CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Rob
Superstar

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:53 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:anyone else with the Moderna experiencing exhaustion and nausea? I got my first shot on Thursday at about noon. Yesterday, I fell asleep for 1.5 hrs after lunch and felt pretty lousy the rest of the day; nothing too bad, just a slight headache and indigestion. But today, I fell asleep at noon until after 4:00(!)

I had a big deadline on Thursday as well as getting the shot (the first shot), and it could be 50% shot and 50% 2 months of exhaustion. But man all I want to do is sleep after lunch

Yeah, but it only lasted 2-3 days each time. If it’s not better by Monday, I’d guess it’s probably something else.
1 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:58 pm

More than 4 million doses reported today, 7-day average up to 3.07m.

Assuming everyone unvaccinated is vulnerable, we are shrinking the vulnerable population by about 4% every week and that number will grow as the susceptible pool shrinks. I'm willing to bet that the plateau breaks within a few weeks and we go back to zeroing out.
2 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:08 am

Rob wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:anyone else with the Moderna experiencing exhaustion and nausea? I got my first shot on Thursday at about noon. Yesterday, I fell asleep for 1.5 hrs after lunch and felt pretty lousy the rest of the day; nothing too bad, just a slight headache and indigestion. But today, I fell asleep at noon until after 4:00(!)

I had a big deadline on Thursday as well as getting the shot (the first shot), and it could be 50% shot and 50% 2 months of exhaustion. But man all I want to do is sleep after lunch

Yeah, but it only lasted 2-3 days each time. If it’s not better by Monday, I’d guess it’s probably something else.

Ah, ok. Good thing I took Monday and Tuesday off to
0 x

Irrelevant Dude
5-Time All-Star

Re: RE: Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Irrelevant Dude » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:21 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:anyone else with the Moderna experiencing exhaustion and nausea?

The only symptom I had after the first dose was some pretty intense soreness in my arm, but that was mostly gone after a day. I may have been a bit more tired than usual on day 2, but if anything that was probably a result of not getting great sleep due to the discomfort in my arm. I'm assuming the second dose will hit me harder, but everyone is different.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:27 am

I was anticipating this after the second shot, not the first. Not to mention that I never react to flu shots and I get those every year. Caught me by surprise
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:28 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:I was anticipating this after the second shot, not the first. Not to mention that I never react to flu shots and I get those every year. Caught me by surprise

the first moderna shot kicked my ass for sure
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:52 am

big ball chunky time wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:I was anticipating this after the second shot, not the first. Not to mention that I never react to flu shots and I get those every year. Caught me by surprise

Was the second one worse for you? Seems to be that's what most people who feel lousy after an mRNA vaccine say. Definitely happened to me; second times was everything after the first times ten.
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:11 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:

Was the second one worse for you? Seems to be that's what most people who feel lousy after an mRNA vaccine say. Definitely happened to me; second times was everything after the first times ten.

I don’t get number 2 until next week
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:12 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:

Truffle says what?
12 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:12 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:

horsefeathers, for some reason I was thinking you got yours before me.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:50 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:54 pm

thought you had switched to J&J. changed back?
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:13 am

David wrote:

thought you had switched to J&J. changed back?

I did, but the timing of the JJ shot corresponded with a deadline I had in a project (bidding) that propped into reality after I scheduled both (JJ and Moderna). Moderna schedule was still obtainable. I told myself I would get vaccinated the first eligible opp I had, that was Moderna. I would have waited weeks for another JJ opening.

I would have preferred the single shot, but whatev. Get vaccinated ASAP was my MO.

Edit: I had both scheduled, but held off on deciding until Wednesday (shot on Thursday). The only thing I wonder about in that process is if it effected a non-given JJ shot. My JJ shot was intended to be at 10:00 am, but my deadline was noon. The Moderna was 1:00 pm. Hopefully, someone else got the JJ slot, idk
1 x

stitchface
Superstar

Postby stitchface » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:35 am

Rob wrote:

I've heard numerous cases where the fatigue has lasted for multiple weeks.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:59 am

stitchface wrote:
Rob wrote:

From the vaccine?

I now have dozens of stories and not one even resembling weeks of fatigue. Only a handful have had a day of side effects.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:03 am

stitchface wrote:
Rob wrote:

From the vaccine?
0 x

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:41 pm

I was tired for a day after Moderna #1. Also localized pain at the injection site for 3-4 days.

Moderna #2 today!
4 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:27 pm

Soul wrote:I was tired for a day after Moderna #1. Also localized pain at the injection site for 3-4 days.

Moderna #2 today!

Take 2 Tylenol right after the shot to help with the symptoms.
0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:34 pm

Saturday after shot #2 Pfizer felt fine. Yesterday my legs felt like I ran a marathon, had chills off and on all day. Today back to feeling fine for a Monday
2 x

stitchface
Superstar

Postby stitchface » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:06 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
stitchface wrote:
Rob wrote:

From the vaccine?

Apparently.
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:59 pm

Bertz wrote:
Brian wrote:Chicago people that are 1-C or higher zocdoc has appointments for next week, just scheduled mine at the new vaccination site at Gallagher Way

I got one for next Friday!

Do we know which shot it is?

Looks like we're getting Pfizer, according to the FAQ here -

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/c ... enter.html
1 x

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:19 pm

Got my first Pfizer shot on Friday, and other than a constant, throbbing pain in my upper arm for the first ~36 hours, no issues. Well.. except that I have been perusing online computer hardware stores today looking at Microsoft Surface laptops, after having been an Apple guy for well over a decade. Thanks Bill Gates.
7 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:33 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:Got my first Pfizer shot on Friday, and other than a constant, throbbing pain in my upper arm for the first ~36 hours, no issues. Well.. except that I have been perusing online computer hardware stores today looking at Microsoft Surface laptops, after having been an Apple guy for well over a decade. Thanks Bill Gates.

Bonus win for you!
0 x
Spoiler: show

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:54 pm

CubinNY wrote:
Soul wrote:I was tired for a day after Moderna #1. Also localized pain at the injection site for 3-4 days.

Moderna #2 today!

Take 2 Tylenol right after the shot to help with the symptoms.

Will do.
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:33 pm

We're getting live sporting events and concerts indoors back in a couple of weeks out here. Venues can choose between 10% capacity for everyone or 50% capacity if they check to make sure everyone is vaccinated or recently tested.

On Jan. 11, my county had 544 COVID patients in ICU beds. Today that is down to 16.
3 x

Return to “Social”