MCU Thread

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Re: MCU Thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:52 am

CoolHandLuke wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Civil War took a big nose-dive for me on re-watch, mainly because I think the Russo Brothers are really horsefeathering boring filmmakers, and the movie is so horsefeathering flat and grey. They did a good job with Winter Soldier, but it's kind of a bummer that all the big stuff that follows is handled by a couple of dudes who are basically the dictionary definition of "workman-like." Like, it all works, but it does so, IMO, in spite of them.

Now, rewatching Kong: Skull Island, THAT director is the kind of dude who should be directing this huge pop culture tentpole event flicks. Too bad he seemingly dropped out of life after apparently being almost beaten to death in a Vietnam bar.

Seems like he has been working on Metal Gear Solid for quite some time.

Blaaaaaaaaah. Give that guy a comic book franchise or a horsefeathering Star War or something cool. Video game movies are forever damned.
0 x

Proven Veteran
All-Star

Postby Proven Veteran » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:48 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
CoolHandLuke wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Civil War took a big nose-dive for me on re-watch, mainly because I think the Russo Brothers are really horsefeathering boring filmmakers, and the movie is so horsefeathering flat and grey. They did a good job with Winter Soldier, but it's kind of a bummer that all the big stuff that follows is handled by a couple of dudes who are basically the dictionary definition of "workman-like." Like, it all works, but it does so, IMO, in spite of them.

Now, rewatching Kong: Skull Island, THAT director is the kind of dude who should be directing this huge pop culture tentpole event flicks. Too bad he seemingly dropped out of life after apparently being almost beaten to death in a Vietnam bar.

Blaaaaaaaaah. Give that guy a comic book franchise or a horsefeathering Star War or something cool. Video game movies are forever damned.

Yep. Skull Island was horsefeathering great.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:27 pm

3 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:39 pm

Proven Veteran wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
CoolHandLuke wrote:

Yep. Skull Island was horsefeathering great.
Watched that this weekend for the first time and I have to say, I agree. That was a fun ridiculous movie.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:54 pm

Banedon wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW948Va-l10

i have verrrryyyyy high hopes for this one
3 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:57 pm

big ball chunky time wrote:

Me too. The Falcon and the Winter Solider is not good. Bad acting and a boring story that is going nowhere.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:52 pm

CubinNY wrote:

Me too. The Falcon and the Winter Solider is not good. Bad acting and a boring story that is going nowhere.

I liked the first episode, second one was decent, this most recent one was not good IMO and isn't particularly heading in the right direction. We'll see, I wouldn't be shocked if I had a completely different opinion after another episode.
0 x
Win it for Fred

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:06 pm

I can't imagine that Loki show being bad. Looks promising.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:16 am

UMFan83 wrote:
CubinNY wrote:

I liked the first episode, second one was decent, this most recent one was not good IMO and isn't particularly heading in the right direction. We'll see, I wouldn't be shocked if I had a completely different opinion after another episode.

It's so horsefeathering boring and paper thin. It's completely hinged only how likable the two lead actors are, and absolutely nothing else.
0 x

Proven Veteran
All-Star

Postby Proven Veteran » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:35 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:
CubinNY wrote:Me too. The Falcon and the Winter Solider is not good. Bad acting and a boring story that is going nowhere.

It's so horsefeathering boring and paper thin. It's completely hinged only how likable the two lead actors are, and absolutely nothing else.

Falcon and Winter Soldier are boring characters with no powers which had me concerned going in to this.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:22 am

Doctor Strange was really good. The visual effects were among the best I've ever seen (and kudos to the producers for hiring women in the key VFX roles).
4 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:43 pm

Episode 4 was definitely better than episode 3 but the plot is still a bit stale and there are only 2 episodes left.
0 x
Win it for Fred

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:59 pm

I was so bored to tears by Ep. 1, I haven't bothered with the rest, and I normally give anything a shot for at least 2 Eps.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:52 am

Be real careful of spoilers today for Falcon and the Winter Soldier if that's a thing you care about.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:00 pm

Also, apparently part of the problem with Episode 3 was that they redid a lot of this. There was originally a larger plot that they had to re-do....

Spoiler: show
The stuff with Mama Donya or whatever....there was some disease going around. That's why the flag smashers were originally stealing vaccine. They changed a lot of things when the pandemic happened, and so some of that felt weird.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:32 pm

Banedon wrote:Be real careful of spoilers today for Falcon and the Winter Soldier if that's a thing you care about.

The hype coming into this episode was off the charts so I knew it would be a big one...going to be hard to avoid finding out on the internet today and can't watch until like 9pm tonight
0 x
Win it for Fred

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:24 pm

Yeah, baby:

Tony Leung in an American movie, much less a Marvel one, is all kinds of weird and awesome.
2 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:55 pm

If *fans* paid for this, then we really might be screwed then I already imagine

If *Disney* paid for this and is just saying that fans did, then yeah par for the course and sure

Give me Riri Williams, please. Tony Stark was the horsefeathers worst. The guy or his company is tied to the origin of pretty much every non-alien villain in the MCU fhs, the aliens were attracted to his Progress with technology or whatever, what is so great about this guy? He has money? He quips? Gwenyth Paltrow? That Disney wrote he call his black best friend "my Rhodey" in the possessive for no particular reason and it made the cut? The worship of people with money in this country by the proles truly fascinates me, meanwhile everything is worse and getting worser for anyone who isn't a mega billionaire :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

//endsanerant

Also Russell Crowe is playing Zeus. Will Disney give the world a gay or bi, burly, hairy Hercules with his pops in the picture? Ha! Maybe they call up Zac Efron from the farm system instead
0 x

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:01 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:If *Disney* paid for this and is just saying that fans did, then yeah par for the course and sure

Whut.

(Like, Disney sucks, but this kinda horsefeathers always makes someone sound crazy)
1 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:26 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Whut.

(Like, Disney sucks, but this kinda horsefeathers always makes someone sound crazy)

I'm curious what real flesh and blood humans in LA gives a half a horsefeathers about Tony Stark or the MCU outside of the money it makes. Fans in LA? Might as well have told me Bigfoot bought that billboard (except Bigfoot exists). And if there are fans in LA? No way they can afford the billboard! Who is paying for that? Apple/Retail associates? Fast food and restaurant employees? Who are these people?
0 x

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:35 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Whut.

I'm curious what real flesh and blood humans in LA gives a half a horsefeathers about Tony Stark or the MCU outside of the money it makes. Fans in LA? Might as well have told me Bigfoot bought that billboard (except Bigfoot exists). And if there are fans in LA? No way they can afford the billboard!

I mean...look at literally any fanbase; they're filled with these kinds of obsessive maniacs. We live in a world where the horsefeathering Snyder Cut was willed into existence thanks to these kinds of horsefeathers. Look at everything that's spun out of Gamergate. horsefeathers, just be aware of the existence of Star Wars fans. How is THIS the thing that you think it's virtually impossible to be the work of some dip horsefeathers fans?
1 x

Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:53 pm

Tom do you think the fanbase for the most popular movie franchise in history is confined to certain parts of the US? Are you legitimately wondering why people who live in Los Angeles(or people anywhere capable of paying for a billboard in Los Angeles) might have an above average interest in movies and the movie business?
1 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:10 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I mean...look at literally any fanbase; they're filled with these kinds of obsessive maniacs. We live in a world where the horsefeathering Snyder Cut was willed into existence thanks to these kinds of horsefeathers. Look at everything that's spun out of Gamergate. horsefeathers, just be aware of the existence of Star Wars fans. How is THIS the thing that you think it's virtually impossible to be the work of some dip horsefeathers fans?

Mostly because it's Disney, who I really do believe helped melt the brains of the American population during the 20th and 21st century with their wishy washy princes and princesses in a castle with dead parents and talking animals nonsense. Now their headliner is a billionaire who steals government contracts from smaller contractors, found out a nice chunk of his inherited fortune comes from arming the terrists, apparently is under the impression he owns his black best friend, etc etc...Drives me nuts and I'm already pretty warped
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:55 am

Someone put a wallet under his tongue when he gets like this.
3 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:42 am

I mean, if we're going over the misdeeds of a fictional character, it does seem fair to note that he literally died in a successful bid to keep a deranged alien lunatic from wiping out all life in the universe, so that presumably earns a little bit of forgiveness.
0 x

Return to “Social”