Have new extra inning games been more exciting to watch?

Do new extra inning rules make games more exciting to watch?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 48

Andy
Hall of Fame

Re: Have new extra inning games been more exciting to watch?

Postby Andy » Thu May 27, 2021 5:11 pm

d_money wrote:
Andy wrote:
Banedon wrote:I know it's not a popular take, but I'd rather just keep extra innings as they were and have ties after a certain number of innings. 11? 13? You save yourself the marathon, pitcher destroying games without the stupidity of ghost runners.

I loathe the idea of ties too, but if you gave me the choice of ties after 12 or this current crap, give me ties all day.

If they agreed to ties, would then MLB go to a standings point based system similar to the NHL?

I hadn't thought it through, but baseball isn't a continuous sport the way hockey is; teams can't give up runs in a failed attempt to score themselves. So that probably wouldn't be necessary - which isn't to say it might not still happen.
0 x

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Thu May 27, 2021 5:15 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:I like how every youth tournament I go to has to enact "CALIFORNIA RULES" when extra innings start. The only problem is, every damn tournament does it differently. All have some variation of a person on 2nd, but some come with an out. Some come with a 1-1 count. Some have bases loaded and 2 outs. I don't mind tournaments handling it differently, but can we stop shouting "CALIFORNIA RULES!!!" then explaining to the coaches what your interpretation is that day?

I'd like to think this is all the result of some maniac who is just screaming about how big a fan of California he is.

it was all Anthony Kiedis's idea
3 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu May 27, 2021 6:52 pm

Bing-a-bong-a-Burbank.
1 x
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Polls”