Postby Derwood » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:28 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Image

My wife seriously wants me to get one of those
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:31 pm

I think it's cool that snood is branching out.
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:07 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
javy knows my name wrote:I wanna rank NSBB IRL temper tantrums now.

1. MFer Windermere
2. Nice Guy robs a CVS to teach them a lesson about...staffing?
3. Blockbuster card

What else am I missing? I'm sure bum did other impotent, embarrassing horsefeathers he had to tell us about

I just feel like MFer Windermere is in a complete different class than the other board temper tantrums. It was like the more everyone picked away at the story, the more ridiculous details were added to it. It would be like if in this story the cashier at CVS made him late for a doctors appointment and then OP sent CVS a bill for the missed appointment.

that's so true. his fury about the $40 in chili meat or whatever
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:43 pm

An update for Sammy...

0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:55 pm

A 5" inseam should come with a punch to the dick.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:03 pm

Very Tom Selleck-ish
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:03 pm

Every awful fashion from 1983 is back for men: mullets, short shorts, half shirts, t shirts tucked into the shorts...
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:38 pm

1. the name of the reward program
2. her t-shirt
3. the tattoo
4. the clarification of the tattoo
5. go back and look at the top of the picture

Even if fake, this is just incredible.

edit -

I investigated... and
Spoiler: show
very fake
5 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:23 pm

somewhat appropriate troll however, truck drivers were either sleeping or on no-doze for decades.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:31 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:somewhat appropriate troll however, truck drivers were either sleeping or on no-doze for decades.

no-doze is the least of what they take. My brother-in-law walks around with DJT Jr style bloodshot saucer eyes when he's awake and sometimes sleeps for 18 hours when he's not on the road. He's an independent driver so I'm pretty sure he isn't taking any drug tests.

Edit: He's an unstable maniac too. Big Trump guy who poses with pictures of his AR. Also, I might be painting with too broad a brush and mean no disrespect to any Truck drivers who aren't meth sniffing maniacs. I'm thinking of Fred right now. He probably would have been offended by this post.
Last edited by CubinNY on Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:34 pm

I was already thinking of all the things I could get with my cranking the hog reward points
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:35 am

We’re upstate in Phoenicia for the weekend. Whenever a fire department responds to a call, they turn on a klaxon horn. A horsefeathering air raid horn to signal a fire truck leaving the fire house. That crazy ass sound from the “Countdown to Armageddon” song by Public Enemy. Wild horsefeathers.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:34 pm

Some Chicago and Peoria folks on facebook say they felt this, but I live in Bloomington and didn't feel a thing.

0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:42 pm

Banedon wrote:Some Chicago and Peoria folks on facebook say they felt this, but I live in Bloomington and didn't feel a thing.

Even though they might be much farther away, depending on the regional geology or the building you are in (most especially skyscrapers) you could feel an earthquake or not.
0 x
"We are at a point in time where comments can be interpreted as racist, sexist, Anti-semitic, etc. depending on the circumstance and the listener." -B2B

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:50 pm

I live almost on top of a fault line in Puget Sound. We get 3.5's often enough, and tons of 1-2's. Most of the time, I never feel them (I think I've only felt 1 in 12 years of residency). really depends on the soil/rock formations under you.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:49 am

I drive across the Agate Pass Bridge every day, twice. Traveling north, it's common to get stopped on it because of a stop light. The bridge is 60+ years old and it bounces. It can be unnerving at 75' above a fast moving tidal current, but doing it every day should make me feel comfortable on all bridges, but it does not.

Today I was stuck in a traffic jamb on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge for 10 minutes. That bridge is 500' tall and is over one of the deepest and fast moving narrows or passes in Puget Sound, it probable is #1. And, it SWAYS. It was horsefeathering terrifying.

I want to travel by jet pack
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: General Chit-Chat thread

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:51 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
We Got The Whole 9 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:I mean, I get the frustration with the one cashier thing, but that's literally EVERY horsefeathering CVS, and and a ton of other chains, too. Retail companies try to run everything on the thinnest of razor edges to maximize their profits, so it's not like this is something you can fix by creating a scene and stealing horsefeathers. You're not "kicking that store in the ass" when it's the SOP everywhere, unfortunately. So, yeah, at the end of the day all this really amounts to is a AMITA? situation where, yeah, the person asking pretty clearly is (especially since you say you used to work for them, so you should know how horsefeathers this all is).

It never bothered me to pick up a phone and call the manager up if there was nobody else on staff. That's pretty SOP. For her to just dismiss the customer with a "use the self check"- which she should know pretty well the limitations of the system- and then double down after the customer explains the issue theyve had with the system, is [expletive].

I'm not sure what AMITA is or what you're trying to say in parentheses

It still doesn't make sense what your endgame was; worst case scenario is she could be better at her job and people are having to spend extra time in line because of it. Is that really worth making a scene, stealing horsefeathers, and then talking about like you expect it somehow inspire the store to do better?

I got to the CVS around the corner, and I've been in some variation of what you were dealing with way more times than I'd like (ie-stuck at the self-checkout because it decided it didn't like a coupon or something, and there's only one cashier who is stuck with a customer). Sometimes they call someone up, and sometimes they don't and, shockingly, I just waited until someone could help me, and my life went on.

You should return that horsefeathers.

As much as I'm sure most are going to believe this is [expletive], I truly was not thinking of myself at the time. Honestly I had nowhere to be. But the line was getting really long, with several people getting fidgety because 1/3 or more of their breaks were wasting away due to her negligence, and, her incompetence. The bottom line is that she needs more training. As I explained this wasn't the first time she's shown little capability of resolving mundane issues. And if its a zero effs given answer from her, it wouldn't surprise me. I mean I know that most people in her position couldn't care less.

So I got carried away. I was initially trying to help her, foolishly thinking of the other customers. But the truth is that when she blew me off (I think I was like 4th in a line of 7 or 8 at that point, which is way too many when you're the only cashier) she blew everyone off. Not all customers can be helped by the self-check. Theres several issues customers can have that need direct personal assistance. Only 1 person stepped out of line to use the self-check when she said that, FWIW. Theres always a manager on-hand. In fact the next day I went to a different CVS to switch my prescriptions over. I also made a purchase. When the coupons (that I didn't get to use the day prior) needed a manager override, she called for one, and she appeared in less than a minute.

But again, it was out of character. I took it too far. Guess I was hoping that she would have to share the story with her managers and other employees and they might consider stepping up their training and development.

I haven't gone back yet. I took some time away from here because I need to pour only good energy into my family. I couldn't go back and forth with everyone who responded to the story. I did steal that stuff and I'll make my way over there this week to make amends. All I can really do.
0 x

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:41 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:I haven't gone back yet. I took some time away from here because I need to pour only good energy into my family. I couldn't go back and forth with everyone who responded to the story. I did steal that stuff and I'll make my way over there this week to make amends. All I can really do.

From a practical perspective, the best advice is to never go in there (or any other CVS, really), ever again.

You're just opening yourself up to the possibility that loss-prevention or management calls the cops on you the moment you enter the store and you end up with a petty theft case. Even if you came to apologize and pay, management may not have the discretion to tell the cops to forget about it.

Everybody makes mistakes. And while owning up to it and embracing the consequences is admirable, you should know what you're walking into.
1 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:19 pm

We got the whole 9 going back in to CVS to explain the situation

4 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

d_money
All-Star

Postby d_money » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:30 pm

Rob wrote:
We Got The Whole 9 wrote:I haven't gone back yet. I took some time away from here because I need to pour only good energy into my family. I couldn't go back and forth with everyone who responded to the story. I did steal that stuff and I'll make my way over there this week to make amends. All I can really do.

From a practical perspective, the best advice is to never go in there (or any other CVS, really), ever again.

You're just opening yourself up to the possibility that loss-prevention or management calls the cops on you the moment you enter the store and you end up with a petty theft case. Even if you came to apologize and pay, management may not have the discretion to tell the cops to forget about it.

Everybody makes mistakes. And while owning up to it and embracing the consequences is admirable, you should know what you're walking into.

Mistakes = Theft

OK, got it.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:44 pm

You, a moron: "We should make cars run on better electricity so we don't ruin the environment with our driving."

Me, a genius: "Screw cars"

4 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:49 pm

Banedon wrote:You, a moron: "We should make cars run on better electricity so we don't ruin the environment with our driving."

Me, a genius: "Screw cars"

if I could cross the Narrows with that i would prefer it
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:51 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:
It never bothered me to pick up....... All I can really do.

our local cvs fired all their staff and replaced them with new staff from California,,,and they suck. can I blame this on you?
0 x

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:45 pm

d_money wrote:Mistakes = Theft

OK, got it.

I've seen pettier cases charged. Bored small-town prosecutors and zealous corporate management are a troublesome combination.

For a while, basically every petty theft in our area was also being charged as class 2 felony burglary. Some bored prosecutor came up with the legal theory that the store allowing you in there was predicated on the good faith belief by you that you might buy something. So if you had no intent to buy anything, you werent just stealing - you were trespassing and that made it felony burglary. They could prove that you had no intent to buy in a few ways. One of them was just that you didn't bring your money... Lots of people caught some very long jail sentences before the law was changed.

Moral of the story, prosecutors are often just as bad as cops. horsefeathers em all.
0 x

Return to “Social”