Re: Week 2: Bears vs. Bengals

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:08 pm

"hilarious" or just obvious?
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:22 pm

David wrote:I can't believe it's only one week in and this horsefeathers is already starting...

It would be hilarious of Nagy, after finally getting his own (stud) QB, got himself canned by dying on this hill and pissing everyone off on the team and possibly his own coaching staff.

There's definitely a lot of interesting stuff leaking to the media, particularly from Lazor. Clearly we know how he stands. He's probably pissed that Nagy took back playcalling reigns too after Lazor actually had the team producing points last year.

If the OC is saying this, this has got to be the prevailing feeling in the locker room and rightfully so.
0 x
Win it for Fred

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:26 pm

right

imagine how allen robinson, stud WR who has never had a decent QB and is playing for a contract feels. or even someone like mack who obviously only has so many seasons left. if the players want fields and dalton is out there losing games (which he will for as long as he plays), it's going to get ugly.

that said, i don't really think that's how it's going to play out. i think he'll play a little more each week and i think he'll be starting by week 4 or 5.
0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:45 pm

David wrote:right

that said, i don't really think that's how it's going to play out. i think he'll play a little more each week and i think he'll be starting by week 4 or 5.

Yup, Im thinking week 4 at home vs Detroit, a perfect situation. How are the Bears fans at Soldier Field going to react this Sunday if the Bears sputter into halftime with like 6 points or if something happens like a Dalton pick 6?
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:51 pm

0 x

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:23 pm

Brian707 wrote:
David wrote:right

Yup, Im thinking week 4 at home vs Detroit, a perfect situation. How are the Bears fans at Soldier Field going to react this Sunday if the Bears sputter into halftime with like 6 points or if something happens like a Dalton pick 6?

Boos. Hisses. The usual restless fandom stuff.
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

PackLandVA
All-Star

Postby PackLandVA » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:32 am

UMFan83 wrote:
There's definitely a lot of interesting stuff leaking to the media, particularly from Lazor. Clearly we know how he stands. He's probably pissed that Nagy took back playcalling reigns too after Lazor actually had the team producing points last year.

If the OC is saying this, this has got to be the prevailing feeling in the locker room and rightfully so.

I'd think Nagy would have a handle on his coaching staff and maybe addressed with them an coordinated and "appropriate" answer to JF questions. Not surprisingly, he doesn't. I hear Jen Psaki will be available in a few weeks.
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:34 am

PackLandVA wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:

I'd think Nagy would have a handle on his coaching staff and maybe addressed with them an coordinated and "appropriate" answer to JF questions. Not surprisingly, he doesn't. I hear Jen Psaki will be available in a few weeks.

this horsefeathering guy
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

PackLandVA
All-Star

Postby PackLandVA » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:44 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
PackLandVA wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:

this horsefeathering guy

If I'm interpreting your reply correctly, I'm not certain what's your beef is with my post. I don't think there's anything wrong with what I typed. There's' nothing baiting or trolling about it. If I were a Bears fan, would there be something wrong with what I typed? It seems odd to me that his coaching staff doesn't have a stock answer about Fields. As others mentioned, it's almost like he's being undermined. Are you that sensitive that a fan of a rival team can't comment on the Bears??
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:47 am

PackLandVA wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
PackLandVA wrote:

this horsefeathering guy

If I'm interpreting your reply correctly, I'm not certain what's your beef is with my post. I don't think there's anything wrong with what I typed. There's' nothing baiting or trolling about it. If I were a Bears fan, would there be something wrong with what I typed? It seems odd to me that his coaching staff doesn't have a stock answer about Fields. As others mentioned, it's almost like he's being undermined. Are you that sensitive that a fan of a rival team can't comment on the Bears??

It was more in response to the Psaki comment, but also just your overall douchiness.

Bears fans here, and other places, are freaking out about a fate acompli. And they're feeding your trolling. Fields will be the starter sooner than later. Chill the F out you dorks.
3 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

PackLandVA
All-Star

Postby PackLandVA » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:52 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
PackLandVA wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:this horsefeathering guy

It was more in response to the Psaki comment, but also just your overall douchiness.

Bears fans here, and other places, are freaking out about a fate acompli. And they're feeding your trolling. Fields will be the starter sooner than later. Chill the F out you dorks.

Wasn't aware of my "genreral douchiness", but whatever. I'm a sports fan and I think fairly objective. And I don't troll at all. If that's how you've interpreted it, I don't know what to say. My comment about Jen Psaki was kinda toungue in cheek in that her job is to be the voice of the admin, or maintain a singular message. Doesn't sound like Nagy does that. Again, I'm not a troll, never have been. Much ado of nothing.
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:42 am

PackLandVA wrote:Wasn't aware of my "genreral douchiness"....

you're a Packers fan posting in a Bears thread, that's all you need to be aware of. It will be read as douchiness regardless of your intent 9/10 times
2 x

PackLandVA
All-Star

Postby PackLandVA » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:23 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
PackLandVA wrote:Wasn't aware of my "general douchiness"....

you're a Packers fan posting in a Bears thread, that's all you need to be aware of. It will be read as douchiness regardless of your intent 9/10 times

Well that's pretty petty. Seriously.

*edit*

And for what's it's worth, I've been a member of this forum for almost two decades. I don't spout off, I don't antagonize, I certainly don't troll. I'm a huge Cubs fan. So I generally don't post on any of the non-Cubs threads because I'm a Cubs fan first. But I obviously incorrectly thought that being on this board so long at least gave me a little bit of credibility as not being a troll. Apparently not.

I'm not Bears fans by any means, but I think I'm a mostly objective fan in all sports. And I really don't think anything I've posted about the Bears (rarely) is egregious/outrageous/inflammatory/whatever. Seriously. And if "anything" I post on the Bears forum is "read as douchiness" because I'm a Packers fan, well that's pretty thin skinned.
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:53 am

This guy acts like he has connections and says vague things like this so take with a grain of salt

0 x
Win it for Fred

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:09 pm

PackLandVA wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
PackLandVA wrote:Wasn't aware of my "general douchiness"....

*edit*

And for what's it's worth, I've been a member of this forum for almost two decades. I don't spout off, I don't antagonize, I certainly don't troll. I'm a huge Cubs fan. So I generally don't post on any of the non-Cubs threads because I'm a Cubs fan first. But I obviously incorrectly thought that being on this board so long at least gave me a little bit of credibility as not being a troll. Apparently not.

I'm not Bears fans by any means, but I think I'm a mostly objective fan in all sports. And I really don't think anything I've posted about the Bears (rarely) is egregious/outrageous/inflammatory/whatever. Seriously. And if "anything" I post on the Bears forum is "read as douchiness" because I'm a Packers fan, well that's pretty thin skinned.

You're a packers fans deriding the bears with sarcastic comments in a bears thread. That's douchy.
4 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:48 pm

UMFan83 wrote:This guy acts like he has connections and says vague things like this so take with a grain of salt

He does have connections and at the very least is buddies with Adam Jahns.

He also ridiculously seemed to think Nagy was going to sit Fields all year like a week or two ago.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:28 pm

Another grain of salty guy

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... ssion=true

It would be hilarious if Fields saved Nagy's ass and the season because Ted and George of all people weighed in.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:14 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Another grain of salty guy

It would be hilarious if Fields saved Nagy's ass and the season because Ted and George of all people weighed in.

I don't pretend to understand the NFL and I really don't watch much football at all, but it seems like a really, extremely easy decision to start your #1 pick, franchise-defining player. From an outsider looking in, the Bears look stupid.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:18 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
PackLandVA wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:

*edit*

You're a packers fans deriding the bears with sarcastic comments in a bears thread. That's douchy.

1 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:44 pm

I dont think it would be hilarious, it would be wonderful and give me some idea that the team has at least some intelligence at its upper leadership levels.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:58 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:

I dont think it would be hilarious, it would be wonderful and give me some idea that the team has at least some intelligence at its upper leadership levels.

But it would be a really awkward moment between the Phillips haters and the "Akshually Phillips doesn't matter" guys like me.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:07 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:

But it would be a really awkward moment between the Phillips haters and the "Akshually Phillips doesn't matter" guys like me.

well, if its Phillips who does get Fields to start, then he clearly does matter and you are wrong sir

(I dont know how I feel on that issue, I just want Fields to play)
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:10 pm

I think people are overplaying the "Nagy has to be pressured to start Fields" story. Nagy wants Fields to be his QB. He's going to start. Nagy didn't want him to start from day 1. He will be making a change relatively soon, that much is obvious.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:30 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:

well, if its Phillips who does get Fields to start, then he clearly does matter and you are wrong sir

(I dont know how I feel on that issue, I just want Fields to play)

But the Phillips haters will have to tip their cap. Who blinks first?
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:31 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:But the Phillips haters will have to tip their cap. Who blinks first?

nagy?
1 x

Return to “Other Sports”