CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Irrelevant Dude
5-Time All-Star

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby Irrelevant Dude » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:18 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Venues can choose between 10% capacity for everyone or 50% capacity if they check to make sure everyone is vaccinated or recently tested.

That would seem to be an easy choice. Who can make any money at 10% capacity?
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:38 pm

Javy does whatever the horsefeathers he wants, including getting vaccinated.

4 x

Sosa21MVP
5-Time All-Star

Postby Sosa21MVP » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:58 pm

Got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine today. Feeling fine so far. :stickman:
1 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm

Coming up on 36 hours post 2nd shot. No effects. Arm seems less sore than after 1st shot. I made an effort to relax my shoulder more this time. Maybe that helped.
5 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:00 am

10 hours out from the J&J and no side effects yet for either myself or the wife.
4 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:05 am

Andy wrote:10 hours out from the J&J and no side effects yet for either myself or the wife.

Got it Saturday afternoon. I felt a touch loopy and tired Sunday, and slept for 13 hours Sunday night, but apart from a touch sore in random places, feeling ok now.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:05 pm

Got J&J yesterday afternoon. I felt fine all evening. Then I woke up at two in the morning shivering, fevery and feeling generally awful. This morning added nausea, all over soreness, and headaches. horsefeathers, I've never felt this knocked out.
0 x

Sosa21MVP
5-Time All-Star

Postby Sosa21MVP » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:00 pm

Later in the evening my arm did get sore but nothing unbearable. Aside from the arm soreness I am feeling pretty damn good this morning.
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:34 pm

I got my second dose of Pfizer this morning. Arm’s a little sore but otherwise feeling fine.
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:35 pm

CoolHandLuke wrote:Got J&J yesterday afternoon. I felt fine all evening. Then I woke up at two in the morning shivering, fevery and feeling generally awful. This morning added nausea, all over soreness, and headaches. horsefeathers, I've never felt this knocked out.

I feel generally fine after one night, but am detecting some lethargy. Hard to say how much of it is vaccine and how much of it is two little boys who refuse to sleep in their own beds, though.
1 x

wekse
5-Time All-Star

Postby wekse » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:46 pm

Got the J&J at 11am today, [expletive] pumped.
2 x

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:14 pm

I'm about 24 hours post 2nd Moderna shot. Arm pain at the injection site, not bad. I'm tired, but nothing a good dose of caffeine can't cure.
1 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

The_Achiever
All-Star

Postby The_Achiever » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:46 pm

Got my big, beautiful J&J vax today. Lookout world!

Never wearing my [expletive] mask again.
0 x

New York Cubs Fan
All-Star

Postby New York Cubs Fan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:04 pm

The_Achiever wrote:Got my big, beautiful J&J vax today. Lookout world!

Oof.
0 x

Sosa21MVP
5-Time All-Star

Postby Sosa21MVP » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:29 pm

Sosa21MVP wrote:Later in the evening my arm did get sore but nothing unbearable. Aside from the arm soreness I am feeling pretty damn good this morning.

Okay near the 24 hour mark aches and chills decided to tag team me. I was getting too cocky. :x
0 x

The_Achiever
All-Star

Postby The_Achiever » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:35 pm

New York Cubs Fan wrote:
The_Achiever wrote:Got my big, beautiful J&J vax today. Lookout world!

Oof.

Easy big fella. I don't remember the last time I was sick so I might never go maskless again!
1 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:55 pm

heads up if you're looking for a shot and can/feel like hanging around Wrigleyville late afternoons

1 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:35 pm

big ball chunky time wrote:no one cares about oklahoma but we're a good example of GOP related vaccine hesitancy, and I think it's going to become a bigger story soon

for reference:
we never had a statewide mask mandate.
we were the first state to "open up." Everyone got mad at texas for doing it last month but we did it in JUNE OF 2020.
Our governor told people to just act like normal as the pandemic first took hold last year
he was often photographed without a mask.
He was the first governor to test positive for covid. he even shut down a restaurant because he ate there three days before he announced his positive test.
Everyone thought he got covid at the trump rally, but more likely he got it attending a police officer's funeral with thousands of others in Tulsa at a megachurch where no one wore masks despite the city-wide mask mandate.
He bragged about our economy being in good shape and then weeks later said "oops we have 3,000 more covid deaths in oklahoma than we've been claiming."
There's a policy about wearing masks in state buildings, including the capitol, but our republican legislators dont wear masks, they encourage the public (we had a massive anti abortion rally) to not wear masks. If a legislator is on the floor wearing a mask and asking questions, the republican legislators will often say "i can't hear you with your mask on" and refuse to answer the question.

We do have some pretty good people in charge of the various health departments, so our vaccine rollout started strong. Consistently in the top 10 for per capita for the first couple months. They hit up all the nursing homes and assisted living facilities, then when they saw demand dip (and supplies rise) they opened it up to everyone 65+ and those with co-morbidities. As soon as demand dipped, they opened it up to teachers, etc.

At this point we were still in the top 10 per capita. They then opened it up to "essential workers" (about 65-70 percent of the state qualified under this title. But within weeks they're already opening it up to the general public because people are not signing up anymore. We've now fallen out of the top 10 and our vaccinations have stalled at under 30 percent of the state.

I think in the next week or so oklahoma will be a poster child for vaccine hesitancy stories.

I think in the next week

Oklahoma City had 13,000 vaccines available and after being open for more than an hour only 500 people had signed up
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:00 am

big ball chunky time wrote:
big ball chunky time wrote:no one cares about oklahoma but we're a good example of GOP related vaccine hesitancy, and I think it's going to become a bigger story soon

for reference:
we were the first state to "open up." Everyone got mad at texas for doing it last month but we did it in JUNE OF 2020.
Our governor told people to just act like normal as the pandemic first took hold last year
He was the first governor to test positive for covid. he even shut down a restaurant because he ate there three days before he announced his positive test.
Everyone thought he got covid at the trump rally, but more likely he got it attending a police officer's funeral with thousands of others in Tulsa at a megachurch where no one wore masks despite the city-wide mask mandate.
He bragged about our economy being in good shape and then weeks later said "oops we have 3,000 more covid deaths in oklahoma than we've been claiming."
There's a policy about wearing masks in state buildings, including the capitol, but our republican legislators dont wear masks, they encourage the public (we had a massive anti abortion rally) to not wear masks. If a legislator is on the floor wearing a mask and asking questions, the republican legislators will often say "i can't hear you with your mask on" and refuse to answer the question.

We do have some pretty good people in charge of the various health departments, so our vaccine rollout started strong. Consistently in the top 10 for per capita for the first couple months. They hit up all the nursing homes and assisted living facilities, then when they saw demand dip (and supplies rise) they opened it up to everyone 65+ and those with co-morbidities. As soon as demand dipped, they opened it up to teachers, etc.

At this point we were still in the top 10 per capita. They then opened it up to "essential workers" (about 65-70 percent of the state qualified under this title. But within weeks they're already opening it up to the general public because people are not signing up anymore. We've now fallen out of the top 10 and our vaccinations have stalled at under 30 percent of the state.

I think in the next week or so oklahoma will be a poster child for vaccine hesitancy stories.

I think in the next week

Oklahoma City had 13,000 vaccines available and after being open for more than an hour only 500 people had signed up

4 x

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:02 am

Never really noticed OK (sorry) but now that you brought it up, it’s kind of a weird State. 8th in cases/1M, but 35th in deaths/1M.

I worked in OK a little, so I know rural it gets in the far flung areas. I wonder if some States still really don’t get the quality numbers from all corners.
0 x

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:26 am

Well I spoke too soon. Weakness setting in, body aches. Think I’ll shoot for about 10 hours of sleep tonight.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:16 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
big ball chunky time wrote:

for reference:

I think in the next week

Well, they'll get inoculated one way or the other: vaccine or virus
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:46 am

Who's in charge down there? Kyle?

1 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:14 am

Soul wrote:Never really noticed OK (sorry) but now that you brought it up, it’s kind of a weird State. 8th in cases/1M, but 35th in deaths/1M.

I worked in OK a little, so I know rural it gets in the far flung areas. I wonder if some States still really don’t get the quality numbers from all corners.

Ok isn’t 35th in deaths anymore. They “miscounted” by about 4000. Oopsie
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:55 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Who's in charge down there? Kyle?

I would have at least suggested they wear masks.
0 x

Return to “Social”