MCU Thread

Banedon
Curse You!

MCU Thread

Postby Banedon » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:41 pm

It's long past time for this. Star Wars, Star Trek, The Expanse, The Simpsons and probably others I'm not thinking of have their own threads. Let's stop cluttering up the Movie and TV threads with Marvel stuff for those who stubbornly resist.

For the second week in a row, WandaVision has a post-credits scene. Don't miss that.

Elizabeth Olsen better win a freaking Emmy.
2 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Re: MCU Thread

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:41 pm

Death to the mega threads
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:55 pm

#cancelculture !!!!
0 x

bukie
Superstar

Postby bukie » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:44 pm

Wanda's obsession with sitcoms suddenly became very sad.
0 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:23 am

Kathryn Hahn has been incredible, but that last scene of hers from episode 8 was just so forced.

I'm really interested to see how they wrap this up in just one more episode. It feels like there's going to have to be some major lose ends tied up in Doctor Strange 2.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:32 am

Rob wrote:Kathryn Hahn has been incredible, but that last scene of hers from episode 8 was just so forced.

I still enjoyed the episode, but yeah, this was the one that felt to me like the most...."regular?" Like, Agatha's origin story at the beginning was so needless and boring and seemingly what people who don't like comic books assume they're all like: just random people blasting each other with lasers. And Agatha is just bad, I guess? I thought the song at the end of last week was just playing along with the whole TV theme/gag, but yeah, unless they swing pretty wildly another way with her in the one episode they have left, her just being a witch-seeking baddie is kind of a letdown.
0 x

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:55 am

Banedon wrote:It's long past time for this. Star Wars, Star Trek, The Expanse, The Simpsons and probably others I'm not thinking of have their own threads. Let's stop cluttering up the Movie and TV threads with Marvel stuff for those who stubbornly resist.

solid moderation right here
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:01 am

Shocked this thread never existed with all you nerds before this. I had a tough time catching up.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:52 am

Last episode of WandaVision

Spoiler: show
was extremely well-acted but what a snoozefest. Hey, did you guys know Wanda went through a lot of trauma and that caused her to create the Hex when Vision died?

Of course you did. Literally everyone did within the first episode or two. I know, this is just me hating character moments that sacrifice plot velocity, as usual.

"That's Chaos Magic... you're The Scarlet Witch" was a low point for the series. Wanda turning out to be some sort of Chosen One for witches that was never alluded to in any way before is just a trope for the sake of troping.
3 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:56 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Rob wrote:Kathryn Hahn has been incredible, but that last scene of hers from episode 8 was just so forced.

I still enjoyed the episode, but yeah, this was the one that felt to me like the most...."regular?" Like, Agatha's origin story at the beginning was so needless and boring and seemingly what people who don't like comic books assume they're all like: just random people blasting each other with lasers. And Agatha is just bad, I guess? I thought the song at the end of last week was just playing along with the whole TV theme/gag, but yeah, unless they swing pretty wildly another way with her in the one episode they have left, her just being a witch-seeking baddie is kind of a letdown.

Oh I very much disagree.

I don't think this is an "Agatha is bad" thing....I think this is all more of a tough love situation. Agatha was basically a therapist through this whole episode. She was helping Wanda understand what happened and how Wanda *did* do all of this. "I killed Sparky too" from the last episode and holding the children hostage....none of those things are real. So she's not really hurting anything. We'll see by the end, but I think this is either more of a "mentoring Wanda" situation or at a minimum, evaluating how much of a threat she is.
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:06 pm

Last episode was awesome. First 5 minutes was giving off a very Sam Raimi vibe.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:11 pm

cl smooth wrote:Last episode was awesome. First 5 minutes was giving off a very Sam Raimi vibe.

See, that's exactly what I was hoping for, but it ended up being all zappy instead.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:16 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Last episode of WandaVision

was extremely well-acted but what a snoozefest. Hey, did you guys know Wanda went through a lot of trauma and that caused her to create the Hex when Vision died?

Of course you did. Literally everyone did within the first episode or two. I know, this is just me hating character moments that sacrifice plot velocity, as usual.

"That's Chaos Magic... you're The Scarlet Witch" was a low point for the series. Wanda turning out to be some sort of Chosen One for witches that was never alluded to in any way before is just a trope for the sake of troping.

► Show Spoiler
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:19 pm

Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Oh I very much disagree.

I don't think this is an "Agatha is bad" thing....I think this is all more of a tough love situation. Agatha was basically a therapist through this whole episode. She was helping Wanda understand what happened and how Wanda *did* do all of this. "I killed Sparky too" from the last episode and holding the children hostage....none of those things are real. So she's not really hurting anything. We'll see by the end, but I think this is either more of a "mentoring Wanda" situation or at a minimum, evaluating how much of a threat she is.

► Show Spoiler
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:40 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Oh I very much disagree.

► Show Spoiler

But Vision proved he can't exist outside of the Hex because he was born of Wanda's power. Presumably, that would go for the magical kids she spawned as well. We'll have to see, but given the comic incarnation of Agatha, and how this whole episode felt like some kind of therapy session for Wanda, i really do think they're setting this up that maybe there is no real villain of the story here.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:47 pm

Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Banedon wrote:
Oh I very much disagree.

► Show Spoiler

But Vision proved he can't exist outside of the Hex because he was born of Wanda's power. Presumably, that would go for the magical kids she spawned as well. We'll have to see, but given the comic incarnation of Agatha, and how this whole episode felt like some kind of therapy session for Wanda, i really do think they're setting this up that maybe there is no real villain of the story here.

Just because they maybe can only exist in one place doesn't mean they're not real. Just saying; trying to chalk up her murdering a dog and threatening her kids as something that DOESN'T telegraph her as the villain is the stretchiest of stretches. Yeah, they very well could try and flip it around in this last episode and make her NOT the bad guy...I'm saying I hope they don't, because it'll probably be a mess. None of this read as Agatha trying to help at all, IMO.
1 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:06 pm

Prediction/theory/guess:

The distinction between the rest of the world and the hex disappears in the next episode
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:23 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Prediction/theory/guess:

The distinction between the rest of the world and the hex disappears in the next episode

Agreed.

► Show Spoiler
0 x

TomtheBombadil
Superstar

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:44 pm

Harkness is wearing black and purple, she's definitely a villain

Also

she killed her mom and like 6 other witches

BTW what is so wrong with hiring an actor? Hahn was deaged for that stake scene, gd Disney man. Nepotism and CGI
0 x

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:11 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:Also

Ehhhhhh

Self defense, man. They were trying to kill her first.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
Superstar

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:59 pm

Banedon wrote:

Ehhhhhh

True, and she was trying to tell then she couldn't control her own powers. Another thing maybe leaning non-villain is her curiosity over Wanda's power levels without knowing fundamentals
0 x

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:32 pm

Best case for Agatha is she’s being forced to do this stuff at the behest of Mephisto or Nightmare or whoever. Only glimpse we get of that is probably a credits scene. So she may be redeemable if that’s the case. But nothing about what she’s done to this point suggests pure motives of her own design.

Now if anybody wants more extreme speculation...

Any buyers on the theory that white Vision may be Ultron? O.G. Vision was Ultron’s imprint plus the mind stone. This one has no mind stone, ergo... Also, there were some rumors that Spader might be coming back.

I don’t buy the theory myself - largely due to how awkward and distracting it would be for Spader to voiceover Bettany. Otherwise I could see it.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:14 pm

Rob wrote:
Best case for Agatha is she’s being forced to do this stuff at the behest of Mephisto or Nightmare or whoever. Only glimpse we get of that is probably a credits scene. So she may be redeemable if that’s the case. But nothing about what she’s done to this point suggests pure motives of her own design.

Now if anybody wants more extreme speculation...

Any buyers on the theory that white Vision may be Ultron? O.G. Vision was Ultron’s imprint plus the mind stone. This one has no mind stone, ergo... Also, there were some rumors that Spader might be coming back.

I don’t buy the theory myself - largely due to how awkward and distracting it would be for Spader to voiceover Bettany. Otherwise I could see it.

Nah, that doesn't really work. Ultron came about because of the Mind Stone as well. The Avengers had Loki's staff. Tony did his comparison of Jarvis vs the Mind Stone and says "this could be the key to creating Ultron." So Bruce and Tony dinked around and left Jarvis to keep trying to do "random science thing" until it worked and suddenly Ultron was born.

In Infinity War, Bruce says that Jarvis is made up of Ultron, Jarvis, Tony, Bruce and the Mind Stone. So even if the Mind Stone was removed, there's still more than just Ultron left...and it's debatable whether Ultron would still exist without the Mind Stone.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:01 am

Banedon wrote:

Ehhhhhh

Yeah, because she's the horsefeathering villain.
0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:18 am

Having her brag about killing a dog is universal show-writer code for "look I know we're all genre-savvy now and we see face turns and anti-heroes in everything but this is for-real a bad guy. We want to be very clear on that."
3 x

Return to “Social”