public health stuff got this sort of treatment.

I’ve been thinking this same thing. It’s amazing what this country can accomplish when there is the collective will and smart people in charge. The will in this case obviously was due to a deadly pandemic, but if this could be replicated for preventative care like wellness or dental checkups for underserved populations, think of the people that could be helped in a huge way.


One of the best arguments against someone opposed to everyone in this country having access to affordable health care is that a healthier populace is HUGELY better for the economy (same thing applies to arguing for things like raising minimum wage/better wages/etc.; people make more money, they spend more money).
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5571
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1710
x 1295
Contact:

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby NOLA » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:41 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
NOLA wrote:
Bertz wrote:
Just finished mine. It was 20 for me, but only because I was the last person in my "pod" to get stuck. But really incredible operation. Imagine if all of our public health stuff got this sort of treatment.

I’ve been thinking this same thing. It’s amazing what this country can accomplish when there is the collective will and smart people in charge. The will in this case obviously was due to a deadly pandemic, but if this could be replicated for preventative care like wellness or dental checkups for underserved populations, think of the people that could be helped in a huge way.


One of the best arguments against someone opposed to everyone in this country having access to affordable health care is that a healthier populace is HUGELY better for the economy (same thing applies to arguing for things like raising minimum wage/better wages/etc.; people make more money, they spend more money).

This is the argument that the Dems have to make, covering all the things you mentioned. Even if you give no shots about the humanitarian aspect, financially it makes sense to raise up the bottom. Taxing the rich for infrastructure, healthcare, you name it is popular with voters. Say what you will about Biden, I’m wildly encouraged about how bold he’s been so far. Let’s hope this continues.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 85620
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 16787
x 18877

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:06 pm

0 x

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7056
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 7210
x 3142

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:27 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:

That's depressing, but how is the military not making vaccination mandatory?!
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 20136
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: I CANT BREATHE
x 3399
x 1255

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:36 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

That's depressing, but how is the military not making vaccination mandatory?!

Exactly my thoughts, it shouldn't be a choice for them
0 x
Image


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests